It's Written on The Wind, It's Everywhere I Go

The World Through Your Eyes

January 26th, 2019 - 9:30 AM [Saturday, Canteen of Seoul National University Hospital] 

Two weeks have passed since Jinsoul asked you out on a date, and tomorrow which is the 27th, is the day where these promises meet. LOONA's schedule is to be jam-packed in the few coming months, with February and March as the eve of it, whilst April will be a momentary rest before May and June will double down on it. Better this early now, when the winds are still blowing and making itself present as it is, before the storm that comes along. Weirdly enough, even if Jinsoul asked for your number, and she put hers on yours - you two barely talk and exchange any kind of conversations, but in person she would always entertain you and approach you. An even stranger bit is that in the two weeks that passed, Heejin was acting colder towards you, especially if you and Jinsoul are seen together. LOONA's concert is next month February, and along with that is the release of LOONA's new album which was highly anticipated by the fans - meaning big preparations have been going on since last year, and surely this will be a busy period of time. 

Returning from the background, you found yourself staring at your breakfast, whilst sat inside the canteen. A breakfast consisting of a single Banana and a carton of milk. Unfortunately, the time has passed for the description as well, when all that was left for you was the carton of milk when Madeleine swooped in and takes one of the pairing. 

"Hey, guy. What's up? You seem to be rolling in the deep with those thoughts." Madeleine engages as she peels the banana.

"Morning, Maddie. Two things: First - you owe me a banana. Second, I'm just a little nervous with my date tomorrow..." You confessed.

"I'd be nervous too if I was you. Imagine, going out on a date with a KPOP idol." She replied.

"Something has been bothering me though ... Apart from that date, I mean. These past few days Heejin has been a little distant."

"Distant how? Does she look irritated everytime you're around? That's very unlucky since you have to be around her for a few more months." Madeleine starts dissecting.

"No, she's not looking displeased when I'm around - quite the opposite actually! It's just sometimes I don't know why, she just transforms her emotions and the day just dissolves." You continued. 

"She particularly acting this way when you're around your date?" Madeleine asked.

".... Now that you mention it .... She does ..." You realised.

"You're a total idiot, dude. Heejin's in love with you." Madeleine brings to your attention. 

Your eyes widen, and you adjust your glasses sloppily. You blinked excessively, and looked around the room to direct your attention away from the discussion. 

"You're clearly mistaken, Maddie! That's not true! I mean ... Jeon Heejin is a wonderful girl ... but-" You tried to stall before Madeleine cut you off.

"-But! You're in love with her too! You are, aren't you?!" Madeleine catches on. 

Like caught in the act, you couldn't respond in time. Cat got your tongue, and soon the overflowing teasing of Madeleine befalls on you. The canteen was only occupied by a few people having their breakfast, and the canteen staff, so Madeleine was free to tease you all she wants as long as she doesn't raise her voice to call the other's repirmands. A good solid minute or two just goes on with you digging your face on the palms of your hands as Madeleine exhausts all the options she has to vex you about your feelings. 

"Look, I'm sorry for laughing, but I did not expect you to Florence Nigthingale Effect your at all! You've proven me wrong once again!" Madeleine jokes for the last time. 

Completely flushed from the looks of the other people in the room, and from the apparent reality of what the situation was, you stood up from your seat and tried to gather your items to walk out on Madeleine's barrage. 

"I'll see you in class, Maddie." You said in a low tone. 

"Okay okay! Hold on! No more joking!" Madeleine stops you by embracing you and then letting go. 

"I swear if one more quip comes out of your trap, I'm changing locks at my dorm." You jokingly threatened. 

"I never needed a key anyway, I can always go through the window by the fire escape. But, look - if you have feelings for Heejin, I think you should let her know, and you should let Jinsoul know. Be fair to the two of them, before you go any farther with Jinsoul on these dates, and before you dive any deeper with your fancy for Heejin." Madeleine advises. 

