The Arrival

Crimson Kiss

Wendy grits her teeth after seeing the person standing by the car. None other than Irene Bae herself, her father’s right hand woman. Although she slept most of the 11-hour flight from Canada to Korea. She suddenly felt tired. 

 

Right, I shouldn’t be affected. It has been four years. I’ve grown out of my feelings for her. Wendy breathed deeply and tried to keep her cool behind her sunglasses.

 

“What are you doing here? Where’s our driver?” She asked Irene coldly.

 

“I am the driver” answered Irene, not bothered by her lukewarm approach. “Come” said Irene as she takes the huge luggages from her hands.

 

While Irene is working on putting her things on the car trunk, Wendy simply studied Irene behind her dark glasses. Nothing has change, Irene still has the flawless cold beauty she used to admire when she is younger.She is making a good effort in blending in by using two hands in putting her luggages in the car trunk and doing it on a slow pace (well normal pace by human standard). You see, Irene is a 100-year old vampire sired by his step-father, Marcus Shon. She wonders what she even is doing here as Irene is working as a top executive on her father’s company. In the past, she used to be a general, then an enforcer who always allied with Marcus. She could easily flick a car with her fingers as vampires are super strong and super fast. But like humans, vampires are bounded by rules and law to hide their true nature to humans for their safety as they used to be hunted in the past. Irene is in her usual get up which is a black pantsuits and a white long sleeves under it. Wendy has never seen Irene not in this attire. If other person would be wearing it, it seems to be a boring outfit. But Irene looks cool wearing it. With her luscious hair and milky complexion she looked like a model rather than a corporate executive. Seeing as she is done loading her things in the car, Wendy went ahead and sat at the back seat.

 

=======

 

Irene kept herself from commenting on Wendy’s chosen seat. They were not exactly on a friendly term when they parted 4 years ago but the Wendy she used to know is a ball of sunshine who would not stop talking to her even if it’s her replies are short and curt. When she overheard Marcus talking to his secretary to make arrangements for Wendy’s arrival she does not know why she volunteered to pick her up, claiming she is free for the day when in fact she cancelled a number of meetings plus ignoring the pile of contracts she need to review. However she is unprepared on this new Wendy who seems rather distant. I’m not liking this at all.

 

Wendy is a cute kid growing up. She have seen her since she was 10yrs old. Marcus dotted on her like she is his own and legally adopted her when he married Wendy’s mother. That puts her on the protection of their coven. Technically a princess given that Marcus is the head of Asian coven. Glancing at the rear view mirror to a sleeping Wendy, Irene wondered where that cute kid has gone. She already lost those baby fats she hated, looks like the kid had been working out crazy too which is evident on the crop top she is wearing under her denim jacket. She wonders if Wendy has a boyfriend waiting for her back in Canada. Such thought does not sit well with Irene.

 

Wendy is jolted awake by sudden stopping of the car. Seeing as they are on a fast food drive thru, Wendy eyed Irene questioningly.

 

“I figured you must be hungry, you might want to grab a bite to eat” said Irene while looking at Wendy through the rear view mirror.

 

“Thanks, but no. Please take me home” Wendy said and she went back to her slouching position and eventually go back to sleep.

 

Polite and distant. No she does not like this Wendy at all.