Chapter 1

President Soojin and Student Soeun

Soeun, Jiyoon, and Monday we’re walking down the school’s hallway, and avoiding the crowd of students. Since it was the first day of school, there were lots of students running around finding their classes. Since the trio were juniors they were relatively used to the school grounds, so they just calmly walked the halls.  

“Hey, I say we skip first period today” Soeun suggested to her friends.  

“But first period is music and it’s one of the few interesting classes” Jiyoon complained. 

Soeun internally sighed knowing how much Jiyoon loved her elective classes, and also the fact that Jiyoon was probably the smartest of the three and also the most behaved one. 

“Fine, you can go to the class then, but I’m skipping” Soeun stated. 

Jiyoon nodded “Okay sounds good, but Monday you’re coming with me right?” 

Monday shrugged in return as it was too early in the morning to participate in their conversation. “Fine I’ll go but Soeun you better not get caught and into any trouble on your first day” Monday warned. 

Soeun rolled her eyes as she understood that while they were known for not having the best reputation but they weren’t actually bad kids. They just skipped classes, slept in class, and didn’t do any work. 

----------------

Soeun was walking to the trios hideout spot on the rooftop to spend her first period relaxing and sleeping. She did enjoy music class but because it was the first day of school after summer break, she was not ready to jump right into classes. Since there was still about 15 min. before first period, Soeun decided to just watch the other students walk into school from the rooftop. While she was watching the students Soeun noticed a very pretty girl greeting all the students and helping to point lost freshman into the correct buildings and give them any tips. Soeun was surprised by the girl’s positiveness and politeness when dealing with the students. 

Man how can she deal with all those idiots down there, Soeun thought. I would’ve given up after helping first student. While she was watching the girl, Soeun remembered who the girl was. The girl was, Soojin, the student class president. No wonder she was helping the freshman so much, it’s part of her duties. Soeun kept watching the girl move from one student to the next and thought that it was pretty cute. While she was spacing out, Soeun didn’t notice that the president had actually looked up at her for a while and when their eyes met Soeun freaked out and looked away.  I hope she didn’t catch me staring at her for the past 10 minutes

Soeun decided that because of that incident she didn’t want the president to come up to the roof and find their hideout so she quickly ran down the stairway and headed to music class

“What the heck, what are you doing here” Jiyoon whispered to Soeun when she saw that the girl had showed up to first period. 

“Yeah I thought you were skipping?” Monday asked. 

Soeun just shrugged “I felt better after getting some air and decided that music class is actually more interesting then our other classes. Especially since Miss Jung actually likes me, so I figured I’d rather skip those classes then this class” she replied. 

Jiyoon smiled, pleased to have her friends all together in class “that’s correct, and plus I heard that the class president is coming to this class as well for some sort of introduction.”

It took a while for Soeun to process what Jiyoon said and once she did, she was surprised. “Wait, what? The class president is coming here?”

“Uh yeah that’s what Jiyoon just said” Monday replied. 

Frick I should’ve skipped, Soeun thought. Now she has to face the girl that she was starring at in the morning and also hope that she didn’t catch her on the roof as it’s off limits. 

The bell rang and their music teacher, Jung Eunji, calmly got the class ready, until there was a knock at the door and she let the class know that there was a guest presentation before class starts. 

Soojin entered the class alongside Jihan and Jaehee who were also in student council, and exclaimed “Hello everyone, I’m Soojin and these two are Jihan and Jaehee, we are your student council for this year! I hope we all get along well together and can make this school year one that is memorable and exciting!”

The class applauded after student council’s introduction finished and the three had to leave to go to another class for another presentation. Soeun sighed in relief as she thought she was in the clear since the class president didn’t look or acknowledge her throughout the entire presentation. However, before the three representatives left, Soojin asked “Excuse me Teacher Jung, but could I talk to Park Soeun for a second?”

Soeun tensed up when she heard her name, and looked at Miss Jung, who was looking back at her with a surprised face. “Sure, Soojin. Soeun can talk to you for a moment since we’re just doing some introduction to music theory. I’m sure her friends Jiyoon and Monday can help her catch up later.” Teacher Jung explained. 

“Thank you,” Soojin responded. 

Soeun watched the interaction and internally complained, Hey what about my opinion! I don’t want to talk to her. Soeun looked at her friends for some back up, some kind of support, but all they did was look at her with a “what did you do now” kind of face. Soeun sighed and stood up, following the student council out into the hallway. 

------------------

Soojin was waiting for Soeun in the hallway and told Jihan and Jaehee to go to the next classes to do their presentations without her since she had to talk to Soeun about something. 

Soeun exited the music room and saw Soojin waiting for her. “Uh hey, you said you wanted to talk to me?” Soeun asked. 

Soojin turned to face Soeun and said “Yes. I wanted to ask you if you knew that the rooftop is off limits and any students caught would have to face consequences.”

Soeun nodded her head, trying to play it cool, “yeah I know that, it’s written in the school’s rules. Why are you asking me this?” 

Soojin frowned at this response. “I thought that I saw someone up on the rooftop this morning, and was wondering if you maybe knew who it was?” Soojin asked, hoping to get Soeun to confess that it was her on the roof. 

Soeun just shook her head, “nope I don’t know. I don’t go on the roof and neither do my friends. You must have saw someone else.” 

Soojin sighed after hearing this, “alright then, that’s all I wanted to talk about. You can go back to music class.” 

After hearing this Soeun was happy, knowing she convinced the girl that it wasn’t her this morning. Right when she was about to open the door, Soojin grabbed her hand and whispered in her ear “You shouldn’t lie to your senior, you know.” 

Soeun blushed at the sudden closeness and stuttered out “w-what??” and turned to look at Soojin, who had already let her hand go. Soojin then smirked at Soeun and walked off, heading to her next class.

Soeun stood at the doorway for a while calming her heart down, what just happened? She thought. Does the class president know it was me? Geez that was scary. I should just avoid her for the rest of the year, it’s a good thing she’s a senior and will be graduating this year, then I won’t have to see her afterwards. 

Soeun then entered the class and sat back down by her friends. 

“Hey, what did she want to talk about?” Jiyoon asked her. 

“She was wondering if I was on the rooftop this morning.” Soeun replied. 

Monday then entered the conversation, “Yah! You didn’t expose our hideout did you?” 

Soeun then responded “No, of course not!” But in reality Soeun really hoped that the class president didn’t know that the three hang out there 24/7. “I think I convinced her, so hopefully she won’t bother us or get us into any trouble”. 

Jiyoon and Monday looked at each other with skeptical faces and both said “okay, we trust you”. 

The three continued with their classes and once the first day of school was over the three headed back home together. 

---------------------

Notes

This is the first chapter of my story. Hopefully it makes sense and is interesting not sure where the story will go but I’m just writing whatever comes to mind. Enjoy!