The One That Got Away

You Again

 

The week went by fast. It helped that Jonghyun and Minho were neighbors because everyday after school they were still able to hang out and play video games all night or until Minho had to go home.

 

The whole wall incident was soon forgotten and life went on as it normally would:
Jonghyun would get in trouble for something.
Minho did his best to bail Jonghyun out.
Jonghyun continued to hate Taemin and Taemin continued to take Minho for granted.

 

Spring slowly turned into summer and after graduation they spent every moment they could together. They spent the majority of their time at the lake, if they weren’t playing soccer or getting high in Minho’s room.

 

---

 

They stole Jjong’s parents’ liquor and climbed to the roof where they talked about their future like they had a clue. (Insert Katy Perry here LOL) (Sungyo, I you not! I had this written before we rp-ed it! XD) And Jonghyun being Jonghyun, there always was a stash of weed somewhere nearby.

 

They had been laying on their back staring at the stars sharing a bottle of vodka when Minho could no longer hold back and finally asked. “Yah, how come I never see you with anyone?” Minho asked suddenly sitting up to take a drink.

 

Jonghyun sat up only just enough to rest his weight on his arm. “What do you mean?” Jonghyun asked as he took another hit from the small lit rolled up paper.

 

Minho took it and did the same. He coughed slightly and exhaled. “I mean for as long as I can remember you’ve never dated.”

 

As soon as the words left Minho’s lips Jonghyun started to cough up a lung causing the other to laugh. “I guess I’m just waiting for the right one?”

 

“You really expect me to buy that bull?” Minho laughed. His eyes were blood shot and he could barely remember what they were talking about. His face was numb and he felt like if everything around him was moving.

 

Jonghyun smiled as he took another hit. “I have had feeling for someone but…” he confessed taking a long drink. The bitter taste burned his throat but he liked it.

 

“Tell me,” Minho said taking the bottle from his hyung and then realizing it was empty.

 

Jonghyun looked at his friend. “Nah,” he said laughing.

 

“What?! Why not?!” Minho asked a bit hurt. “I’m your best friend-”

 

“Exactly.” Jonghyun said wishing he hadn’t brought it up. “It’s because you’re my best friend that I can’t tell you.”

 

They started at each other seriously before bursting into laughter and falling back against the roof.

 

“That makes no ing sense,” Minho giggled uncontrollably rolling on his side.

 

“It made more sense in my head,” Jjong lied hoping that Minho would drop the subject. 

 

---

 

The summer went by quickly and before either of them could stop it, Jonghyun was helping his dongsaeng pack.

 

“I still can’t believe you’re leaving.”

 

“Believe it” Minho smiled. “You know if you’ve tried harder you could’ve come with me.”

 

“And what, be stuck doing something else I don’t like for the next 4 years? No, thanks.”  Silence fell on them. “How’s Taemin taking it?”

 

“He’s not. I haven’t spoken to him for 2 days. He doesn’t want me to leave.”

 

‘None of us do.’ Jonghyun thought to himself as he watched Minho zip up his last bag. “C’mon,” Jonghyun said grabbing Minho’s luggage. “I’ll drive.”

 

---

 

“So you’re leaving.” Taemin said crossing his arms with his back towards his boyfriend.

 

Minho simply sighed and nodded. “Tae-”

 

“What about us?”

 

“I’m coming back,” Minho said taking a step forward and back hugging the redhead. “Please look at me.”

 

Taemin remained silent refusing Minho’s request. “Just go.” He said coldly.

 

Minho placed a small kiss on Taemin’s head and walked out of the room.

 

By the look on Minho’s face Jonghyun knew it didn’t go well but before he got a chance to comfort his friend a voiced interrupted them.

 

“Minho!” Taemin called out as he ran towards him. He jumped into Minho’s arms and crashed their lips together. “Come back to me,” he whispered.

 

Minho pulled away and pressed their foreheads together. “I will.” He whispered back.

 

Jonghyun stood there pretending to gag causing Minho to smile and Taemin to glare.

 

---

 

“So this is it?”

 

“This is it,” Minho said closing the car trunk and readjusting his shoulder bag. “Why the long face? I’ll still visit.”

 

“It’s not gonna be the same getting in trouble without you.” Jonghyun admitted.

 

“Then don’t, pabo. I won’t be here to bail your dumb out of jail.”

 

“If anything you’d be in there with me.”

 

Minho took a moment to think it over. “Probably.”

 

The walk from the car to the check in at the train station was a quiet one. What else was there left to say? Minho was leaving and Jonghyun was being left behind.

 

“Take care,” Jonghyun said hugging his friend when his number was called. “Now get out of here so I can miss you already.”

 

“Bye, Jjong,” Minho smiled and gave his friend on last look before turning and boarding the train.

 

He sat by the window and looked out at his friend who was still there. He gave a small wave. It wasn’t long before the train pulled out and Jonghyun grew smaller and smaller. He rested his forehead against the window and felt the cold against his skin.

 

 ‘I’m gonna miss you too, hyung.’

 

Malkom’s Note

Ugh. ty update >.> Sorry.
Anyway there goes Minho~ ; ~ ;
But not to worry!! He’s coming back! XD

OH! AND BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THIS 2MIN FIC FOR ALL YOU 2MIN LOVERS! IT’S MINE CUZ I SAID SO! WRITTEN BY NONE OTHER THEN OUR LOVELY MRS. KIM JONGHYUN SUNGYO! I’M GONNA WORK ON A TRAILER FOR IT SOON SO BE ON THE LOOK OUT XD ♥
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/141516/hold-me-tight-2min-jongkey-onew-shinee-yunjae-sungyo
 

 

ohmygosh: I shall try! Thank you for waiting!! ^^;

SunnySun: It’s here!! :DD Love you too :3

sungyo: ! Calm yourself. XD we’ve discussed this and I have your role down! >;3

kyarin: Yay!!!!! I’m happy!!! ♥

uh0hitsjoannexd: Right?! Too bad they’re both too stupid to realize it XD

choikhatymin90: Yes they are! They’re best friends :P

Jongho-obsessed: Sweet~! XD

fickleheartedme: I already had this in mind, but I like how you think ;)) lmao

AmythystJade: *throws confetti*

-deehyung: Yay~! That means I’m doing something right!!! :DD