Chapter 4

President Soojin and Student Soeun

Decided to double update since finals is over. Please read chapter 3 before this one. Thanks! :)

----------------

School continued the way it always did, and the junior trio hung out on the rooftop like always, ignoring the threats from Soojin, since they know that the boss puppy won’t actually punish them. Soojin was too kind and soft to do anything to them for their behavior. 

“Hey, joining the student council club wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be” Monday said. 

“Yeah, it’s actually pretty fun.” Jiyoon agreed. “It gives me something to focus on other than just relaxing and fooling around all the time.”

Soeun silently listened to their conversation while lying down on the bench, agreeing that it was a good change for them. 

“Have you finished the t-shirts yet?” Monday asked Jiyoon. 

“Yup! They’re at my dad’s store right now, wanna come see them after school?” 

“Sure!” Soeun agreed, stretching from her nap on the roof. 

“Okay cool, I’ll let my dad know that we’re coming to hang out at the store later.” Jiyoon stood up. “We should get going to our classes now, the bell is gonna ring in 5 min.” 

“Yeah, yeah, we’re getting up now” 

The three then headed to their classes. 

—————————

At lunch time the three were heading to their rooftop to eat snacks, when they bumped into the student council members. 

“Oh hey! Where are you guys going?” Soojin asked. 

“We’re going up to the rooftop right now,” Jiyoon responded. “Do you guys wanna come to?”

Soojin crosses her arms and pouted “Yah! I told you guys that the rooftop is off limits.” 

Soeun laughed at the older girls attempt to stop them from going. She threw her arm around the girl. “Don’t worry about it Soojin unnie, we only go up there to hang and talk we don’t do anything bad” she reassured her. 

Still Soojin did not look convinced. 

“Come on, how about we show you guys what we do up there and you guys can supervise us” Soeun suggested smiling to Soojin. 

Soojin huffed out a sigh. “Alright, fine.”

The trio celebrated at the agreement. Monday quickly grabbed Jaehee and pulled the girl towards the stairway to the roof. Jiyoon and Jihan followed. Soeun then realized that her arm was still around the class prez. she then pulled away realizing how close they were, “u-uhh lets go?”

Soojin smiled at Soeun, “come on, or else we’ll get left behind” and she followed the other girls. 

Soeun stood there surprised by what she did, quickly broke out of her trance. Why did I put my arm around Soojin unnie? Usually I don’t do skin ship with others. So why her? Soeun was deep in thought that she hadn’t realized that the rest of the girls had reached the doorway to the roof and were all looking at her. 

“What?” Soeun asked. 

Jiyoon rolled her eyes at her friend’s response. “Uh hello? You’re the one with the key to the roof.” 

Soeun patted her pockets and realized that she did have the key. “Oh right!” She then quickly opened the door and the others entered their hideout. 

The trio’s rooftop hideout was fairly small but had a bench where the girls had put blankets on so that they could take naps. They also had a tent set up so that the place wouldn’t get too wet, they also had a storage of snacks and chairs as well. 

“Wow! This place is pretty nice!” Jaehee exclaimed. 

“Thanks! I found it and made it all by myself, you know.” Monday said. 

“Really?!” Jaehee, was impressed by what Monday said. 

Jiyoon then playfully punched Monday. “Lies. We all found this place and made it a nice hangout spot for us"

Monday then turned to Jiyoon and whispered. “Yah! Don’t go screwing my chances up with Jaehee” 

Jiyoon then shrugged. “The key to a strong relationship is trust” 

Jihan then agreed “Yes, trust is key in a relationship. Zoa and I are very honest with each other.”

All of the unnies then turned around to face Jihan. “What? You and Zoa are in a relationship together?” They all asked. 

“Huh? Yeah! I thought you knew after she had helped out the club. She offered to help since we are dating and wanted to spend more time with me. Trust is important in our relationship since we are currently in separate schools.” Jihan explained. 

“Ohh I see” they all responded. 

“I think you two are really cute together” Soojin supported Jihan. 

The group then ate lunch and relaxed on the roof. “Hey, how did you guys even get the key to the roof?”Soojin asked, since the roof is supposed to be off limits and only the school staff have access to it. 

“Oh, we’re close to the music teacher, Miss Jung Eunji and she’s friends with the security guards, Bomi sunbae and Chorong sunbae, so we asked teacher Jung, to ask Bomi for the rooftop key. Since then we have had access, and as long as we keep the place pretty nice and clean, they allow us to stay up here” Jiyoon explained. 

Soojin nodded her head understanding the situation. “Oh I see, I guess it’s alright to hang out here if you have permission from 3 staff members.”

“YAY!” The rest of the girls cheered.

————————

Right when lunch was about to end, Jiyoon mentioned that after school, Monday, and Soeun, along with herself were going to visit her dad’s art shop to check in the status of the student council shirts. “Do you guys wanna come to?”

Soojin quickly responded “Sure! We’d love to go!” She was excited to see what the uniforms would look like. 

“Okay cool, how about we meet at the bus stop at 2:30 then?” 

“Sounds great!”

The bell then rang and they got up to go to their classes. 

“Hey guys, I’ll meet you at teacher Oh Hayoung’s English class later.” Monday told the other two juniors. 

“Why?” Soeun asked confused as to why Monday wouldn’t walk with them. 

Monday then smiled and looked at Jaehee, “I’m walking Jaehee back to her class, and then heading to English.” 

“Okay go get ‘em tiger!” Jiyoon said and offered a high five to Monday. 

Monday then high fives Jiyoon and ran off to meet Jaehee who was waiting at the bottom of the stairs. 

-School finishes-

Since the trio were the first to arrive at the bus stop they decided to wait for the other girls. Jaehee and Jihan were next to arrive “Hey guys! Sorry did you wait long?” They asked. 

“No of course not!” Monday responded. “I would wait forever for you, Jaehee” 

Jiyoon and Soeun cringed at their friend’s cheesiness. 

Soeun looked around and asked “Where’s Soojin unnie?” 

“Um not sure, I only came with Jaehee since were both freshman, maybe she’s being held late in her senior classes?” Jihan said

They all decided to wait a bit longer for the older girl until they heard the sound of footsteps and huffing and puffing. They saw Soojin running from the campus entrance to the bus stop. When she finally arrived she was exhausted and out of breath. “Did you - guys wait - long for me?” Soojin asked taking a breath after each phrase.

“Yah! It’s alright you didn’t have to rush and run.” Soeun said worried about Soojin. She then offered Soojin some water and let her sit on the bench. 

“Thanks!” Soojin then flopped down onto the bench. “Are you worried about me?” She then asked while looking at Soeun. 

Soeun then blushed and looked the other way “n-no of course not, I just... um, I thought that if you had passed out, it would be too hard to carry you since you’re so heavy” she stuttered, trying to make up an excuse. 

Soojin then smiled, “alright, don’t worry I’m fine. I’m not going to pass out, just let me rest for a bit before the bus comes” 

Soeun grumbled. “I said I wasn’t worried...” but let Soojin have the entire bench to herself to lay down on. 

————————

When the bus finally arrived, the girls got up and started to scan their cards. Jaehee and Monday went in first to find their seats. Then Jihan and Jiyoon and lastly while Soeun was getting on, she heard Soojin say “Oh shoot! While I was rushing I forgot my bus card!” 

Soojin then hopped off the bus and told the girls “Sorry you guys can go, just text me or send me a pic of how the shirts look.” 

Soeun then grabbed Soojin’s hand and pulled her back on the bus “but I thought you were so excited to see the shirts.” 

Soojin then tried to get out of Soeun’s grasp, “yeah but I don’t have any money” she sighed. 

Soeun then grabbed her own bus card and said “scan for two people please” to the bus driver, who then waved them in. 

Soojin surprised by Soeun’s nice actions then blushed and mumbled a thanks. 

Soeun then pulled Soojin to the other girls. “Do you want the window seat?” She asked Soojin. 

“Sure” Soojin scooted in with Soeun following. They then sat down.

————— 

“How far away is your father’s store?” Jihan asked Jiyoon. 

“Not far, it’s probably a couple stops from school, maybe about 25-30 min.” Jiyoon responded. 

“Okay! I’ll tell Zoa that she doesn’t have to come since it’s pretty far from Play M middle school.” 

“Sure! Tell her that we’ll send a pic of it to her in the group chat, so she won’t feel left out” Monday suggested. 

Jihan quickly texted Zoa “okay! She said sounds good!”

While this conversation was going on Soeun noticed felt a weight on her shoulder and looked to her left. She saw Soojin sleeping with her head on her shoulder, Soeun then felt her heart beat more rapidly, and prayed that Soojin couldn’t hear it. Geez, calm down, heart. It’s just Soojin unnie. Why are you beating so fast. 

After a while it was almost their stop, and Soeun was stuck, as she didn’t know how to wake the older girl up. Argh what should I do? Do I wake her up gently but then she’ll know that she was on my shoulder. Should I ask Monday? She then looked at Monday and Jaehee who were talking in their own little world. Urgh never mind I’ll ask Jiyoon. She was about to talk “Yah! Jiyoon wh-“ until Jiyoon quickly got up and rang the stop bell, “hey guys this is our stop!” Jiyoon said and excitedly got up to go to open the bus doors. 

Soeun’s plan to ask Jiyoon for help failed and in her panic of missing the stop or waking up Soojin, she kind of just rushed out causing Soojin to fall and hit the pole that connects to the bus chairs. 

“Ow.” Soojin groggily said, confused as to what she hit. 

“Unnie, it’s time to get off the bus” Jihan said. 

Soojin then looked around for Soeun as she remembered she was sitting next to the girl, “alright I’m coming, where’s Soeun?” 

“Oh she’s already at the bus door with Jiyoon, Monday and Jaehee” 

“Oh really?” Soojin then stood up and headed towards the door. She then thanked the bus driver and hopped off. 

——————

Soeun became tense as Soojin exited out of the bus and walked towards her. She then looked away and awkwardly rubbed her neck, “u-uh hey, nice weather we’re having today?” 

Soojin then punched Soeun’s shoulder, “Yah! What do you mean nice weather!! You ditched me on the bus!” Soojin complained. 

“Oh sorry about that.” 

Soojin then looked at Soeun, and could tell that the girl really did feel bad. She sighed, “alright it’s fine”

The girls then walked towards Jiyoon’s father’s art store. 

———————

Notes

I tried to put more Sooso moments into this chapter. I hope you enjoy the story so far. Thank you for reading!