The Fallout

Crimson Kiss

“What?” It was a good kiss. Wendy is mildly irritated why Irene has to stop and got that shocked look on her face.

That made Irene recovered from her shock. She looked at her intently and then said “let’s go” and she proceeded to stand up and get to the car.

 

======

 

Irene drove the car back to the dealership. The drive was short and hella quiet, awkward even. For Wendy, a lot of question was running on her mind, what does the kiss mean? Why did she stopped? Was it too bad?

Irene stopped the car to the dealership’s parking and turned to her. “Will you be okay to drive home on your own?” 

Wendy nodded still feeling confuse.

“Listen, about the kiss. It should not have happened. I’m sorry I took advantage of you. It was wrong and I should be the one to blame. Anyway, take care on your drive home. I’ll see you around” and just left her alone in the car. Wendy was confounded.

 

========

 

“Drink up” Her friend Joy shove another shot at her hand.

“Cheers” she smiled bitterly as she took the drink.

Joy is a good friend, when she showed up to her house and say that she wanted to drink she said Okay immediately then ask her if she’s okay. When she said she rather not talk about it she just shrugged and designated herself as driver and stick her one bottle of beer throughout the night.

 

“Joy don’t ever let anyone in, it will just leave you confuse and insecure as hell” Wendy said drunkenly as Joy assisted her to the passenger seat of her car.

“Yeah, yeah, rest now unnie okay?”  She put her seatbelt on friend who immediately slept and she drove her home.

When they arrived at the mansion. Wendy took a while to get her bearings. She tried to shake of her the remains of her drunken haze in case her parents is hanging out by the living room.

“Thank you for tonight Joy, I owe you, love you” she said her goodbyes to Joy.

Joy blew her a kiss and drove off.

Not two minutes later she received a text from Joy “Drink meds for your hangover and lots of fluid, I am just a call away if you need me”

Joy is like that, she takes pleasure when teasing her but she can always depend on her for anything. She is smiling as she enters their house as she reads the message.

“That was one long goodbye” Wendy was shocked seeing Irene standing on their living room.

“Irene!” ty hell, though she is not drunk as she was earlier she still have that buzz going on.

“Is that your girlfriend? How many of us are there exactly?” She asked seriously as she walked up to her

“Wait, what? That’s Joy, yes she is my girl friend. Emphasis on the space. I’m sorry, what are doing here again?”

“I’m not staying long, we haven’t spoken in while. I thought I dropped by to say hello.” She says as she lean in to Wendy. Before she knew it Irene is pressing her soft lips to her but it was gone before she could even react.

“I’m sorry for interrupting your evening, see you around” Irene continues with eyes penetrating her and then she is gone.

“What the hell was that?” She whispered silently, bewildered.

 

=========

 

It has been a couple of days when they last saw each other. Both kisses and a number of questions has been running around her mind. She finally decided that Irene and Her have to talk. She got to her car and drive to Irene’s penthouse.

She know her way around Irene’s building as there are a couple of times she drop her off during their driving practice and couple of times she offered coffee and she gladly accepted too.

She is standing by the door for a while as breathes deeply and proceed to ring the doorbell.

Irene opened the door, in her silk bathrobe with her bed hair. Even in that state she can’t help but notice how attractive Irene is. “Wendy?” Irene looks confuse of her presence.

“Hi Irene, I was hoping we could talk” she smiled to make light of the situation.

“Listen Wendy, now is not a good...”

“Irene? Who is there?” Irene was interrupted by one of the iest woman that Wendy have ever seen in her life coming out from Irene’s the bedroom. She got this cat like eyes and like Irene, is also wearing a silk bathrobe which does not hide her curves. Looking at her and then Irene she finally realize what is going on.

Her stomach recoiled and her heart thump. She was shocked. She was disappointed. It was a lot of things but most of all she felt hurt.

Why do you feel hurt? Clearly you mean nothing to Irene. 

She force a smile “I am clearly interrupting something, I should have thought you’ll be entertaining tonight.” In a flash she is in the elevator going down to the parking. She immediately got off the elevator and go to her car. But before she can close the door of her car, Irene is there holding the door. She clearly used her vampire abilities to keep up with her.

“Wait!” Irene says as she stand there still in her bathrobe barefoot.

“Wendy—I—“ she paused seeking something on her face she suppose they mirrored each other finally she sighs and let go “take care tonight okay?”

“Always. Good bye Irene” she nodded and she watch Irene retreated back to the lift.