You Again

You Again

 

After Minho left for college he and Jonghyun would text and talk on the phone every day, but after the first year the calls became less and less frequent. Minho became a lot busier with school.

 

While Minho was busy finding the money to pay for classes and socializing with people that guaranteed him a job in the law firms, Jonghyun was busy finding money to eat and making friends with the police that would arrest him every other day.

 

Then one day they just stopped talking. Minho lost Jonghyun’s number and Jonghyun lost his cell phone.

 

Minho, being a genius that he was, managed to finish his schooling faster than most. He got the opportunity to go back home. One day he accidently bumped into someone he that he’d never see again. Taemin. They picked up where they had left off in their relationship. Soon they moved in together in a small apartment in the city.

 

5 years later

 

“Mm, good morning,” Taemin cooed as he brushed Minho’s bang out of his face.

 

“Good morning to you,” Minho smiled. “What time is it?”

Taemin leaned in and pecked his boyfriend’s lips before answering. “9:15,” he whispered.

 

Minho kissed back before Taemin’s words sunk in. “!” the older boy cursed jumping out of bed. He was late. Again. Today wasn’t any other day. It was the day Minho’s boss would announce which intern got the job.

 

“Mr. Lee is going to fire me!” He said as he ran around his apartment looking for clean clothes. Minho hated the weekends. Whenever he did get to sit back and enjoy them he would forget all responsibilities and having a hot boyfriend around like Taemin to senseless whenever he let his guard down wasn’t any help either.

 

After managing to find a clean white shirt to match his suit, Minho brushed his hair and teeth. He grabbed the pile of papers he was supposed to review but didn’t because Taemin insisted he do them later, and threw them into a black leather brief case. He shoved his feet into his black shoes that to this day he hated wearing, didn’t bother tying them and headed towards the door.

 

“Later, babe!” Taemin called out from bed as the taller male struggled to put on his coat.

 

“I’ll be home by dinner!” Minho called out as he stumbled out of the apartment.

 

“Promise?!”

 

Minho came running back to kiss him. “Mm, promise,” he smiled sending shivers down Taemin’s spine.

 

Taemin waited for the front door to close before getting out of bed and running to the window where a familiar figure was already waiting. He grunted as he fought to open it with Kai’s help.

 

“I missed you.” Kai said leaning into the open window as he placed a heated kiss on Taemin’s plump lips.

“Of course you did.” Taemin replied as he s his arms around Kai’s neck helping him inside. Once in the apartment Kai wasted no time getting his own clothes off as Taemin pulled him back towards the bed.

 

---

 

Minho adjusted his tie as he walked up the stair to the law firm where he worked. Since high school he had been preparing for this but he never thought he would actually end up in a place like this and it wasn’t even a job to be honest. He was an intern.


However that didn’t seem to discourage him. It was a part of growing up. He believed that if he worked hard enough and with a little luck he would land the job of his parents’ dreams.

He reaching the top of the stairs he looked up at the tall building and took a deep breath. It was hard enough coming here every day practically being someone’s without getting paid, and if he did land this job, what then?

“Good morning,” An almost too happy voice greeted.

 

“Good morning,” Minho replied without thinking twice. He looked up for a split second to make sure he didn’t walk into the door frame and smiled at the doorman before looking back down again. He was too busy looking in his brief case wondering if he had grabbed the right stack of papers.

 

Minho smiled to himself when he realized how nostalgic that voice sounded. He suddenly stopped for a moment as a thought ran across his mind. He visualized someone he hadn’t thought about in a long time.

 

No, it can’t be…can it?

Minho turned back to the door, but the doorman was nowhere in sight. He could’ve sworn he just saw-

 

“There he is!” A voice spoke up making Minho jump a little. It was his boss.

“Good morning, Mr. Lee,” Minho bowed quickly becoming nervous.

 

“Yah, I told you call me Onew.”

I’d rather not.

 

“Ready for that meeting today, kiddo,” Onew smiled patting Minho’s back.

“Of course, sir, erm- Onew,” Minho lied forcing a smiling trying to keep calm. There was no way in hell he was ready for the presentation.

 

my thumb drive. Minho thought as he remembered on his laptop at home.

 

“Coming, Minho?” Onew called out of the elevator. He was talking to the law firm partners and didn’t notice Minho has stayed behind.

 

“N-ne,” Minho smiled again. He turned back to the door he had walked in just a moment before, but simply shrugged off the weird feeling and turned back to head towards the elevator.

---

 

Minho sighed, loosening his tie a bit as he walked out of the conference room. He still couldn’t believe he managed to bull a whole presentation, but apparently he had done a good job since he managed to sign on other partners to the firm.

 

“Great job everyone! Especially you, Minho,” Onew said. “Come by my office later. We need to talk.”

 

Minho pressed his back against the wall by the water cooler and sighed. He smiled to himself. Maybe he could do this for a living. “Minho?” a voice said causing the tall male to look up. Minho’s eye widened.

“Jonghyun? Oh my god!” Minho exasperated as he made his way to the now much shorter figure.

 

“Hey, catch you guys later,” Jonghyun said to the person standing next to him who just gave him a weird look.

 

Jonghyun was pulled into an embrace and didn’t hesitate to hug back. Minho didn’t care who saw it was Jonghyun. His Jonghyun. His best friend.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jonghyun asked pulling away to get a better look at his long lost friend.

“I’m an intern here! What are you doing here?”

“I’m just here with some coworkers. Working a case or something,” Jonghyun shrugged smiling. Minho laughed. He hadn’t changed a bit. It was so like him to not know what was going on.
 

How badly Minho wanted to jump on his hyung and wrestle him to the ground like how he didn’t when they were kids. How badly he just wanted to hold him and tell him how much he missed him, but they were grown up now. And a law office was neither the time nor place to do it.

 

“Oh my god! Minho said again. “I still can’t believe it’s you! Out of all places I find you here! Wait…coworkers. Are you a lawyer too?”

 

“More or less. You’re not the only one that’s smart, ya know?” Jonghyun chuckled.

 

“Whatever happened to ‘ college’?” Minho asked remembering how much Jonghyun was against school.

 

“People change.” Jonghyun shrugged. “Yah, we should grab a drink and catch up.” He offered with a smile. That smile that, to this day made Minho melt. “I have a meeting to get to right now, but maybe later?”

 

“I’ll call you.” Minho promised. "It was good seeing you again."

 

"You too," Jonghyun agreed.

 

With that they exchanged numbers and hugged again before saying bye. Minho disappeared into Onew’s office.

---

Jonghyun was washing his hands in the bathroom when he ran into the same person he had spoken to in the lobby.

 

“Hi,” Jonghyun smiled.

 

“Who are you?” the person asked never seeing Jonghyun before.

---

 

Still excited about seeing his best friend Minho couldn’t wait to get home and call him. He knocked on Onew’s door before stepping inside. “You wanted to talk to me?”

 

Onew was standing by his desk. “Yes, Minho. Please come in.”

 

Minho did as he was told. Onew poured himself a cup of scotched and offered it to Minho, who politely declined. Onew motioned for Minho to sit and it was then the Minho knew something was wrong.

 

“I’m extremely happy with you today. You’re just an intern and you’ve shown you have a lot of potential in this work field.”

 

Cut the bull.

 

“Having said that however,” Onew sighed.

 

“What is it?” Minho asked already knowing what his boss was going to say.

 

“I’m sorry, Minho, but I can’t give you the job.”

Malkom’s Note
I am aware that becoming a lawyer takes a lot of schooling but
Minho’s smart so he got done faster :P
..cuz I say so. ^^
and yes if you didn’t catch it Tae’s cheating on him
…cuz Taemin’s an in this story >:3