There She Is (Eunbi)

The Queens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                 

There she is, standing across the room from me. She looks as elegant as ever and prettier than the last time I saw her. To think that the pretty little girl I had a crush on since pre-school grew up to be the CEO of a very famous entertainment company, and now I was just accepted into her company as a video editor. Of course, I had no idea that she was the CEO and owner of the company until late last week when her father announced his retirement. From what I heard all around, she had been active within the company for a good three years after returning from the states for education, learning the ropes before eventually taking the reigns entirely. And I don't think she remembers me, I highly doubt it since I never had the balls to talk to her ever since we were both in pre-school. For some crazy reason, where she is, I would always be around. If it's not in the same school, we would be in the same neighborhood or I will always run into her at the playground. And now, at the age of 25, I am still seeing her but in an all-new light. She is no longer a girl, she is a woman, an amazingly hot woman with a very promising future as one of the youngest CEO of an entertainment company. 

I got into the company around two years before her father made the announcement, and like the coward that I am, I never took the chance to approach her even though on several occasions, she and I would end up in the same vicinity. Like when I first saw her on my first day, she was in the video editing room, all I did was a bow to her along with the new team, and didn't even try to look at her longer than 2 seconds. Then the week after that at the cafeteria, she passed me in the hallway when I was on my way to the video editing room, all I did was bow to her again and didn't even look at her at all while picking up my pace as I walked past her. It's embarrassing to admit but it is what it is when I can't compose myself around her. She is more likely kryptonite because to other ladies, I talk with as smooth as a breeze especially with two girls from my editing team. All in all I got no problems with other ladies except for her.

The first time I ever laid my eyes on her was in preschool and I was about 5 years old, she was a new student. I could remember clearly how that day went, I was like in a trance because all I could do was stare at her all the while our homeroom teacher introduced her to us. Then the day progressed with me looking at her nonstop throughout the entirety of the class. I tried to approach her to say my greetings but before I could even do anything, the kids were already crowding around her, and all I could do was just watch her from a distance. I was just head over heels for her since day one, but I never acted upon it. And I started leaving snacks on her little shelf where we all put our bags. I always arrived early because my parents had to work early so I would possibly arrive right on time along with the teacher. Then I would just feel proud of myself when I would see her smile after getting my snack. After seeing such a sight, it became my mission to always make it possible for her to smile. And so my secret crusade started.

I kept that little secret snack idea until we were all 5th graders, but eventually, she had to leave school because of her father's work. When she didn't show up anymore, I was so heartbroken that my parents were worried about me. I was the quietest student in the class and gone was the active student. It went on for about a few months until I ended up at 6th grade. I was still down, but I eventually got over it and continued my school for another before I had to leave as well since my dad also had work-related things to do. Hence, sadly with a heavy heart, I had to leave my school and all my friends behind. 

On my first day as a 7th grader in the new school, I was introduced to the class. As if fate had planned this, she was right there sitting by the window of the classroom. At first, I was lost in space until the teacher had to bring my attention back which earned a little laughter to spread across the room. And as I talked to introduce myself to my new friends, I turned to her and witnessing that smile of hers towards me. I smiled back for a quick second before turning my attention elsewhere. After giving my introduction, I found myself sitting 4 seats to her right. It was all a mix of emotions especially when she smiled at me like that, and I was like Did she remember me?

The first week, I would always run into her at the hall, and I would do is pass her as fast as I could after bowing my greeting with the best smile I could muster. I could be biased, but each day I saw her, she seems prettier than the last. It was a beautiful piece of art to witness. It is, of course, a rare or next to the impossible occasion to see her eat at the cafeteria because she would either eat in her office or go out. But when she does appear to eat at the cafeteria, she would be eating with the female trainees, bonding with them. If anyone didn't know that she is the CEO, they could expect that she is an idol herself since her visuals are of no joke along with her amazing figure that her clothing would always compliment on a daily basis when she is in the building. She is the embodiment of beauty, and I might be overselling it but it is what it is through my eyes of admiration for her. 

"So where are you gonna actually talk to her?" I nearly jolted off my seat as I look to my right. A best friend since we were kids, Song Kang. He is now rising in popularity actor. He usually visits my studio when he has the time and we would hang out when we have the time. And he knows all about my cross with our boss since I met him back in 7th grade.

"What?" I tried to divert my attention away from him as I continue to focus back to the computer to edit a video.

"Come on, man," He pulled a chair and sat next to me, "It's been years, and you're still not gonna talk to her? You're clearly head over heels for her, again."

"Dude, she's the boss," as much as it pains me to admit that, it is what it is, "I can't date."

"Who said that?" he scoffed and punched my shoulder, "You're both old enough to know how to be professional in your line of work then you can be all sweet behind closed doors and away from the company."

"Are you nuts?" I stopped my work and look at him, "It's gonna be a scandal for sure man, and it might harm both my career along with hers."

"There you go with your excuses again," Kang shook his head, "You always had something to say whenever I brought up things concerning her."

I sighed and leaned back into my seat, "I know, bro. It's just...."

"Stopp mannn!" he kicked my chair and pushed me away from the computer, "You stood her up already because of your lame excuses. Man up and talk to her."

******************************************************

He's got a point. I did stood her up back in 8th grade when I thought I finally found the courage to confess to her the way I had felt about her for all these years. For a whole year from the 7th grade, instead of leaving snacks, I left poems into her locker when no one was around. And of course, that earned me an amazing smile from her. Kang finally convinces me to take my chance to confess to her after a great deal of arguing on our part. It was a healthy argument since my sister was there as well. Kang had a thing for my sister since the first time he saw her, and since they were only a year apart, I had no problem with that. Well, they actually convince me to do it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter