Part 2

The moon of the two wolves

My first language is not English, so forgive me for the mistakes that will occur. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, and I'll be happy to answer, enjoy. love u.

....

The world turns faster than Jeongyeon could imagine, everything is out of control.

"Control. Stay in control." Jeongyeon repeated to herself.

The alpha male staggers at the sight of Nayeon, looking far less confident than he did a second ago.

"You and the rest of your pack will retreat. There will be no fighting today." Jeongyeon's voice was loud and bossy. 

The younger alpha bowed his head and muttered in understanding. For the alpha female's only comfort, all the other wolves retreated to the forest.

"Tzuyu. Jihyo. Help her into the truck." The sheriff opens the truck doors, trying to be kind and efficient with her at once.

“It's going to be okay, Yeowo-nim. ” She tries to calm down, but she keeps repeating it to herself, a million thoughts are buzzing in the alpha's head.

The bags are already packed in the car, since the beginning of the ninth month of pregnancy. Jihyo will send a message to everyone. They just have to get to the hospital.

As soon as the last car door is closed, Jeongyeon stomps down, definitely violating some traffic laws as she passes the cars on the road.

Jeongyeon must have bought a new car when Nayeon suggested, that old can didn't go as fast as it should.

Screaming in the hospital parking lot, they get Nayeon out of the car as quickly as possible, put her in a wheelchair, and push her into the hospital. Almost there. Is happening.

By the time they're in the waiting room, Nayeon is on his feet with a smile on his face. She pulls the timer from the pocket of the jacket she was wearing.

"Look at that honey! You've broken your record again!"

"What." She was incredulous. Shocked.

"I thought the best way to get us out of there was to start our last run to the hospital. And it worked!" The pregnant woman jumps (almost) for joy.

Jeongyeon in a gulp of air, trying to get the blood flowing in his brain again. 

"I'm not going to pass out. I'm not going to pass out." Jeongyeon repeated in his head.

"I thought it was the real thing!" If she could hit Nayeon now she would gladly do it.

"But aren't you happy to do it right?"

The pregnant woman was looking at her with a ty smile on her face.

"I-! …" Jeongyeon takes a deep breath, watching Nayeon's proud smile. "Actually I am. Good job, honey."

At this point, Jeongyeon's friends, accompanied by their parents, run through the hospital doors. Well, as close to a race as possible when all of Dahyun's patterned balloons barely made it through the entrance.

"Right. False alarm." Jeongyeon takes the lead, crossing his arms and giving everyone a grim smile.

The immediate reaction is mixed with sighs of relief and moans of frustration.

"What?! Do you know how hard it was to get it in such a short time?" Dahyun, the genie growled in frustration.

"You are literally a Dahyunnie genius, you can literally get balloons with a snap of your fingers!" Tzuyu stated closing his eyes, Dahyun pretending he didn't even hear.

"What was the group text for? As the doctor responsible for Nayeon's pregnancy, I was very worried. Who was to blame?" Mina asks, Jihyo looks away guiltily, Tzuyu runs her hands through Jihyo's hair reassuringly.

Sana crouches down and lets out a loud sigh, holding her knees.

"Whew. I wasn't ready for these babies to come out yet." She gets up and puts her hands on her chest. "I thought I was going to have a heart attack."

Mother Yoo holds Nayeon by the shoulder, examining her and her belly. Nayeon is sure that if his mother were alive she would do the same thing.

"Are you okay?" Father Yoo asks, looking at his daughter-in-law with concern.

"We got here as fast as we could!" Mrs. Yoo stated.

Nayeon smiles, warming Jeong's mother's hand. 

"I'm fine. I think the babies will stay a little longer in here." The pregnant woman runs her hands over her stomach, smiling affectionately at her unborn babies. Everyone in the resod murmurs in understanding, most relieved.

"She's fine. But now everyone should take a few steps back." Jeongyeon uses his alpha voice, suddenly very protective of Nayeon. The sheriff folds her arms over her chest and stands in front of her wife as a shield.

Jihyo stifles an offended snort.

"Hey, is everything alright?" Tzuyu grabbed Jeongyeon's shoulder, trying to make sense of the situation.

"Oh, it's a mother's job to worry. I'm sure Jeong is still figuring this out quickly, dear."

Jeongyeon's mother places a reassuring hand on Tzuyu's shoulder. Jeong pouts and sighs, closing his eyes quickly.

The alpha werewolf looked at her friends, seeing their big, beautiful support system. She is so grateful for all of them. But right now, they both need space.

"You can all go home. We'll let you know when it's time for the real deal."

Everyone says goodbye in a wave of hugs and kisses, Jihyo and Tzuyu warning that they are going to run for a quick hunt in the forest and then head back to town.

"Let's meet at home. With lunch ready." Jeongyeon's mother smiles brightly, it's cute how the sheriff is her mother's copy.

"So you can see the final look of the bathroom." Father Yoo pats his back slowly.

"Looks good." Jeongyeon rubs Nayeon's back, starting to guide her towards the door. "Are you ready to go home?"

Nayeon clears his throat and gestures to Mina, who is still standing with them in the waiting room.

"I believe you are forgetting something."

A blank look is seen on Jeong's face, she is rummaging through her mind. Wondering what she is forgetting.

"Our exam!" She exclaims loudly.

How can she forget this? Let's hope the sheriff's memory survives this pregnancy.

"How are you feeling?" Mina asks when Nayeon finally lies down on the hospital bed, settling in like this is his home.

"It's okay. I'm so ing hungry. It's been hard to stick to the diet plan when all I can think of is a decent burger. And sausage. Eggs. Meat in general. And ice cream too and too..." Nayeon He lists his wishes for a few more minutes, Mina is wide-eyed as Nayeon shuts up.

"The cravings stick, but they're perfectly normal."Mina explains.

“I bet they increase even more when a werewolf is pregnant, right?” Nayeon laughs as he speaks, but his wife can feel his nerves radiating from her. 

Jeongyeon calls her through the double bond and releases his calming scent, calming her as best he can.

"Take a deep breath, honey. It's okay." That's what she says through her connection

Over time, the pregnant woman's breathing becomes a little firmer.

"And you're still working?"Mina asks, Jeongyeon pouts and answers for his wife.

"Unfortunately."

"Well you too." The pregnant woman rolls her eyes.

"It's not Jeongyeon who's pregnant, Nayeon." She huffs angrily and Mina gives her a friendly smile.

"You caught me there. But it's better than staying home and doing nothing."

"It's not what a normal doctor would recommend. But I trust that Dahyun didn't pressure her to do any heavy lifting or anything that would overload her."  

Nayeon smiles straightening her hair, Dahyun will always take care of her, inside or outside of work.

"She makes it easy for me, makes sure I stay as seated as possible."

 The doctor leans over to examine Nayeon's belly, Mina maintains a neutral expression as she feels Nayeon's belly.

"Is something fun going on in there?" The oldest one in the room asks laughing, but gets serious right away. "How can two babies exist inside a living person?" Nayeon asks and sighs, Mina laughs, shaking her head.

"There doesn't seem to be anything strange so far. Both babies have their heads down, ready for delivery." The vampire reassures, giving a gummed smile when she feels the babies' hearts beating.

They are ready for delivery. 

The words nearly knocked the alpha down before she straightened again.

"And babies are moving often?" the vampire asked, looking softly at her friend's stomach.

"Oh yeah, I was thinking, is there really a reason they move that often? I try to look up this stuff online, but there's not a lot of legitimate information about werewolf pregnancy." The pregnant woman stretches, letting out a long yawn. Which is mirrored by Jeong.

"Human pregnancy certainly doesn't compare. Considering werewolves' genealogy, it makes sense that they're hyperactive."

"I mean who am I to complain? As long as it means they're healthy." The pregnant werewolf laughs, a hint of anxiety still lingering. 

Nayeon has a brave face in front of Mina, but his wife can feel his nervousness. The knots in Jeongyeon's stomach reignite when he sees the pregnant woman's brows slightly furrowed. The sheriff feels so nervous she seems to need a hug.

“I feel like I'm paralyzed and nervous while I should be holding her. How can I expect her to be calm when I can barely keep her relaxed? When I can barely calm down? ” Jeongyeon thinks, takes a deep breath and tries to calm his heart rate.

She remembers that Nayeon will believe everything is fine when she is fine herself. 

Finally the appointment with Mina is over, the vampire doctor gives her a smile.

"Everything looks great. I would say you are on your way to a healthy birth."

The mothers-to-be breathe a sigh of relief. This news is a way to calm the nerves.

"Have you guys thought of names?"

"I'll know the names when I meet them." Nayeon smiles, stretching his arms towards Jeongyeon, who returns the smile and leans over to kiss his forehead.

"Hm. I have a list." The alpha declares smiling. Mine complements. 

Maybe Nayeon is just having trouble finding names. 

"I might have some ideas too." Mina smiles and Jeongyeon leans into her, Mina opening her arms to pick up her friend. "We can talk about this another time."

Nayeon's weariness radiates through his wife's body. Jeongyeon is tired too, she just wants to go home.

"We'll meet later. Now I have a surprise for my wife."

"Oh and what is it?"

Jeongyeon smiles at Nayeon, squeezing the pregnant woman's cheek, just like he used to do when they started dating.

"We are not going back to my house."

Nayeon's eyes sparkle, surprise is painted on his face.

"Are we going to my house? Finally!?"

It was very hot, Jeongyeon took off his sheriff's uniform and stayed only in a tank top, showing off his muscular arms, thanks to his werewolf metabolism, his body was naturally athletic. Nayeon thanked God every day for that, after all she was the one who enjoyed it the most.

The sound of Nayeon's feet dancing on the car floor can be heard, and when Jeongyeon enters the garage they stop. 

"I'm so excited to run and see it all!" The pregnant woman takes off her seat belt and swings in excitement.

"Okay let me help you first."

And Jeongyeon does, helping her get as fast as he can to the door. It's been a long day, and it wasn't even halfway through. But now they were home, so now they would have some time alone.

"Look who's back!" yelled Jeongyeon's mother, her father, soon shifting her gaze to her daughter and daughter-in-law.

"Just in time for lunch!"

Leave it there.

Nayeon smiles, seeing the newly renovated houses with stars in their eyes. 

"This is amazing!" Nayeon gave little jumps of joy.

"It's still a little messed up." Your father-in-law gives you a short tour.

"Oh, when isn't it?" The pregnant joked, a smaller smile gracing her face. "It's exactly what I wanted. More counter space, kid's locks already installed—!"

Nayeon looked around the house in confusion, her gaze landing on her in-laws.

"Wait, why is there bubble wrap everywhere?"

"Your cubs in the pack thought it would be a great idea."

Nayeon laughed. Or maybe it was just one of them. 

"Who is hungry?" Mommy Yoo asks and Nayeon's hand shoots up.

Jeongyeon barely blinks and the pregnant woman is sitting at the table, watering at the sight of a full plate in front of her. She stuffs a sandwich in , the meat so big it overshadows all the other condiments inside. 

Jeongyeon's stomach growls in response.

Jeong might not be eating for three, but he could swallow it in a single bite right now.

"Thanks for making lunch." She sits down next to Nayeon.

Jeongyeon's mother shakes her head dismissively as she and her father set the other three dishes.

 "No problem! It's the least we can do for a couple who are waiting for their children to be born."

Once everyone gets deeper into the food, the questions start to shoot up.

"So what are we thinking in terms of names?"

Here they go.

"I don't think there's a rush. I can't correctly name the children until I meet them face to face." Nayeon explains with his mouth full.

"Of course you can! We knew Jeongyeon's name." Ms. Yoo sounded loud.

"It was commonly transmitted in the Yoo lineage." Jeong's father completed. And the human mother went on babbling.

"Have you thought about naming the children after the other wolves in the family?"

"It's a possibility-!" Nayeon tried to speak.

"They might not want to name their kids after people they've never met." The voice of reason spoke. The patriarch of the Yoo family.

"Oh, but there are some lovely names! Bessie, Hyujin, Sungyeon, Lucrais, Jeongyeon Jr., Adam-!"

Nayeon finishes his last bite and drops into the chair again, happily rubbing his belly. The family matriarch gets up to refill her plate without thinking twice, continuing to list the names the couple should consider.

"Well I guess if meeting them is how you'll know, then that's how you'll know." Jeong's father concludes.

"Of course. Of course. As long as you give it some thought 

first." Mom Yoo shrugs and they put another full plate in front of her daughter-in-law.

"Only for you." Nayeon smiles lovingly at her mother-in-law, who considers her a daughter. 

As the afternoon passes, they move to the sofa, eating what's left of the potatoes.

"Just to remind you, the house as it is now is not the end result. I have a lot more planned for you." Jeong's father was responsible for the renovation and works of his house, he was a farmer with many talents.

"When the kids grow up, we can talk about separate rooms, maybe several sinks and mirrors in the bathroom."

Jeongyeon looks at Nayeon, who is smiling and listening intently as his father-in-law continues. The sheriff sees she's being nice, but knows how tired she is. She can feel through the bond. She could ask her parents to stay, or leave. That would give them some quality time, Jeongyeon could even give Nayeon a bath.

Maybe she's really worried. Nayeon seems more preoccupied with food than resting at the moment.

"More sweet potatoes?" Nayeon's mother-in-law asks.

"Well, if you're offering…" Nayeon smiles, flashing his gum smile.

Mom Yoo is more than happy to hand her another dish, fawning over her while she devours it.

The image of the three interacting slowly begins to fade for Jeongyeon, and that's when she notices. It's been a few nights since the alpha actually slept. She doesn't have the strength to fight sleep when her eyelids close.

Jeongyeon woke up with a start. A devastating howl rips through the night in the safety of his home, where Nayeon is sleeping in his arms.