Above the rubbish that Madeleine has said this morning, that was pretty sensible, and you agreed with her right on the spot. It was the best way to go about it, so no lies would have to develop, or anything else more than what anyone might expect from you. Still, it was going to be a tough run, you didn't want to hurt any of them, but that seems to be the imminent case when you're going to date a girl which blatantly spells out she's interested in you, yet you've fallen for her friend. You patted Madeleine's head and sat back down on your previous seat. Madeleine finally consumes a piece of that banana she claimed, and now the morning has officially begun.

You took a sip of that milk, and you drift away once again to your imagination on how later tonight will play out. Tomorrow is the date with Jinsoul, and it was to be sprawled with fun in Everland Amusement Park. Jinsoul grew up in Seoul, and it was safe to assume that every kid in their youth had gone to Gyeonggi-do at least once for the amusement park in Yongin, but she never grew tired of that attraction. On the contrary to Heejin who grew up in Gyeonggi-do but never got to visit Everland Amusement Park once - it was an ironic state of substantiality. The thought of Heejin growing restless with supposed jealousy, entangled with your vagueness equates to a disastrous outcome for everyone. You decided tonight when you visit the LOONA dorm for Heejin's monitoring, you're gonna talk to Jinsoul about it, and in time Heejin will follow - a pace at a time to what one can handle. 

10:00 PM [Somewhere in Gangnam] 

Walking down the undisclosed district, you've become familiar with the surrounding establishments the vicinity has for the masses. The block next to the corner street of the LOONA dorm has a convenient store that operates 24/7, commonly housing office workers that spend their time knocking back snacks of ramyeon during their supposed break. At the same street of the said dorm, is a little tteokbokki restaurant of sorts, more like a stall due to its size, but they are still a big hit with the locals. Passing by, you saw a familiar face standing in front of the eatery, grabbing a night snack. It was Yves, but you always referred to her by her real name - Ha Sooyoung.

b00a3024dbd0d26e7822dd8a356cd733.jpg

Notably, it was amazing how Sooyoung was outside at night wearing thin clothing at 11 c (51.8 f). You were wearing the usual combo of an overcoat and a scarf, and you would still shiver from time to time. Before proceeding to the dorm, you swung by Sooyoung's to exchange greetings and have a small talk. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Sooyoung-ssi." You opened with a bow. 

"잘 있었어?" Sooyoung replied.

"Jal jinaesseumnida. I'm just here for the usual, will check up on Heejin and then I'll be going." You informed.

"I know, you've been taking really good care of our Heejin. 고마워요 ." 

"No need to thank me, Sooyoung-ssi. It's my job to take care of Heejin, I'm definitely happy to look after her." You were flattered. 

"Is falling in love with her a part of the job too?" A voice comes crashing in from behind you.

You turned around to see that Yves was not alone on snacking at this hour, she was with a member, and a very good friend - Vivi

9633f8fa2ac08c5755b54ece4cfa0ea7.jpg

You referred to Vivi by her English name, Vivian. At first you were amused by the fact her stage name was a derivative of her English name. She joins in the conversation, coming back from the neighbouring store for buying beverages for her and Yves to enjoy along with the tteokbokki. You greeted with a bow, so did Vivi, and the conversation continues. 

"Vivian-ssi, I thought that was going to be our little secret?!" You disappointedly remarked. 

"It's not really a secret when most of the members know. We all know, even Jinsoul. But, for some reason, Heejin doesn't." Vivi explains. 

"When did everyone start figuring it out?" You asked with a low tone. 

"About a week ago, that one time you went to BBC to check up on Heejin. We saw the way you look at her, your eyes can never lie." Vivi expresses. 

"Don't I seem a little rude for agreeing to go on a date with Jinsoul, but in reality I like her friend instead of her?" 

"괜찮아요, it can't be helped. We fall for people who we connect with. It was expected, since you spend almost everyday with Heejin. We can't blame you for being human." Sooyoung sympathises. 

"I'll have to tell Jinsoul the truth. I'm just wishing I won't hurt her, but that seems rather impossible." 

Vivi and Yves looked at each other with great grins on their faces. They continued with their munching, and just signalled you to go on ahead to the dorm, and carry on with your main purposes for the night. You were confused to what were their reactions were al about, but in the back of your mind, there's no more room for stalling - it was time to monitor Heejin, and confront Jinsoul about your truth. 
You bowed to the two ladies, and turned around to head to the dorm. Whilst walking up the stairs, you were ing your overcoat, and taking off your scarf to place around your shoulders. Once at the door, you knocked, and like usual - Haseul was there to answer. 

10:10 PM 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Haseul-ssi! How are you?" You initiated. 

"I'm fine! Please come in. Heejin is at the sofa." Haseul directs. 

You took off your shoes at the doorstep like you always do, and then proceeded inside to meet Heejin. Like stated, Heejin was at the living room area of the dorm, waiting patiently for your arrival. Upon entering in, you see Heejin a wee bit sleepy. Granted that the entire group is endlessly preparing and practising for their upcoming concert and album release, you can particularly recognise Heejin's strive. Heejin was starting to doze off, and you've become unsure whether to make your presence be known, or just quietly proceed. 

This contemplation comes to a halt when Choerry comes out of the inner dorm and greets you loudly with a hello - promptly waking Heejin up and turning her attention towards you. 

7e45111e88cf3383987e3d6ef595e1f4.jpg

For Choerry, you refer to her stage name, because you found it more adorable to call her that than her real name - Choi Yerim

"Hi, Choerry. How are you?" You reciprocated. 

"I'm okay!" Choerry replies witha big smile on her face. 

"Great! So ... Hi, Heejin-ssi. Sorry to disturb you. I'll make this quick as I can so you can go back inside and head to sleep." You turned your attention to the now attentive Heejin. 

"No! I'm okay!" Heejin springs up from the couch. 

This startled you and made you instinctively rise up your hands and place them on Heejin's shoulders. You and Heejin meet each other's eyes, looking directly, feeling all sorts of emotions in your stomachs. You can visibly see Heejin's lips tremble, and you're sure that Heejin can feel your hands shake all over her shoulders. You let go once you realised your hands were uncontrollable, and you bowed to apologise. Heejin nods her head and sits back down on the couch. Without words, you dismounted your bag from your shoulder and started gathering the needed instruments for the usual monitoring. 

Choerry, who was a witness to all of this, remains silent and continues wearing that smile she had, only now she was biting her lip from the little interaction you had with Heejin, causing her to feel a little romantic herself. But before she forgets why she truly went out her room, Haseul joins her side and opens the topic for your acknowledgement. 

"Jinsoul is sick." Choerry says. 

"What? She's sick?" Your attention gets diverted to Choerry and Haseul. 

"She wasn't feeling well during practice. We took her temperature before you got here." Haseul elucidates, and hands over a thermometer. 

"38.2 c ... Is she okay?" 

"Her doctor advised her to get full rest tomorrow. You're gonna have to reschedule that date." Haseul responds. 

"Is she still awake? Can I talk to her? I need to tell her something." You said and tried to walk up to Haseul, but Heejin pulled your hand to stop you. 

You looked back, and you can feel the tension between you and Heejin. A rush of cold blood climbs on your spine upwards to your head, and this made you return to Heejin's aide, completing the setup for the monitoring. Same procedure like last time, Pulse Oximetry Device on her finger, and auscultation. You could hear Heejin's heart beat so rapidly, and the gadget itself was translating this through its display. You looked at Heejin and you can tell her cheeks were turning red, but if only she can put on that stethoscope and hear your heart beat rapidly for her as well. Auscultation done, it was time to remove the gadget from Heejin's finger, so you reached out your hand for hers, and she held yours. Your heart could not contain itself anymore, and your started hyperventilating along with your heart trying to pump out of your chest - it was a moment of weakness. 

Trying to regain composure, you quickly took off the gadget from Heejin's finger and tossed it in your bag. 

"Are you not gonna take down my readings?" Heejin asked shyly. 

"Oh ... damn! Stupid me! I forgot to!" You thought to yourself.

"Yeah, I will! I have a photographic memory. I could just write it down later, no worries." You replied. 

"Anyway - Jinsoul is alseep now. Like I said, you should reschedule your date." Haseul repeats. 

"Well that's a little bit of a problem, we already bought the tickets for tomorrow - we can't get a refund or go another day." You reasoned. 

"I guess you'll just have to find someone else who will go with you." Haseul suggests with a smirk on her face. 

Out of nowhere, Yeojin pops out from the inner dorm and shouts "나!", but she was quickly shoved away by Choerry back into her room. A moment of comedic relief gives a strain on your concept of thought, and so it all connects. Heejin was feeling the same way you felt for her, she just doesn't want to admit it. So, her members created an intricate plot to setup a 'date' between you and Jinsoul, only to be sacked at the last minute, and since the ticket was to be wasted - it was better for someone else to take Jinsoul's place. 

You pulled Haseul out from the living room to the more secluded and private receiving room by the doorstep to talk to her about the sudden realisation. 

10:25 PM 

"Why this? Why create such a complicated and messy plan just to make it in the end that Heejin and I would go out on a sudden date?" 

"Because she will never admit her feelings for you. Why do you think the first day you went here, Heejin was tense and quiet? She was nervous around you. The moment she came back to the dorm from her first visit to the doctor's, she talked about you. She was very in love." Haseul reveals. 

"Does Jinsoul know I feel the same way for Heejin?" You asked.

"We all do. Except for Heejin, who has done nothing but deny the obvious. Still, our plan can always fail, you can ask any other member to go with you to Everland. Up to you now." Haseul answered. 

"Will Heejin even say yes to me?" 

"How about we find out?" Haseul asks in return with a grin. 

You and Haseul returned to the living room, rejoining Choerry and Heejin who has been waiting for you and Haseul to finish your little chat. Haseul returns to Choerry's side, and you approached Heejin. 

"Heejin-ssi ... Since Haseul said it's best I ask someone else to go with me to Everland ... And I know you haven't been there ... Would you like to go with me there tomorrow?" You asked. 

You can see the visible uncertainty from Heejin's eyes, like a part of her wants to say yes, but at the same time she doesn't. Haseul and Choerry stood still in silence, waiting for Heejin's answer like you were. A minute that went by that seemed like forever, and you could feel a few drops of sweat drip down from your nape to your back, in the great suspense of waiting for Heejin's reply. Heejin stops the suffering for you three when she nodded her head in yes, with a restrained smile on her face. You, Choerry, and Haseul took deep breaths, and all looked at each other with happiness. 

"All right! I'll pick you up at 9 then. It's going to be an hour of travel time from here to Yongin. Thank you, Heejin-ssi, I'll see you tomorrow then. Jaljayo." You said before leaving. 

Haseul accompanies you to the door, as Heejin goes back in her room, never showing any sort of excitement or emotion, keeping herself myserious. Before leaving, Haseul wanted to say a few words, though both of you are in good faith, sharing the same reason for the grin. 

"LOONA trusts you with Heejin, that's why we agreed for this. But, I hope you don't break that trust." Haseul reminds. 

"Thank you, Haseul-ssi. There's no need to worry, I swear." You said as you gave her a quick embrace. 

Haseul embraces back and then she bows you a goodnight, so you did to her. You couldn't remove that smile off your face from all the way downstairs, to the outside street, to the bus stop, all the time in the bus ride, and in your dorm. It was like a dream come true, to good to be reality. The time was now 11:00 PM, and you're frantically digging through your closet, looking for clothes to wear for your date tomorrow with Heejin. Being apathetic to Madeleine's current being, you phoned her to help you pick out the clothes to wear for tomorrow - and it shows that Madeleine was quite pissed because she was already asleep at her place, then you bothered her for a phone call. The night has just begun for you, and it's going to be spent on choosing clothes and planning out how tomorrow will go, and though Madeleine is happy for you, she is not pleased for being disturbed, as countless profanities get thrown your way over the phone for your childishness. 

January 27th, 2019 - 10:10 AM [Sunday, Everland Amusement Park Resort, Gyeonggi]

The bus ride was nothing of significance, it was mostly just a ride for an hour with you and Heejin stealing glances from each other, or chatting about certain topics that come in mind. As much as you wanted to not lose sleep last night from overthinking the scenarios in your head, you still failed to do so, on top of your selection of garments - you're just hoping that Heejin doesn't notice your overcalculation and caprice. Now, in line for the entrance of the just opened park, you can't help but stare at Heejin's beauty. 

Image

Waiting in line, passing time by looking around, snapping photographs to commemorate the day, and avoiding the overflowing emotions that were already present just from this very minute. Heejin would try to look at you, but then you'd look away, making it awkward. None of it was seeming to work for either of you, maybe you both feel comfortable wasting time like this because you both knew the day was to be cherished with each other so it wouldn't ultimately matter in the end. Now that the line was through, you've both dispensed your ticket for entrance, the park is now open for you and Heejin to explore together. Remembering that neither of you two have a clue on what the amusement park had, it was time to just walk around and see how it goes along the way, and maybe the park map would help. 

Seeing a directory up ahead, you went on ahead to see what was the park all about. You left Heejin wondering and looking about, and when you turned around, Heejin realises you went ahead so she followed after you, but the view couldn't honestly get any better.

Image

"Heejin-ssi, look at this. So, this is where we are, and these are where the adult rides are at the northern side of the park. Do you want to keep strolling around first for now? Maybe grab a snack, then we'll go for the rides later on?" 

See the source image

"Yeah, let's just keep walking around. Maybe have a snack." Heejin agrees with the latter suggestion. 

"All right then, lead the way. We'll get whatever food you want." You said to Heejin. 

Heejin looked genuinely joyful that it was time for eating, like any person would be that finds comfort in food. Heejin reached out her hand and held yours before moving forward to lead the way. It was like time slowed down, and you could only perceive the movement of Heejin's body, everything else was blurry. Automatically, your body started walking with the same pace as Heejin's, and even if you tried your best to meet Heejin's eyes, she couldn't stay to look your way, and she'd always turn away, but the smile on her face always shows. 

Marching through the decorations and vibes the park wanted to give off, you and Heejin find yourselves in front of one of the food stalls at the great middle. It was a food stall that mainly catered for the children, purveying sweets, junk food, and other kinds of viand a kid may want to ask their parents to buy for them. Heejin disconnects her hand from yours, and approaches the stall whilst searching through her bag for money. Looking around the area, you saw one of the park staff handing out flyers for an event. You approached the worker who happily greets you, and hands over what she was all for. It was a flyer saying that the long awaited new pier will be opened today at 5 PM before sunset. The pier will be opened for the parkgoers to enjoy with new food stalls, gift stores, and a scenic view of the Han River. 

This sprouted an idea in your head that you should take Heejin there around sunset time, and confess to her the truth about what you feel. You bowed to thank the park worker, and she returned to handing out the flyers to the other parkgoers. Going back to Heejin, she was waiting for you to return to the food stall, and she surprises you with her choice of treat. 

Heejin_39.png 

"Wow, Heejin-ssi ... Daebak ... That's a big cotton candy!" You exclaimed. 

"All for me~" Heejin teases you. 

"I don't mind." You replied with a teasing tone. 

You and Heejin share a laugh, and before you knew it, you were both holding hands again. This time, Heejin was dependent on you on where to take her from there. It was your turn to lead and you thought that since Heejin was nibbling on her sweet, you two should go sit down somewhere for a while, and wait until it was the appropriate time to tackle the rides. You thought of doing a few carnival games whilst Heejin is hanging around, so you took her to the bench at the neabry ring toss. You went for a minute to buy a token from the booth, and when you returned, you challenged the game. 

"Okay, sir! To win is easy! Just make sure all three rings will go on the same bottle." The game curator announced. 

To your horror, the thought of the game being easy was wiped away when the bloke flicked a switch and the bottles started moving around the table at a moderate pace. At first you thought you still had a chance on this since you could just study the patterns of the bottle on where they take turns or move to, but to your disappointment when you learned it was random. It was boiled down to a game of luck, and hopefully luck was on your side, so you can at least give Heejin a stuffed toy won from your first date. 

You threw the first ring and it went inside a bottle, you threw the second ring, and it went inside the same bottle. Your confidence was skyrocketing, and with just enough concentration and precision, you can get the last ring in at the same bottle. When you thought that the trial was almost over, the curator had one more trick up his sleeve - he flicked another switch and the speed of the bottles doubled. From the top of the world, now your anxiety has replaced that level. At this juncture, you've accepted the fact you're not going to win this one. It would take a miracle for this last hoop to make it inside the same bottle the first two has occupied - or so you thought...

