Calm Before The Storm

The Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seongbuk-dong Hospital

Inside the room was Dr. Sunny running an ultrasound scan on the beautiful lady's stomach. Beside her was another woman who's short brown hair in sharming cut outlined her good looking face. The latter held the pregnant woman's hand softly and looked at the ultrasound screen. She could make out the peanut shaped living thing as it moves along with the scanner.

"It's growing healthy. Are you ready to know the gender of the baby?" asked Dr. Sunny, excited to tell the young couple whom she adores.

Ïrene looked at Wendy's eyes only to find the latter looking at her tenderly. She can see the overflowing emotions behind her fiance's eyes, and she can't help but return her tender smile. "Are you ready babe?"

"Always for you and our baby", Wendy whispered as she kissed Irene's hand and squeezed it for support. It warmed Irene's heart to know that Wendy is just as excited as her to welcome their lovechild in this world. It's starts with today's gender-reveal.

"We're ready Dr. Sunny." Irene said, her eyes determined.

The doctor beamed at the couple and said, "Congratulations, you are having a baby girl."

The couple were ecstatic to know the gender of their baby. They did not have a particular preferrence but Wendy had mentioned to Irene that she dreamed of a little girl calling her mommy. Irene  that maybe deep inside Wendy really wanted a baby girl but the latter denied it saying she will love their baby regardless of its gender and it's because it's born outof her and Irene's love. Count on Wendy to never fail at being greasy.

The couple left the hospital feeling grateful and blessed to be together andwith a little miracle on the way. Wendy wrapped her hands around her fiancee' and Joohyun basked in the comfort and loving presence of her partner. She knew they have a very little time left before Wendy's business travel to Daegu.

Inside Wendy's car,

The couple had been sharing tender kisses for some time now. They were at the parking lot of their apartment buiding.

"I don't feel like going now. I don't want to be away from you..." Wendy said as she chased Irene's lips for another kiss. 

"You have to baby. You're meeting my parents tonight remember?" Irene replied as she caressed her fiancee's brown locks.She knows she loves it when she does that. She wants to shower her fiance' with all her affections before she leaves. She heard Wendy grumbled something under her breath.

"You mom is going to be at my neck all throughout dinner, waiting for a kill."Wendy said as she buried her face on Irene's neck.

Irene chuckled, "You know she's not that bad. Please be at your best behavior tonight, mama's on our side. After all,you have a question to pop to my parents..." she teased the brown haired woman.

"How do I even ask your navy mom to give us her blessings when she still hasn't forgiven me for sinking her boat?" Wendy groaned again at the memory of that bad vacation.

Irene pecked her lips, "You'll be fine. Just give it a shot. They know I love you so much. I'd be heartbroken if they wouldn't approve of u.. I won't have anyone walking me on that isle but you baby.."

Wendy melted at Irene's loving words and tender looks. She still can't believe how this incredibly beautiful woman came to love her and became hers. And now, they've got a little peanut on the way. Everyday she can't thank the universe enough for conspiring their fated love.

"I'll do my best babe" Wendy replied caressing Irene's face and leaving a kiss on her forehead.

"I believe in you. And if mom won't budge, tell her that her only daughter is having your baby..."Irene smirked. Wendy knows that Irene was just teasing her but it got her all hot and bothered. She couldn't help herself as she pulled her to her lap and shared another passionate kiss with her.

"Not gonna happen babe. I want to come back to you alive." Wendy whispered as she proceeded to Irene's top and the latter her name loudly. "Oh, babe.. but you're going to be late.. ahh..oh..."

"It'll be worth it babe."

Let's just say Wendy needed to overspeed multiple times in the highway. Something she has no plans of ever telling Irene.

.........................................

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter