Scribble

No Words Needed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What will Taecyeon write on members' faces when they're asleep?" Young K asked the Main rapper of 2PM. It was the day they went to promote their new album MUST at Kiss the Radio and they were doing the “How well you know the members” game.

"I'll draw a mustache like, you know in anime" The taller guy explained his answer to the dismay of LeeKimHwang team because they got it wrong.

"That's not writing though. There's no way the other team gonna get that answer right" The rational Young K said supporting the losing team.

"But I think I did it once to Wooyoung, in the past"

Everyone looked at Taecyeon confused.

"What? for real?" Young K was shocked to know that has actually happened.

Jang Wooyoung was blank for a second when his hyung mentioned how he drew on his face. "Yeah, he drew a mustache." He said instinctively as he caught Taecyeon looking at him from the other side of Nichkhun.

Junho was really curious as to how this happened without them knowing since they used to be together all the time.

“When was this?” He asked and everyone again looked over at the two concerned parties for some answers.

Just when that question reached his ears, all the snippets of memories flooded the dancer’s mind. Returning back to a time when they were just young and dumb…

Flashback to early 2013...

Jang Wooyoung wanted some peace and quiet. That’s what he thought when he finally decided to move out of 2PM dorms. After their huge success in both Korea and Japan, it didn’t take him much time to pay the company back for his less than a year worth of training period. Last year was especially hard for all of them but it was an extremely difficult time for the 2PM main dancer. He was nervous and tired with his solo debut to the extent that he was not paying attention to his girlfriend back then, resulting in a bad breakup. Living in a dorm with 5 other loud guys was not helping the situation at all. He knows it’s fun and he never felt lonely when he’s with them, but sometimes he wished he had some alone time without any distractions or need for explanations.

The idea first crossed his mind when Taecyeon wanted to move out back in 2011 to live with his parents. They were too busy traveling abroad all the time and they didn’t get to even stay in dorms much, so it never happened back then. But it felt kinda impossible for Wooyoung to think about living with the rest of them without Taecyeon. They’re all different and difficult to manage but somehow the main rapper managed to get them all aligned and he was the only one who understood Wooyoung’s side of wanting to be alone with some peace and quiet. When things settled down a bit, the main dancer finally took the chance to move out in early 2013.

It was not a lot, but he felt like he can finally breathe. Oh, so he thought. It was a day that they didn’t have any schedules and he just stayed home reading books since it was very rare for them to have some time off. It’s been like this for a week and 2PM met several times for practice but it felt somewhat weird for him to leave JYP building when the other 5 go with their manager to the dorms. He didn’t show any difference but now that he’s lying on his bed in that dimly lit new bedroom, he felt lonely.

Jang Wooyoung thought of what the other 5 may be doing right now. Some of them have individual schedules so they might not be together but even so, he didn’t wanna go to the dorm. It’s true that he wanted to be alone but it felt so empty since he was too used to someone always being near him. He sighed and pulled out his phone, scrolling down his contact list. First, he thought of calling up his friends in Busan but he dismissed that thought considering it was almost 11 p.m. Maybe they’re sleeping? He scrolled past Chansung and Junho as he didn’t want them to be worried about him. Jun K was too loud for him and Nichkhun, even though he has good intentions, Wooyoung felt somewhat uncomfortable around him since he senses if anything’s wrong and he won’t let it go until he gets the answer. Wooyoung just wanted to be alone with someone who wouldn’t ask anything and just be there. His thumb stopped on Taecyeon’s contact number. 2PM main dancer played with the scrolling, contemplating about calling him or not, but accidentally hit the call button.

“Ah ” He groaned but decided not to disconnect and placed his phone in his ear listening to rings. “Hey Udong” The taller guy’s deep voice came through the phone only after a couple of rings. “Ah hyung, what’re you doing?” He asked his usual question. “You’re not sleeping are you?”

“Right now?” Taecyeon asked, but without waiting he continued. “I’m actually in the company. I’ve got this new song I wrote, thought of arranging some stuff for it”

Wooyoung shot up from his bed and sat down. “Really? That’s awesome hyung! Can I come over?”

“Eh?! Right now?” He heard the surprised voice of his Hyung. “Udong-ah it’s late now, and you’re still not good with driving”

“What’re you saying, it’s just around the corner. I can just run to you now, no sweat! Haha!” Taecyeon was a bit confused as to why Wooyoung wanted to come by all of a sudden. But listening to his excited voice over the phone, he didn’t have the heart to refuse the younger guy. “Ha, ok come here then. Be careful on your way, though.”

“Ne Hyung!”

The older guy couldn’t help but chuckle at Wooyoung’s cute excited voice. He shook his head and hung up, going back to focus on his song. It started with just one sentence, “Call my name” and a hummed tune. He immediately wanted to make a song for the fans who have waited for them through all the hard times. It was indeed hard on themselves, but it must have been harder for the fans too. That’s what he thought and started it. But there were some parts he wanted to change to give the right meaning. He stared at the scribbled paper in front of him.

Are you listening to the song

I’m singing for you?

Were you waiting for me for long?

Let me come to you now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter