chapter 1: in minju's defense

Girls Talk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At some point, Minju assumed that Yujin likes her. It was the summer before she became a freshman student. Minju locked herself in her room, brooding over the possibility that she might not be friends with Yuri and the others once school starts. A 16-year-old girl in the middle of her puberty has irrational thoughts like that once in a while. Minju was experiencing what they called summer blues. 

Sure, she could ask her friends if they still want her, but Minju dug a hole so deep, she forgot that eleven chaotic girls love her unconditionally. 

To feed her sadness, Minju read books, watch depressing movies, and just stared outside her window, waiting for someone to visit her and ask if she's doing okay. But two weeks had passed, and none of her friends did that. So Minju thought that it was the end of their wonderful friendship. 

Well, not until she saw Yujin in their dining room eating breakfast with her family. It was so sudden that Minju just stood and gaped at them. Yujin gave her iconic mischievous grin that is befitting of her personality. 

Yujin has always been there when Minju was feeling alone. 

xxx

Eunbi and Wonyoung tried their best not to get involved in Yuri and Minju's usual bickering. The two of them are constantly at each other's neck. UNPROVOKED. The two probably find it easier to fight each other because they're the same age and have been classmates since they were middle schoolers. It was cute at first to see them arguing like kids, but their friends got tired of their bickering eventually. 

" No, you don't understand! " Yuri stressed, rolling the sleeves of her P.E uniform as she walked closer to Minju. " Edward is the hottest character in Twilight. It makes sense that he is the one that Bella ends up with because he's the main character? I was hoping you wouldn't push your Team Jacob agenda on me, Minju. We've been over this since the 7th grade! " 

Minju run a hand on her hair. It was frustrating that Yuri never even acknowledged Jacob's existence in the whole trilogy. " You just don't get it, Yuri. Realistically speaking, would you instead go out on a date with a weird and quiet guy or a man who looks like he can give the warmest hugs in the whole world? " 

Yuri scoffed and lightly pushed Minju's shoulder. " Jacob is a dog! Edward is every girl's dream! " 

" Jacob is a werewolf! " Minju corrected Yuri. She wags her pointer finger. " And besides, guys like Edward probably do not know how to treat a girl right. " 

" Who do you think is better, Edward or Jacob? " Minju and Yuri asked in chorus. Wonyoung, who was busy checking her nails, diverted her attention from her hands to Tweedledee and Tweedledum. 

Wonyoung couldn't care less about her unnies stupid debate, but she had to make a stand. " Honestly, I think Edward and Jacob got nothing on Carlisle. " 

" Word. " Eunbi agreed to Wonyoung's statement. 

" Look, Edward is jobless and choso to blend in with teenagers when he's literally older than the titanic. " Wonyoung explained. " That's a red flag for me. " 

" Hey! " Yuri frowned. 

Wonyoung rolled her eyes and picked up the ball on the ground. " You asked for my opinion, and you're getting it, capisce? " 

Minju was snickering not until Yuri nudge her quite hard on her sides. 

" And Jacob looks like he doesn't take showers. The moment he appeared from the movie, I thought he was musty as hell. " 

Minju was baffled. " That's not true! " 

Eunbi could only shake her head in disbelief. Being the mom of the group got to be the hardest thing in the world. " I don't know why the two of you are popping veins over a movie that was released 13 years ago. " Eunbi then pointed at Yuri and Minju. " But the two of you are gay as hell, so your opinions don't matter. " 

" Can I not enjoy beautiful men? " Yuri replied. 

" You can. " Eunbi answered. " You could obsess over Edward after you and Minju learn how to play dodgeball. But, seriously, how did the two of you get an F for P. E? " 

" I panic when people throw the ball at me, unnie! " Minju complained. " I don't want to get hurt! " 

" I think dodgeball is stupid. " Yuri shrugged. 

Eunbi sighed deeply. " Even Wonyoung, who at sports, can do a better job

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter