What Was That All About?

That One Fan-Made Video
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After being asked to gather to the shooting spot of the studio, the staff politely instructs the members to stay in place as they attempt to resolve an unexpected technical difficulty in manning the lights. All the members complied, with most of them walking around the shooting area.

Tzuyu starts to zone out and get lost in her thoughts once more when, all of a sudden, Sana appears in front of her. She is about to back away from the older girl , but before she is even able to take a step behind, Sana reaches out to one of her butterfly earrings.

“Our Tzuyu,” Sana sighs, “your butterfly is upside down.”

“Oh,” Tzuyu responds with the tiniest hint of relief while she moves her left hand up her other earring, “is it fixed now?”

“Yes,” Sana smiles at her and holds the butterfly a little while more before leaving hurriedly.

Tzuyu hopes her inward frown did not reflect on her outer face. What was the need of doing that? Tzuyu deliberates by herself. The last I saw, she was all over Dahyun while they were being interviewed only moments ago.

Tzuyu looks around and stops when she spots a staff facing exactly where she is standing, holding a handheld video camera. 

Ah, Tzuyu finally understands, It was fan service.

Before her thoughts could go way farther, Nayeon calls her, “Tzuyu-ah! Come here.”

“What is it Nayeon Unnie?” The Taiwanese asks as she approaches her Unnie.

“Let’s take some photos of you,” Nayeon cheekily replies as she waves the film camera in front of the Maknae.

“Unnie,” Tzuyu shyly responds.

“Oh, come on! It really takes amazing photos, you’ll see,” Tzuyu is surprised to see Sana and Dahyun, hand in hand,  already getting closer and closer to her and Nayeon.

Before she could respond, the two sneak behind the taller girl’s back and sandwiches her between of them. “Smile!” 

Tzuyu brushes away all her negative thoughts and gives a genuine albeit demure smile for Nayeon as she snaps a photo of them.

They take a few more snaps of the trio with the ever-supportive Nayeon exclaming, “Ah, so pretty!” or “Tzuyu’s so cute!”

Sana giggles after hearing the latter exclamation. Tzuyu, on the other hand, remains stoic as though she did not hear a single thing. What goes on in her mind? Sana can only wonder.

The staff takes longer than expected in fixing the said lighting complications, but this isn’t a problem for the girls because, of course, anything and everything can entertain them.

Tzuyu, however, finds herself a good seat and fiddles once more with her phone. She faintly hears her members laughing and when she checks, she sees Momo, Jihyo, Mina, and Chaeyoung doing a weird kind of body roll while their backs were leaning on the wall.

She shakes her head as brings her attention back towards her phone, a smile unknowingly plastered on her face.

She receives a pop-up notification appears and turns out to be a text from her Mother.

“Tzuyu, baby, how have you been? Sorry Mama was busy with the café the past few days. Are you busy?”

‘No problem, Mama. I understand. We are on a break from shooting a performance video for the latest single!”

Tzuyu stands up and tries to take a selfie with her outfit when a pair of arms snake around her waist from behind. Tzuyu is started, and just as she was about to turn around and check who it is, she hears, “Can I join for a Selca, Tzu-gi?”

Tzuyu freezes at the word. The last time Sana said that, it was on their previous comeback, and it was actually included in the Comeback Week videos. Am I overthinking this? Tzuyu worries, or is she unnecessarily pressing my buttons lately?

Sana whines, “Tzuyu! Take a Selca with me?”

“B-but I’m sending this to my Mama,” Tzuyu nervously laughs. “Is that ok with you?”

“Oh?” Sana hesitates for a moment but tries her best to brush it aside. “Go on then! Let’s give her a spoiler of our looks!”

Tzuyu shrugs and takes a photo of them together. It immediately sends to her chat box with Mama Chou.

“Do you mind?” Sana motions to take Tzuyu’s phone to which the latter obliges. She waits as Sana checks their Selca. What she didn’t expect, however, is how Sana is typing on her phone now.

And as if Sana senses Tzuyu’s sudden alertness, she looks up and presents her left palm forward towards Tzuyu, asking her to wait patiently. Still, Tzuyu tries to peek what the older girl is typing up, but before she gets a closer view, Sana hands her back the phone with utmost urgency and hops away to join the other girls and thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter