The Mechanic

The Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you okay?" 

There was a ringing noise filling her head and her wound was still slightly bleeding. 

" Yea, i'm fine. How about you?" she asked the older woman.

"I think I just broke my ribs but I can manage"

Taeyeon opened the police car. "How about you drive this prowl car? We need to find a garage to fix the caddy"

"Okay.."

...................................................................................

It was Day 2 since they started this road expedition. Her last 24 hours had been filled with danger and violent encounters she never would've expected to happen even in her wildest dreams.

Her life was far from perfect before all this chaos had happend but she was contented. Because she had Irene with her. Wendy was a decent and good natured person with simple dreams of having a good family with the love of her life. Now she wasn't so sure of her character anymore, with all the shootings and a dead man on their account. Everything happened so fast and all these uncertainties are frightening her. 

But her bae is waiting.

It was already daylight and as she drove the patrol car, she passed by a singage stating that they have reached Gurye, a county in Jeollanam-do. She looked at the side mirror and saw Taeyeon giving her a nod from the caddy.

She took a left turn.

They passed by farms and plantations. There were some dead animals here and there. The air outside was an unhealthy blur of red and orange.

Not long after, they reached a settlement filled with cabins and small wooden houses. It looked like a very old community. But there were junks of cars scattered around. Maybe they could seek  help.

Finally, Wendy stopped driving upon reaching an open grarage. Her and Taeyeon got down their respective cars.

They approached a person who was wearing a cap and cleaning an old car's wheels.

"Hey. Do you work here?" Wendy asked politely.

The person raised their head and they were surprised to see it was a young woman, poker faced.

"Um... we got into an accident" she added.

The girl just stared. She levelled at look at the two of them. She seems suspicious of them. They couldn't exactly tell her, they've just killed someone, even if it was a lunatic.

"Yeah?... then where's the trooper?" asked the girl nodding to the patrol car, her voice soft yet implicit of something.

"Uhh.. it was an abandoned car." 

The young girl stared again for a few seconds, before moving to check their cars.

"Do you guys even know where you are?" she asked.

This time it was Taeyeon who answered.

"We were actually hoping that you could help us."

It was a request which weighed a lot.

"Do you have money? I ain't doing anything for free." the girl said, already picking up her tools.

"Nor should you." said Taeyeon.

"I can take a look. If you need new parts, then I can't help you. Anyways, rest room is all the way at the back."

"Thank you."

........................................................................................

Inside the rest room

Wendy tried to nurse her wounded head. She didn't exactly have a medical kit with her, but she washed out the dry blood sticking to her hair and skin. She also changed her stained top with a shirt. 

She can still feel some ringing in her ears but her dizziness was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter