Part 3 - Final

The moon of the two wolves

Hi! I'm dropping by to warn you that you might find spelling, grammar or similar errors, but that's because I'm not fluent in English, but I try my best to be able to write coherently. Please, if you find any errors, let me know and I will correct them. Have patience with me, please. THANK U

///

Jeongyeon and Nayeon's eyes dart to each other in alarm.

Yoo doesn't remember falling asleep. He just remembers eating his mother's food and then… She looks out the window, the moon shining down on the couple at their peak in the sky. It's been hours since after lunch.

The howling sound echoes through the sheriff's head, she wonders if this howl was the fruit of her dreams. She hopes so, almost believing in herself, until another howl breaks in the air again. Nayeon presses himself against Jeongyeon's body. There is no mistaking it. The Alpha of another pack is challenging her, as her wild ancestors did.

"It's Alpha. She wants me to fight him. Now ." The alpha sighs and looks through the window.

Nayeon nods stoically. "Yes I know." His words are thick, a wall built around them. Abruptly, she swings her legs over the edge and manages to get to her feet, wiping away any webs of exhaustion that remained in Jeongyeon.

"What are you doing?" The short-haired one stands up behind her wife.

"Well, we're going there, aren't we?" Nayeon asks, as if it's obvious.

" I will. You've been nine months pregnant with twins." Jeong emphasizes the beginning of the sentence with a different tone.

It's as if the pregnant woman didn't even hear. She grabs the truck keys from the counter, those timid steps of Nayeon putting a weight on Jeongyeon's stomach. 

"Yeowo-nim, please . I don't want you there for this."

Still, no response. Jeongyeon pulls her with the alpha power within her, begging her to stay. And instantly, Jeongyeon feels something break inside his chest, breaking behind his own heart.

"Drink?" Alpha calls out softly.

"I can't ."

The pregnant woman grabs the counter with her back to Jeongyeon, she is immobile as a stone. The alpha gently guides her to face him.

"Hey honey, what's up?" New tears shimmer as they roll down Nayeon's cheeks. "What was my love?"

"I can't do this alone."

The phrase makes Jeongyeon's head spin on its own.

"What?" Nayeon holds his wife's arms like an anchor.

"What if… what if this alpha wins the fight against you? If it were just me and the twins alone, I wouldn't be able to…" She swallows and continues. "I wouldn't be able to handle this. I don't want to have to deal with this.' Nayeon looks at the sheriff, "Not without you."

Jeongyeon's heart breaks to see his wife like this. She pulls her close letting her cry freely against her chest as she her hair with her fingers. Finally Jeongyeon looks her in the eye.

"First of all, he's not going to win. I can promise you that. He may be an alpha, but underneath it all he's just a super cocky puppy who just got his first win." Jeongyeon kisses your tears. "Tonight, he's leaving town. Trust me. I'll scare him enough to get him out of my turf and that's it."

Nayeon sniffled again, starting to place kisses on his wife's shoulders and neck. Jeongyeon continues, placing kisses on the pregnant woman's head.

"I won't hurt him, I hope he becomes a good and strong leader for his pack. But not in my territory." The rest of Nayeon softens as Jeong speaks, his voice restoring peace to the night.

"You are going to be such a good mother."

Heat surges up Jeongyeon's neck, settling into his cheeks, making them red.

"And you too."

Nayeon's grip on the sheriff's waist tightens. "You know there's no way I'm letting you go find him alone."

Eventually, Jeongyeon gives an unrelenting sigh.

"Yes. I know. You're too stubborn for that."

The pregnant woman gives all the strength Jeongyeon needs, she holds her tight as she boldly gazes into her alpha's eyes. They are unstoppable together, they both know it. They had already faced vampires, hunters and even other werewolves together, nothing could stop them as they stood side by side.

"Let's howl back. Show this kid what's coming for him."

Nayeon shows that smug, smug smile, the typical Im Nayeon smile.

"Let's go over there and show him ourselves." Jeongyeon suggests, kissing her head and looking towards the moon.

Nayeon's lips curve into a smile as she takes her wife's hand. There is no time to lose.

As they approach the lake, the alpha is already positioned in front, the rest of his pack several yards back, forming a half circle. 

"Well, you got my message. I wasn't sure you'd be brave enough to show your face." The young alpha wore a smug smile. Jeongyeon can't resist rolling his eyes.

"Make it quick, honey. The bowling alley is only open for another half hour. And I need mozzarella cheese sticks." Nayeon speaks disinterestedly, with an eye roll and a yawn. Jeongyeon smiles and waves at her before heading back to the troublesome pack.

"I'll give you one more chance." Jeongyeon sighs boredly. "If you leave now, I'll let you go. I'll even let you stay in the area of ​​the States that border ours."

Fierce heat radiated from the young alpha's body, he was shaking with adrenaline, rage radiating through his big body.

The boy's ego is too big, and Jeongyeon has already embarrassed him in front of his pack.

"Not a chance. I won't let you go that easy." Jeongyeon sighs again.

"Fine. So let's get this over with." She flexes her muscles and displays her wolfish smile.

The two shift, human ears fading and wolf ears surging on top of both alphas' heads. The canines grow rapidly, tearing Jeongyeon's lower lip, then healing soon after thanks to werewolf metabolism. Muscles stretch and flex. They watch each other's eyes flood a blazing gold. 

If the alpha were really dangerous, Jeong could completely change into wolf form, but that's not necessary.

The alpha male makes the first swing, Jeong dodging easily. She is able to hear Nayeon breathing behind her as she ducks under the menacing blow. She can also feel that the pregnant woman has transformed too, a sign of protection and concern for Jeong, she can hear Nayeon's tail sway from side to side. But anyway, there's nothing to worry about. 

He continues to deliver blows, but never hits his target. The alpha male fights well, clearly aware of his own strength and ability. But he doesn't have time to show off. Jeongyeon slaps his shoulder, hearing him howl in pain, the fresh scent of blood proving she left a cut on his skin. He might be fast, but not fast enough. In the next gap there is, she traps him. Lie on his back, the alpha male's hands clasped behind his back. Even with all the strength he has, it's not enough to get his body out from under Jeongyeon. 

Jeongyeon growls, baring his fangs, a sign of threat. He cranes his neck in submission, knowing that Jeong was the one who won.

"I hope you learn to be kinder to werewolves who offer assistance in the future." She gets up off him, putting her arms above her head and stretching, tail wagging rhythmically "Until then you must leave town."

She turns her back to let them out, proving she has nothing to fear. The alpha male lets out a deep growl, standing up and quickly approaching Jeongyeon.

"What the hell is that?!"

Before he can take another step, Jihyo and Tzuyu appear in a flash.

"Take more step, baby. I dare you." Tzuyu whispered menacingly, his mouth slightly open, his canines exposed and sharp. She was scary as hell. 

With the alpha male's pack standing as a support team and Jeongyeon's pack huddled together as a single force, Jeong watches the realization dawn in the alpha male's eyes. Their pack loyalty is no match for Nayeon and Jeongyeon.

He pauses, finally waking up from his smug stupor. His ears drop visibly, like a kicked dog.

"Let's retreat. We need to get out of here."

As the pack disappears, Tzuyu slowly follows in their footsteps.

"I'll follow them out. I'll make sure they're really gone for good." Jihyo pulls her by the hand and hugs her quickly.

"Be careful, please."

"Do not worry." Tzuyu pecks his lips quickly, a blush forming in Jihyo's ears. "I'll be back before you know it."

Then Tzuyu runs off, not needing to transform to follow the pack. Jihyo turns to Jeongyeon, who was more distracted than usual, she looks around and asks:

"Where's Nayeon?"

Turning around, Jeongyeon sees no sign of his wife, not even near the truck. She sniffs the air, relaxing when she finds her scent nearby.

"She's just taking a walk. Let's go over to her."

They spot her seconds later, hearing her silent complaints with every step Nayeon takes. 

When Jeongyeon catches up with her, she runs a hand gently down her back, kissing her temple tenderly. She's already in her human form again, apparently calmer now.

"Hey honey… good job… you kicked that stupid dog off our land."

"One look from Tzu and he castrated." Nayeon chuckled as Jeongyeon soothed her, the alpha's hand brushing her hair, perfectly reflected in the moonlight. 

The sheriff watches her wife closely, watching her moonlit face as their hearts beat in unison, four hearts beating perfectly together. Jeong will never understand how a person can be so beautiful. Nayeon runs his hands over the furry ears on top of his wife's head, feeling them fade as Jeong shifts back to his human form, his eyes returning to normal coloring as his tail disappears.

Jihyo, who had been there this whole time, cleared his throat.

"Well I'm going out. Who knows when you two will be alone for the next eighteen years?"

They watch Jihyo run into the forest, probably heading home. Nayeon offers his hand to the alpha.

"Want to keep walking? The fireflies are out…" The pregnant woman asked, her voice shaking a little. 

The sheriff could still feel a sense of fear through their bond, bringing her fear to the babies. Jeongyeon needs Nayeon to know they are safe. She will do anything to make your wife feel safe again.

The alpha takes Nayeon's hand in hers, instantly being overwhelmed by the warmth and caress of the loving bond between the two. 

"Of course I want." Jeongyeon says excitedly, like a dog that receives attention from its owner, if it still had its tail exposed it would surely be wagging.

The couple walks calmly, hand in hand, passing through branches and dry leaves on the ground, crushing mercilessly, as at the beginning of their relationship. They walk until there is no more sign of the moon to peer through the trees. The only source of light is the natural light the fireflies provide, passing gracefully through them like a sea of ​​shooting stars. 

And yet, Nayeon is only looking at Jeongyeon. And it's like they say: "not even the brightness of the most beautiful stars compares with the brightness of your eyes."

"What is on your mind?" The alpha holds both of the pregnant woman's hands, staring at the intense look Nayeon is giving her.

"About Us." Nayeon's typical smile graces his face, the combination of his bright smile and his intense gaze makes Jeong blush. She wonders if in another life she was a god's helper to be so lucky in this life. 

“If you told me years ago that I, Im Nayeon, would end up having babies with the hot sheriff, I would never believe that.” Nayeon continued his train of thought. "I didn't think someone like you would look for me."

The sheriff feels her cheeks blush under the night sky. Even after years, Nayeon still managed to embarrass Yoo.

"No, the other way around." Jeongyeon smiled shyly, fighting his heart for still not being able to contain his shyness when Nayeon makes statements like that. She continued after a pause. 'After you found out I was a werewolf, I thought you might be afraid of me or that I was too dangerous for you. I never thought you would ask me to bite you."

Nayeon laughs openly, his loud laugh ringing through the forest.

"You are easy to fall in love, Jeong." Nayeon blushed furiously, hiding his face in his hands. "Even in the beginning, it always felt like we fit so naturally…"

The alpha pulls her into his arms, Nayeon's voice is like music to her ears as she lingers against his neck, letting the wave of her scent wash over Jeongyeon's being. They pull away so Jeongyeon can take Nayeon's lips in a slow kiss, the taste of Nayeon against her lips is warm, the best comfort she could ever receive. 

Jeongyeon wishes that every second of that fleeting moment is etched in his memory. It's the last moment alone they'll have before the babies arrive. Jeong knows it is, somehow. Nothing will be the same after that. The alpha's eyes lift to stare at the pregnant woman, her skin glowing in the shards of light.

"Nayeon?"

The pregnant woman mumbles a 'yes' while absently looking at the little fireflies.

"We can drop that subject if you like, but…" Nayeon stares with bright, serious eyes. "'You still aren't thinking of names for the twins?'

The pregnant woman is silent, with only a pout on her face. She has words to say, but she isn't ready to let them slip off her tongue. Her fear hums through their bond, fear of the future, fear of the unspoken.

"It's okay. We don't need to rush-" Jeongyeon speaks quickly, waving his hands and gesturing helplessly.

"Once they have names...they will be their own people." She sighs, Jeongyeon takes her hand. "Not just my babies, safe and attached to me all the time."

The sheriff reassures her through her bond. 

"They will still be attached to you. Just in a different and less physically tiring way.'

Nayeon finally laughs.

"Still tiring." Nayeon speaks and Jeong agrees. There is no doubt about it

"But even if they become their own people and grow up, you will always be their mother." The pregnant woman nods, the couple's fingers intertwined. Nayeon sighs.

"I'll know what names to give them once they're born, not even a second before."

At that moment, they both know that their instinct is right.

"I agree. And we already have enough name ideas for our ideas to flow."

"Exactly, sweetie."

With that resolved, the couple enjoy their last few minutes alone, clinging to each other in the promised peace of the night.

Eventually, Nayeon pulls on his wife's hand.

"Okay. Let's get back to the truck."

The road is almost completely empty on the way back to the house. Just Jeongyeon and Nayeon, driving in peaceful silence, like old times.

Suddenly, the sheriff feels something change. You can feel it in the air, in your bones. Your instinct makes everything flow at once. She sniffs the air deeply before looking quickly at the pregnant woman.

"Nayeon? Do you feel okay?"

The pregnant woman smiles casually, looking out the window.

"Yes I'm fine."

The alpha is silent for a moment, a pout forming on her face and a shiver running up her spine, her wolf begging her to go with her instincts.

"Honey, do you trust me?"

Nayeon laughs, rolling his eyes playfully.

"Of course I do, what kind of question is that?"

They were already on their way home, but Jeongyeon doesn't follow the curve of the entrance to the residence.

"We're not going home. I'm taking you to the hospital." Nayeon laughs again, mocking Jeongyeon's serious look.

"Jeong, nothing's happening yet, I'm perfectly goo-" The pregnant woman doesn't finish her sentence. Her eyes widen and she stops with a sharp intake of breath. His good hand to her back and they can both feel it.

The first contraction. Nayeon feels the passenger seat wet. 

"My water broke, now it's real." 

Alpha's foot hits the gas pedal, her face b with determination. If Jeongyeon were in her car she could have triggered the police sirens right now, but she'll be content with what she has.

With the press of a button, the sheriff calls Jihyo.

"Is happening?' Jihyo's voice can be heard on the other end of the line, Nayeon's cheeks redden so fast she's breathing, the hires coming in faster waves with each passing moment.

"It's happening. Send a message to everyone."

When Jeongyeon hangs up she finally looks sideways at Nayeon, who closes his eyes and lets out a shriek.

...

Seconds after Nayeon is rushed to the delivery room, everyone begins to take a deep breath.

"Has it happened? Is it over?" Sana asks, stunned by all this.

"It's only been ten minutes, Sana." Dahyun adjusts his glasses on his face.

"Well what do I know about babies?!" Sana huffs angrily, crossing her arms.

Tzuyu arrives, sweating. "The pack is mostly here. I didn't think it was the real deal at first, but Jihyo didn't even write a word. She just sent a bunch of emojis for me."

Said woman is shaking from head to toe, eyes dancing.

"I'm so excited! And so nervous-!"

The taller one hugs Jihyo, holding her hand and running her thumb over her girlfriend's to reassure her.

"Relax. There's nothing to be nervous about." Tzuyu's voice trembles.

"Really? If I were human, you would be crushing my hand right now."

Tzuyu's cheeks turn red, it's obvious she's just as nervous as Jihyo.

"Are you weighing in having puppies too? Is that why you're nervous, Tzu? Is that why you are like this?"

"You're just as nervous as I am, so please be quiet." Tzuyu covers Jihyo's mouth with her hand to prevent the older girl from saying something that would make her ashamed.

And last but not least, Jeongyeon's parents run in, hugging the mother-to-be.

"We got here as much as we could." Jeongyeon's father arrives breathless, placing a hand on his only daughter's shoulder.

"How are you dear?" the mother asks, gracious as ever.

Surprisingly, after all her nerves were shattered, through everyone's panic and sweat... 

"I am fine." Jeongyeon responds taking a deep breath, giving his mother a half smile.

Everything is in agreement. Mine is here. Their house is ready. And the pack will ruin anyone who hints at a threat to their family. They are ready.

Mina clears behind Jeongyeon.

"Jeongyeon. It's time."

The mother-to-be inhales, feeling all the pieces put in place.

"Here we go."

...

The birth itself is a blur. Nayeon clings to his wife's hand, her screams coming out at the top of her lungs, filling the room. Until they were weak compared to the screams and cries of their new voices, one at a time.

The alpha is impressed by her wife's strength, she wipes Nayeon's forehead and kisses his hair before they hold their babies.

"They are beautiful." It's the first thing Jeongyeon thinks of when he sees his puppies.

Now that she knows her memory is back on track. She could never forget this moment. The couple squeeze into bed, legs tangled as new mothers cradle their children in their arms. The four of them, safe in their own bubble of joy.

"Honey, I need to ask." Nayeon says after a few minutes, cooing one of the babies in her arms, just nursing the other. "You were calmer during these last few hours than any other month of pregnancy. How did you do that?"

Nayeon's incredulous expression was priceless, and the smile on Jeongyeon's face was cute, his eyes still focused on the cute cheeks of his eldest daughter, who was born just four minutes before her other daughter.

She gives him a slight shrug, her head lying lightly on the tilted bed, a sigh escaping her lips.

"Honestly? I have no idea how it happened. In fact, I was afraid to make a fuss and get desperate, but...I felt like it was time, that the babies were about to arrive, I knew everything would be well, then I calmed down. Our lives are changing, of course, but…" Her eyes drift away from her daughters for a moment, coming face to face with the woman she loves. "We are ready for this."

Nayeon gives him a sleepy smile, but still the typical Im Nayeon smile.

"We are."

When Nayeon begins to fall asleep, Jeongyeon puts the babies back in their temporary cribs. Soon, they will take them home. But for now, Jeongyeon lets you down under the covers with Nayeon. Talkative as usual, Nayeon begins to speak, fatigue creeping into his voice.

"Hey, I know what names I'll give them." Jeongyeon smiles, pulling her close as they both look at the sleeping twins. She points out each one. "The eldest and eldest is Ryujin, and the smallest is Yuna."

The names ring perfectly in the alpha's ears, comfortable as if she's been ready to hear those words forever. Yoo Ryujin and Yoo Yuna, or if you prefer Im Ryujin and Im Yuna.

"Yes, those do sound good."

Nayeon pats his wife on the shoulder, snuggling up short afterward. As if crushing a pillow, Jeongyeon wraps her arms around Nayeon, kissing his head as his wife says in a sleepy whisper:

"I love you Yoo beep."

The alpha smiles, feeling her chest tighten and explode with so much love, the butterflies fly terrifyingly in her stomach and she feels like she could die right then.

"I love you Im Nayeon."