004

I still care for you

 

Somehow, true to Jimin's words, Minjeong finds herself in front of the clinic once more after a week. Melody's dog food ran out and Minjeong's glad that she didn't have work today.

 

She reminds herself that she just came here for the food. Definitely not for Jimin. She's going to the store anyway. She prays she won't bump into Jimin inside, though she's painfully aware of the clinic's size. She thinks there's at least 50% chance of running into her. 

 

Minjeong meets Yuri who throws her a small smile. She walks to the opposite direction to Jimin's office where the entrance to the small shop lies. She sees a short-haired girl dozing off on the counter. Minjeong's never seen her before, probably because she never entered this part of the clinic. 


"Excuse me," Minjeong taps on the girl's arm repeatedly. This stirs her up, thankfully. "Can you show me where the dog food section is?" 


She grumbles under her breath inaudibly, but stands up eitherway, rubbing the sleep off her eyes. Minjeong once again finds herself reading the girl's name tag.


Kim Chaewon.


A fellow Kim.


"Here," Chaewon leads her and is faced with plenty of dog food brands that Minjeong starts to get dizzy. "Do you need help choosing, ma'am?"

 

"Yes please, one for the small dogs." 

 

Chaewon picks up a bag and hands it over to Minjeong. "Highly recommended. My pup loves those." 

 

"Is it a maltese too?"

 

She shrugs, "I guess. My girlfriend's the one you should ask." 

 

The other Kim looks at her confusedly. Minjeong dismisses the conservation and follows Chaewon to the counter. 

 


She notices the vet's door open and close. Jimin's outside, talking to a somewhat familiar figure. Minjeong hurriedly turns her back, inwardly cursing. Chaewon raises a brow at her action but doesn't question. 

 

"Will that be all?" Chaewon asks after bagging the food. Minjeong shakes her head and takes the bag from her, giving her a bow in gratitude. 

 

"You know, it's not everyday that I see someone hiding from her." She stops in her tracks when Chaewon gives her a small smirk. "I'm starting to believe everyone comes back here just to see her. But with you crouching like that, I'm guessing not everyone."

 

"What do you mean?" 

 


Chaewon motions her to come closer, "See that woman? She comes here twice a week, whether to buy here or to have her pet's "weekly" check-up. Eitherway, she always makes time to see Jimin like she's her girlfriend."

 

Minjeong once again checks the woman Jimin's talking to. Her back side seems very familiar to Minjeong, but she couldn't quite put her finger to it. 

 

"Though with Jimin's good looks, I don't understand how she's still single. Look at all these people lining up in the clinic just for her." Chaewon shakes her head in disbelief, "How about you, do you find her attractive?"

 

Minjeong chokes on her saliva at the sudden question, "W-what? What's with that?"

 

She merely shrugs, it must have been Chaewon's habit. "I mean, what's not to like? She's tall, gorgeous, friendly, nice and caring. If I didn't have a girlfriend I'd sure as hell be crushing on her too. And you're cute too. I don't think it's impossible. I might even date you too."

 


"You think too much." Minjeong replies, waving her hand to dismiss Chaewon's thoughts. 

 

"I'm just stating facts. Anyways, my name's Kim Chaewon." The fellow short haired beauty reaches her hand out for a shake.

 

Minjeong takes it, "I figured that out with your name tag. I'm Kim Minjeong."

 

"A fellow Kim huh? Your name's almost similar to my girlfriend's. Kim Minju." Chaewon grins as if she just won the lottery. Minjeong absentmindedly mirrors it. 

 

"She must be nice for you to smile like that."

 

"You know what they say, being in love makes you stupid." Chaewon laughs. 

 

From the corner of her eyes, Minjeong sees Jimin looking at them. She curses once more and it catches Chaewon's attention. "There's something between you and Jimin, I can sense that." 

 

"You think?" 

 

"Was it a one night stand?" Chaewon teases, a glint of mischief in her eyes. 

 

Minjeong groans, feeling a headache coming. She doesn't know why, but talking to Chaewon about her and Jimin's a bit relieving. "Worse. She's my ex-girlfriend."

 

The visible shock plastered on Chaewon's face made Minjeong giggle. "I know, too much huh?"

 

"So I was actually right, it wasn't impossible?" 

 

"Mhm." Minjeong sighs.

 

"Is it impossible for a come back though?" 

 

The other Kim chokes on air and Chaewon cackles at her reaction. "What are you saying? God.."

 

"Well, is it?" 

 

Minjeong opens to speak only for the other Kim to panic. "She's coming this way. do you want to talk to her or should I help you run away?" Chaewon nudges Minjeong's arm.

 

Before Minjeong could react, Chaewon had already pulled her out of the store in a haste. Though Minjeong had caught a glimpse of the glass door opening and Jimin's oh so pretty face before Chaewon's face came in to view. "Thank you for buying! See you again next time!"

 

Minjeong sighs in relief, clutching onto the bag as she made her way back home where Melody's waiting.

 

If she were to answer the question as to why she's blatantly avoiding Jimin, she'd leave without any answer.

 

Because truth be told, she absolutely has no idea as to why she's avoiding her.

 

But could you blame her when her head and heart's a mess?

 


 

 

And again, Minjeong feels like the world has gone against her, putting her in situations too awkward that she may have actually forgotten how to breathe. 

 

It's nothing really. Minjeong wishes she really didn't care that she's out in a Thursday night when she should be at home, taking her beauty rest or watching Netflix while Melody sleeps on the couch with her. She wishes she had declined Yizhou's tempting offer. Free movie tickets and dinner afterwards? Oh damn, count her in. And it was Yizhou's treat! She's been too busy lately that Minjeong had began to think she doesn't even go home anymore. So who was Minjeong to decline right?

 

Then again, she wishes she had declined.

 

Because Minjeong arrived, clad in her flannel in all her glory and messy bun only to meet face-to-face with an equally surprised Jimin. She must have had come off from a meeting based from her attire. (Minjeong definitely did not blush once she remembered how humiliating it was to be so vulnerable)

 

The said woman had her sleeves rolled, hand dipping in her popcorn bucket the moment Minjeong bumped in to her. "Minjeong?"

 

Though she had stumbled a bit from the impact, she had gathered herself and openly gawked at Jimin like she saw a ghost. "J-jimin!"

 

"Fancy seeing you here, it's not often that THE Kim Minjeong goes to the cinema alone." Jimin grins and hands her the popcorn bag in her hands. "Popcorn?"

 

Minjeong shakes her head, moving a bit further from Jimin to which the latter didn't mind.

 

Jimin chuckles, putting a piece of popcorn in before offering Minjeong some to which she had declined. "Suit yourself. By the way, what brings you here?"

 

Minjeong opens to answer, only for Yizhuo and Aeri to pop out of nowhere, giggling like highschool girls going home from school. 

 

"Jimin! You actually came!" Aeri lets out her infamous dolphin squeal and tackles Jimin. Poor Jimin gets her back hit the brick wall quite harshly. "AERI WHAT THE HELL THAT HURTS!"

 

"But I missed you!"

 

"We literally just met a week ago!"

 

"That was already too long! I spent five years talking to you through the screen and now we're making up for it!"

 

Again, poor Jimin couldn't escape Aeri's tight, bear hug. Luckily, she had managed to place her popcorn bucket on the counter earlier, as if anticipating Aeri's attack. Bless her soul.

 

Yizhuo snickers beside Minjeong. "Sometimes I wonder if I'm the real girlfriend whenever Jimin unnie's around."

 

She glances at Yizhuo, "You guys meet often?"

 

The red head shakes her head and points at her girlfriend with her thumb. "They meet weekly. I tagged along to one of their coffee dates and believe me when I say I felt like a third wheel."


The way Yizhuo's sulking made Minjeong laugh briefly. It's not anyone's fault that Jimin and Aeri are close, they're basically glued to the hip since middle school. So it's no surprise as to why Aeri's always that excited to meet Jimin. It's as if their middle school selves jumps out with the presence of one another.

 

Jimin and Aeri comes up to them a few minutes later of bantering (and basically tackling each other to the ground with Jimin yelling "I'm an adult already! We shouldn't be fighting like kids!" then proceeds to headlock Aeri). 


"Do you want popcorn Minjeong?" Jimin nudges her with her elbow. The other duo had already gone to buy tickets, leaving Minjeong with the tall veterinarian.


As tempting as it sounds, she declines the offer. "It's okay, I can buy one on my own."


"No, it's okay I can buy one for yoㅡ"

 

"Jimin, I said it's okay." The tone of Minjeong's voice made Jimin stop and stare for a second. And Minjeong feels guilt eating her up as to how dejected Jimin looks.

 

Minjeong sighs. I can't have her spoiling me like this.

 


"Are you sure?" Jimin is insistent, and Minjeong is easily persuaded. But no, she bites her lip and shakes her head, clearly adamant that she doesn't want any of Jimin's nice deeds. 

 


Yizhuo appears beside Minjeong and grins, "You're going to love the movie!"

 


Minjeong would actually believe her from the way she seems giddy and excited, but Aeri appears from behind her with a frightful and pale face.

 


And Jimin, God bless her soul, she looks like she's about to run away any second from now.

 


Turning to face her bestfriend, she asks. "Yizhuo, what are we watching?"

 


"You'll see!"

 


 


 


Minjeong likes going to the cinema.

 


She loves the leathered couch and comfortable seats by the upper row just enough to enjoy the big screen in front of her; The way she'd put her feet on the seat in front of her when it's unoccupied. And she absolutely loves munching on several snacks as she goes through two and a half hours of her favorite movie.

 


But being in the cinema in this situation... Minjeong finds it hard to enjoy being in the cinema.

 


No, it's definitely not because she's squeezed between a red head whose voice easily reaches Hanbin, China (her province by the way) and an incredibly fragrant and strongly aromatic scaredy-cat. Definitely not.

 


Horror movies are nice. Minjeong likes watching them alone. And well, she hasn't tried watching them with other people. Because first of all, Jimin hates horrorㅡ wait, that should be the second reason. Oh well.

 


So to list it all up: Minjeong's beside her scaredy ex-gf who loathes horror movies in a cinema that's almost cramped with people coming in like water in an open dam. Yeah, Minjeong's going to go crazy.

 


The movie, well, Minjeong thinks it's bearable. Horror movies are usually boring and talkish on the first parts anyway, with occasional jumpscares here and there. (Minjeong tries her hardest not to flinch when Jimin nearly jumps out of her seat the fourth time in just the first 20 minutes of the movie)

 

However, during the rising of the story, Minjeong may or may not have grabbed on Jimin's unsuspecting right hand in surprise. Minjeong doesn't know if she got scared from the jumpscare or from Yizhuo's ear deafening screech. She believes in the latter.

 


Though it was oddly comforting to know Jimin hasn't pulled her hand away. In fact, Jimin had intertwined their fingers and once in a while, had squeezed the life out of Minjeong's pretty hands. 

 

The credits had already rolled in quicker than Minjeong had expected. Was it because she was too distracted with Jimin that she literally ignores the rest of the movie? Minjeong begged to differ.

 

The sudden change in lights made Minjeong squirm, definiely not fond of the way her eyes were momentarily blinded by the lights.

 


Thanks to the lights, Yizhuo had noticed their interlaced fingers since Minjeong absent-mindedly rubs her right eye with her occupied hand. She nudges Minjeong by the side playfully, sending the confused girl a knowing smirk. 

 


Aeri looks half-dead. Her body's sunken on the leathered chair that it makes Minjeong wonder if Jimin had done the same. Glancing to her left, she finds Jimin staring directly at her, eyes twinkling as if she's a kid looking at her favorite candy.

 


Oh no.

 


Minjeong couldn't find it in her to look away. There's something about the way Jimin looks at her, as if she's trying to convey a message but Minjeong's too occupied with her own thought about her bubbling feelings to understand. 

 


"Hey guys? Movie's over." There was an obvious hint of teasing with the way Yizhuo speaks. Minjeong jolts, removing her hand from Jimin's as if she just touched a boiling kettle. 

 

This cuts Jimin from her own trail of thoughts and she smiles up at the other pair while Minjeong also began prepping herself. "Uh, yeah sure."

 

As they leave the cinema, Minjeong tries her best to avoid any contact with Jimin. The latter trails behind her and Minjeong feels her eyes boring at her back. She doesn't think too much about it when Aeri and Yizhuo walks them outside, buys them both potato swirls and heads to the nearest park.

 


 The night view is much more eye catching. There were lights illuminating the fountain and streetlamps gave enough light to give a tranquil feeling to it. It was nice. Minjeong takes a mental note to visit here more often at night. Though she wouldn't like to walk alone, especially now that there are plenty of crime cases going around and she knows she's attractive. Maybe asking Yizhuo or Aeri to accompany her once in a while wouldn't be too bad.

 


"Penny for your thoughts?" 

 


Minjeong had been too occupied to notice Jimin looming over her. She isn't too tall, maybe a couple inches taller but something about her physique makes her seem taller than she actually is. And with Minjeong's petite body, she finds herself shrinking under her piercing gaze. 

 


The taller is currently holding out a pink cotton candy towards her with a blue one of her own stuck in . Aeri and Yizhuo were nowhere to be found. 

 


Minjeong takes it anyway and she notes the small smile on Jimin's face. "Where are they?"

 

"Aeri and Yizhuo? They went to buy food over  there." She points with her blue cotton candy to the colorful lights not too far away. Minjeong hasn't even noticed it in the first place, has she been that lost in her own world? "I offered to pay but Aeri was insistent. So I went back to see how you were doing because you've been out of it since the movie ended." 

 

Minjeong presses her lips in a straight line, breaking their eye contact as always. She doesn't reply, but she pats the empty space next to her. Jimin must've understood because Minjeong feels the bench move a bit. 

 

They ate their cotton candy in silence. Jimin taps her feet happily on the ground like a kid and one wouldn't even think that she's a professional with how she devours her cotton candy. Minjeong on the other hand, takes small bites and occasional glances at the taller. 


She sighs, "I'm sorry for avoiding you." 

 

She feels Jimin stop her actions and once again felt the heavy gaze on her. "What do you mean?"

 

"You know, when I went to the clinic."

 

"Oh, you mean that." Jimin scratches her cheek, "It's okay. I didn't mind. I just thought that you were actually friends with Chaewon and had a friendly chit-chat. Though I was a bit upset that you didn't come see me." 

 

She lets out a small chuckle but Minjeong still feels guilty for some unknown reason. Was it because she made Jimin upset? But Jimin did say it was fine. But why is Minjeong taking things too seriously and too hard for herself?

 

"Who was that?" 

 

"Who was what?"

 

"That person you were talking to." Minjeong says, pinching a small piece of cotton candy to put in . "Chaewon told me she visits often."

 

Jimin makes a small 'o' with , registering what Minjeong meant. "That's Lia. She was a friend of mine in Canada but she moved back here in Korea a year before I did. I was surprised to know she lives in the area too." 

 

Minjeong hums, finally understanding who the person is. "I know her."

 

"You do?"

 

"Yeah. I work at her family's flower shop. She's a nice person and she covers my shift when she feels like it. No wonder she looked familiar."

 

The look of shock in Jimin's face was funny and it actually made Minjeong laugh. "Isn't it funny how everything seems to be connected to the both of us?"

 

Minjeong gives her a brief look, one that's both questioning and doubting. "I think it's pure coincidence."

 

"Well I think it's fate." Jimin flashes her a bright smile, one that's enough to break down the walls Minjeong has built over the years. 

 

Shaking her head, the younger replies, "You and your obsession with fate and romance."

 

Jimin doesn't say anything but Minjeong knows the smile on her face says a lot. And she knows Jimin's not someone who backs down from anything. She's a woman of her words. She recalls her words from a week ago and indeed, somehow she always finds herself with Jimin.


It wasn't so bad sitting with Jimin. She had always been considerate of other people's feelings. And right now Minjeong just wants to enjoy the tranquil atmosphere the park emits.


Aeri and Yizhuo arrives a few minutes later, bickering and almost shoving each other. Jimin immediately stands up to grab the tray on their hands, saying that she wants to eat the food before they decided to grab each other's throat. 

 

Minjeong thinks it's nice. It's been awhile since she's had this much fun. And it's been years since their small group had hung out together.

 

They've been eating various delicacies from booths to boothsㅡ which was paid by Aeri who keeps losing in their little games. Yizhuo starts sing alongs and it's a miracle that no one thought of throwing rotten tomatoes at them from passerbys.

 

It was amazingly fun. She thinks she'll get used to it. Especially with Jimin's presence. 


Hours had passed by without them knowing. Thanks to Yizhuo's loud voice indicating that it was indeed past 9 in the evening, the girls called it a day. 


With Jimin still laughing from a lame joke she made herself, she pokes Minjeong's side making the poor girl jolt and drop her little cup that was thankfully empty. "What was that for?!"

 

She ignores the flurry of arms thrown at her and continues laughing. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She says in between laughs while attempting to grab Minjeong's arms. "I was just going to ask if you want me to drive you home."

 

There was a moment of surprise for Minjeong. Jimin didn't seem to notice the close proximity they're currently sharing with the way she's still chuckling. Minjeong stops attacking her and backs away, a blush creeping on her face. "Uhㅡ"

 

"Hey Minjeong, you going to ride with us?" Aeri calls out from the fountain, her car keys on her left hand. Yizhuo pinches her side and Aeri immediately curses. 

 

"She's riding with me." Jimin answers before Minjeong could process the question. "I'm taking her home."

 

Aeri sends her a knowing look. "Oh."

 

"That's convenient for you guys right? It's a 20 minute ride to your apartment from our block." 

 

Yizhuo nods a little too eagerly. So much for being a supportive friend. "Sure. Is Minjeong okay with it though?"

 

Minjeong froze once she feels three pairs of eyes at her. Smacking her lips lightly, she nods, unknowingly making Jimin sigh in relief. 

 

They part ways with Aeri telling them they should hang out soon in their apartment. Jimin offers her own flat too and it somehow piqued Minjeong's interest. 


"Do you want to sit on the passenger seat or at the back?" Jimin asks upon reaching her car at the parking lot. Minjeong shrugs, "Anywhere is fine, I guess."

 

The taller girl unlocks the passenger seat and lets Minjeong in before jogging to the other side. Minjeong is immediately greeted with the oddly comforting strong smell that Jimin often wears. She then remembers the cuddling session they had in the clinic and a huge wave of embarassment washed over her.

 

"Are you okay?" Jimin asks from the driver's seat. She flinches at the feel of her hands on her forehead. "Mm, you're not sick. Just a bit warm."

 

"I'm fine. I just feel a little sleepy." She moves to rest her head on the window. It's not like she's lying anyway. She had just finished multiple articles earlier before coming to the cinema. No wonder she feels tired.

 

Jimin doesn't do anything further and gave Minjeong the space she needed.The engine starts and Jimin drives away from the park to Minjeong's apartment. It was a 10-minute drive, possibly reaching 20 depending on the traffic. Night time is actually a hectic time, so Jimin's not surpised at the amount of cars on the road.

 

It's okay, as long as Minjeong gets a few minutes of rest.

 

She glances at the sleeping woman once she reached the red lights. She doesn't know if it was the light illuminating Minjeong's imamculate features or if it was because Minjeong sleeps so peacefully that Jimin finds herself falling deeper. Or maybe it was both. Eitherway, Jimin couldn't find the strength to look away. 

 

Her Minjeong had always looked too good to be human. Aphrodite must be ashamed.

 

The honking from the other cars pulled Jimin back to reality. She sheepishly rubs her nape and continues to drive.

 

"Minjeong-ah? Wake up." The younger girl finally stirs awake after several taps on her cheek. Jimin chuckles at the cute sight of Minjeong rubbing the sleep off her eyes and trying to take in her surroundings. "We're in front of your apartment."

 

Minjeong hums, sitting up while Jimin removes her seatbelt for her. She lets the younger fix herself and shuts off the radio that's been playing. She finds Minjeong looking at her with an unreadable expression, but nonetheless Jimin flashes her a bright smile.


"I had fun today. I hope you did too," She starts, "I'm not certain when we will meet again but I hope you know every moment spent with you is precious." 


Minjeong's lying if she said it didn't make her heart race.


She returns a small smile, "Yeah. Me too."


It was silent for a while, and it happens often. Minjeong's still walking on eggshells, carefully choosing her words and actions around Jimin. It has only been a while since they had reunited afterall. And if anything, Minjeong wants things to go slow.


Jimin's patiently waiting for Minjeong to recollect herself and walk out her car. She knows Minjeong isn't one to be talkative, so she always listens and waits in silence. 


And when Minjeong does bow at her slightly, giving her thanks and unlocks the passenger seat, Jimin finds herself reaching for Minjeong's arm. The latter looks back with a questioning look, waiting for Jimin to speak.

 

"Do you, uhㅡ" She wrecks her brain trying to find the words to say, but finds herself losing more of her sanity when she meets Minjeong's beautiful, innocent eyes. 


"Jimin?" 


"Sorry," She retracts her hand and places it on the steering wheel. "Forget it. Have a good night sleep Minjeong." 

 

Minjeong eyes her for a moment, but Jimin only smiles with clearly no intention to continue what she was about to say. 

 

And Minjeong hates that.


"If you're going to say something, then tell me. I hate cliffhangers." Minjeong faces the driver side. Jimin blinks stupidly, then proceeds to rub her nape a bit abashedly.

 

"Well, I was just going to ask if you're free on Wednesday night.." Jimin waves her hand once Minjeong raises a brow a her. "I mean, my friend gave me tickets to see her movie. And I didn't know who to give the extra ticket to. I just didn't want to miss the opportunity to see the movie and waste a ticket right?" 

 

The way Jimin's basically stumbling on her own words made Minjeong laugh. It sounds tempting, going to a premiere with Jimin. "What movie is it?"

 

Jimin gives her a sheepish grin, "I honestly don't know."

 

Minjeong laughs even more, "What kind of friend are you?"

 

"Hey! For the record I'm a busy person, I'm an adult!"

 

"And? What's that supposed to mean? It doesn't connect to our conversation Jimin." She teases further making the older whine uncharacteristically.


After teasing her a bit more, Minjeong finally lets her breathe. "I guess it doesn't sound too bad."

 

Jimin beams at her, "Is that your way of saying you'll go?"

 

Minjeong nudges her, "Do you need everything spelled out for you?"

 

"Maybe." She shrugs. "Thank you."


"Why are you thanking me? I should be thanking you for the free movie and snacks."

 

Jimin snickers, "I know you only agreed because of the free food."

 

The younger cackled, "You know me so well. Anyways I have to go now. It's getting late, you should go too."

 

Minjeong unlocks the door and waves at Jimin who looks back at her with all the adoration she could muster. She watches her drive away and Minjeong's left with a soaring heart that'll further confuse her own feelings.

 


 

been busy lately but here's an update! hehe see you next tme!

 

 

​​​