Don't Worry About It

You Again

 

Minho sighed and threw his head back as he slumped in his chair. He had grown bored of being cooped up in the library doing researched for a project that would earn him college credit. Lately his parents had been pushing him to do better in school in order for him to get into a good college. Little did his parents know that their son’s passion was writing. Minho didn’t have the heart to tell him parents all he wanted to be was a writer. That would fly in the Choi residence. No, the only way Minho would ever please his parents was if he became a lawyer.

 

He looked out the window tapping his pencil and wishing he was anywhere but there. Luckily someone had caught sight of him and in no time would grant his wish by offering him a more exciting alternative.

 

Minho stood up and walked over to a shelf to find another book. “Pst!” Minho heard a voice call out from behind a bookshelf. He smiled to himself immediately recognizing who it was.

 

“Shouldn’t you been in Math class right now?” Minho asked grabbing a book that revealed his best friend’s face on the other side. He crossed his arms waited to hear what excuse his friend had this time.

 

“Shouldn’t you be somewhere enjoying your youth?” Jonghyun asked walking over to where Minho was. Jonghyun knew Minho’s situation and hated his parents for it, but he hated Minho more for not standing up for himself.  

 

“I can’t, Jonghyun. I gotta-”

 

“Don’t tell me.” Jonghyun said interrupting him. “Another extra credit project.”

 

Minho only sighed and nodded.

 

“C’mon, Minho. All work and no play…,” Jonghyun smirked as he grabbed Minho’s book and began to walk away. “Makes you a very dull person.”

 

“Hyung,” Minho smiled wanting more than anything to get out of the library.

 

“One hour, then I’ll give you your stupid book back,” Jonghyun negotiated.

 

“What did you have in mind?”

 

“You’ll see.”

ᘛᘚ

 

“Won’t we get in trouble for this?” An 18 year old Minho asked as he continued his task. His hands were stained with different colors.

 

“Only if we get caught.” A 19 year old Jonghyun responded with a sly smirk as he shook another can of paint and continued to spray paint the wall.

 

They worked quickly switching off cans, using the school’s wall was their canvas and after a while they stepped back to look at their art work.

 

“,” Minho chuckled looking at Jonhyun’s failed attempt at drawing something. “You can’t draw dinosaurs!” he examined nearly falling over from laughter.

“That’s not a dinosaur! It’s a dragon. I added wings!”

 

“That’s a wing?!”

 

“It’s better than yours! What did you draw?” Jonghyun asked walking over to look at Minho’s work. Instead of finding a drawing he found words:

“The greatest please in life is doing what people say you can’t do.”

“Let’s make better mistakes tomorrow.”

“Don’t let your mouth get you into something your can’t handle.”

“Maybe it’s true,
 maybe we don’t know
what we have
until we’ve lost it
but, maybe it’s also true
we don’t know
what we’re missing
until we find it”

 

“That’s deep, bro.” Jonghyun said as he ran his hand over the words last words. “Why do these remind me of me?” he asked jokingly, never suspecting that he really was the reason whyMinho wrote them. Minho only smiled and looked at his friend who kept rereading the words on the wall.

 

“Yah!” a haunting voice shouted interrupting their train of thought. A teacher had seen them and was making his way towards them. Very fast. Both boys took off in a sprint in the opposite direction laughing. Once again they had managed to get in trouble

 

ᘛᘚ

 

“Minho!” a redhead scolded pushing Jonghyun out of the way when he saw his boyfriend walking down the hall.

 

“Hello to you too,” Jonghyun muttered under his breath rolling his eyes.

 

“What the hell!?” Taemin said furiously.  “Are the rumors true?”

 

“What rumors?” Minho asked. ‘, news travels fast around here.’

 

“That you were caught vandalizing the school?!” Taemin huffed.

 

“Oh right that…you see,” There was no point in lying now. “Yeah, they are.”

 

Taemin turned to look at Jonghyun. “I bet this was all his fault! This is why you shouldn’t hang out with him!” Taemin pointed at Jonghyun who just stood there with a lost look on his face and hands shoved in his pockets. “He’s nothing but trouble!”

 

Jonghyun bit his tongue to keep himself from saying anything to his best friend’s boyfriend. He had learned to cope with the brat for Minho’s sake. Jonghyun didn’t understand what Minho saw in the redhead. He knew Taemin didn’t love Minho. Time and time again Jonghyun tried to warn his friend but Minho being the naïve dongsaeng he was refused to listen.  

 

“Babe, calm down.” Minho said grabbing hold of the maknae trying to calm him. “It was just harmless fun. It’s not like I’ve never gotten detention before?”

 

“Detention?! You could be suspended!!”

 

Minho hadn’t thought of that, but it was too late now. He only shrugged. “He offered. I figured why not?”

 

“So every time he offers something you’re just gonna do it?! What about when I tell you to do things?! Why don’t you listen to me?!”

 

Minho stayed silent. There was no way he could explain how much he cared and loved Jonghyun that he would do anything for him. Even if he tried there was no way Taemin could understand.

 

“Maybe you should date him then!” Taemin growled stomping off.

 

Jonghyun and Minho were left alone in awkward silence stealing glances at each other. “Nah,” the both laughed it off awkwardly.

 

Never knowing that both were fighting the exact same feeling.

 

 

ᘛᘚ

 

 

 

Jonghyun insisted he go first. All Minho could do was awaited his fate outside the room. 10 minutes felt like an eternity but it was soon over and the door swung open.

 

“How’d it go?” Minho asked standing up as Jonghyun walked towards him.

 

“Eh, we’ve had worse for less.”

 

“What’s our punishment?”

 

“Choi Minho!” Mr. Kim called from his office.

 

“You’ll see,” Jonghyun winked. “Have fun.” He singsong patting his friends back and taking his leave.

 

Minho walked into the familiar office. Being friends with Jonghyun meant visiting this office so many times it became your second home. Minho took a seat in front of the desk and waited to face the same consequences as his friend.

 

Mr. Kim leaned into his chair and sighed deeply. He looked Minho up and down. “3 days of detention.”

 

Minho nodded before realizing what Mr. Kim had said. “Wait! What?” Minho asked. “Not that I’m not grateful for not the harsh punishment, sir, but…why?”

 

“Jonghyun explained to me how it was his fault. I suspended him for a week. You’re only in trouble for skipping class.”

 

Minho bowed and ran out of the office.

 

“Yah, Jonghyun!” Minho said as he caught up to his friend who was already at the school gates.  “Why did you do that?

 

“Do what?”

 

“Don’t play with me. Why did you take all the blame?”

 

Jonghyun only shrugged. “I know how bad you’d get in trouble at home and besides I couldn’t let you get in trouble for something I talked you into.”

 

“But-”

 

“It’s done,” Jonghyun smiled. “Don’t worry about it.” He readjusted his shoulder bag and playfully punched Minho’s arm. “I’ll see you next week.”

 

M a l k o m ’ s  N o t e
Sorry for the long wait, lovelies~
I’ve been kinda busy with school and just haven’t been in the mood to write but that feeling comes and goes ^^
Ya’ll excited for our boys’ comeback?! :DDD

 

Attention all roleplayers!
This is an ad for my friend!
She started a new rp so those that are interested check out the link below!
Come out and have fun! :DD
http://last-dynasty.livejournal.com/