Suddenly, the booth's power went out, and the contraption stopped working. You and the curator both got startled and bewildred from what happened. Thinking on your feet, you quickly tossed the ring at the still bottle, and it went inside. You started celebrating, and the staff member couldn't do anything but scratch his head in awe. It was never stated that the game would be null and void in the event of any technical malfunction, so it was a legal and valid win. The curator asked you what stuffed toy you wanted to claim as a prize, and you chose the bunny. 

Walking back to the supposed bench where Heejin was, she wasn't where you left her, and she emerges from the back of the ring toss booth, sneaking away from the staff member. She sees you watching her all this time, and when she approached you, she wore that smirk on her face like she was the real winner. 

"I'm guessing this 토끼 is for me?" Heejin jests. 

"I can't believe you did that. You are such a slimey little devil!" You replied whilst handing over the stuffed toy. 

"고마워, now I have someone who can share my cotton candy with me." Heejin responds before sticking her tongue out. 

She was absolutely adorable, and when you thought she couldn't steal your heart all over again, you've been proven wrong. 
Heejin sat down on the bench again, resuming her snacking, now with a new found friend on the stuffed toy. You sat beside her, and you both just smiled at each other, more than you both exchanged words. It was a sort of romantic concept where you don't need to say a lot with someone, when the silence and emotions speak for the both of you. Whilst waiting for Heejin, you borrowed her camera and snapped a few photos of her, and the place. You took dozens of photos, and Heejin enjoyed being like a pseudo-model for the day, having her pictures taken and just posing to what she pleased as opposed from the shoots she has become acquainted to.

11:00 AM

Almost an hour passing by, Heejin was finally through with her snacking, and she's regained the enough rest for her to start enjoying the park. Unfortunately, it was to be high noon soon, and with the erected sun during the hour, it will be a little hurtful to go do the rides. So the rides would have to be deferred until later afternoon, and the best activity to do at the moment is to continue strolling around. This time around, you reached out your hand, and Heejin held yours. You were both becoming casual with each other, as casual as two lovers could be. Walking around the park, whilst Heejin was snuggling her new stuffed toy, and with her hand holding yours - she was an angel. 

Even if you and Heejin were waiting for later to enjoy the rides, the amusement park had tons of attractions not only limited to the amusement park's main appeal. Some parts of the park had automated bubble machines that you could stand at the designated spot to be encased in a bubble. Some parts of the park are for the children, where an enormous playground can be found, and it was almost like Heejin was wanting to join some of the children at the slides. This left a great chuckle on your part as Heejin hits your shoulder over and over again for laughing at her cuteness. It dawned to your imagination that Heejin who was already a grown lady at this point, with her iconic low voice would be going down the slides where some children are - it was a scene in your head that made you laugh over and over again, and made Heejin a little sheepish but defensive. 

Noontime comes and passes, around 2 PM to 4 PM you were lining up and enjoying the rollercoasters and ferris wheel, next thing you both knew it was already 5 PM, and the park's PA system broadcasts the opening of the new pier. Heejin was indifferent from it, but you of course had to steer her there to fulfill your plan.

"Heejin-ah, let's go to that newly opened pier! There might be something good there." You invited. 

"They didn't say there were any boat rides there, or anything at all. It must be just some boring pier with a few food stalls. Let's go to the American Adventure side instead!" Heejin proposes. 

"Oh okay! But, honestly, we really need to check that pier out. I have a friend there that runs a small tteokbokki business, he said he'll give us a free serving if we visit by." You fibbed. 

"I'm not really that hungry, and besides we're going to the pirate ship ride! It will make us dizzy, we might throw up if we eat some snacks..." Heejin reasons. 

"Good point! But I really really think we should go to the pier. I heard there was a game there that we could play that if we won, we can have an all-year pass to Everland." You tried to motivate. 

"진짜요? Okay! Let's go there!" Heejin shouts in excitement. 



To be continued...