Epilogue

I Never Told You

Epilogue

Yongsun and Wheein spent their lives together. They had the best time of their lives. Their love grew steadily, and they found great companionship with each other. Nobody in this world could tear them apart. They went through so much; it was not always peaceful.

Wheein gets jealous easily. Yongsun gets annoyed quickly. There were fights but it had never escalated to something bigger. Yongsun would always give in and apologize immediately. Wheein would make it up to Yongsun by learning how to cook Yongsun’s favourite dishes.

They complemented each other. It was like as though they were meant to be. They took their relationship further by getting married and having a family.

It took them years for people to accept them and it took them enough courage to raise a child as in a same- family. They did all they could.

-

One morning, the two lovers were in bed. They had the best time of their lives last night. Oh, Wheein got their room soundproof. Yongsun was really loud.

Just then, the door was opened; someone walked in before climbing up the bed.

“Omma, can I have one cookie?”

A little boy squeezed in between them. Wheein was stirred in her sleep when she felt two tiny hands cupped her cheeks together. She smiled before she opened her eyes. A 3-year-old boy was squashed between them; demanding for her attention.

“Who is this little one?”

“Yong-In!”

The couple adopted a little boy from the orphanage. He was a special kid. He needed help and constant medical attention. Yong-In was born with HIV. It was passed to him by his mother. They decided to name him by putting their names together. Yong from Yongsun and In from Wheein. So, they named him Yong-In.

Kim Yong-In. Yongsun decided to adopt him legally. Although the child was born with HIV but Wheein and Yongsun have been taking good care of him since he was born. They gave him all the attention and they could afford to pay for his medical bills.

The doctor told them that Yong-In was such a miracle. He had surpassed his life limit. They said he could not live beyond 1 years old, but he had just turned 3 years old a month ago.

“Cookie, Omma, cookie! Yong-In wants cookie!”

Yongsun was finally awake. She could hear giggles and Wheein was moving too much on the bed; she was awakened by the movements. She turned over and she watched with a smile as Wheein tackled Yong-In on the bed and tickled him all over.

“Mama!”

Yong-In spotted her before he crawled towards Yongsun. He sat on her tummy. Despite being 3 years old, Yong-In was a small built child.

“Good morning, darling. Good morning, wifey!”

“Mama, cookie! Yong-In hungry!”

“Have you brush your teeth yet?”

Yong-In shook his head before he pulled out his tiny toothbrush for his pocket.  Wheein laughed; this boy was really determined to eat his cookie. Yongsun kissed Wheein’s forehead and then whispered soflty.

“I love you, Mrs Kim.”

Wheein giggled.

“I love you too, Mrs Jung.”

“I’ll wash him up. Why don’t you get him his cookie?”

“Okay, do you want coffee?”

“Sure, but don’t make breakfast. Let’s head out today.”

“Okay!”

So, the usual morning routine, Wheein would make coffee and Yong-In’s breakfast while Yongsun would get their son prepared for the day. It was just like another weekend but both women found strength to face each day.

The reason why they adopted Yong-In was because they wanted the child to have a little hope to live. Yongsun even set up a foundation for such children under Byulyi’s name. Wheein was the chairman, and the couple helped many children with their expenses and medical needs. Wheein head the art classes and spent time with the children by teaching them drawing and painting.

They live a fulfilling life. They live because Byulyi allowed them to do so together. They live with Byulyi in their memories. Even Byulyi’s biker friends organised charities and events to raise funds for the children.

Yong-In finally got his cookie and sat in front of the television for his morning cartoons. Yongsun then slowly sneaked behind Wheein and wrapped her arms around her. She kissed Wheein’s left cheek tenderly.

“I never told you this.”

“Hmm?”

Yongsun smiled softly.

“I never told you how much your life means to me.”

“How much does it mean to you?”

“The reason for my existence is your life; letting me in your world and let me love you more and more.”

Wheein’s heart melted.

“I love you, Kim Yongsun.”

“I love you too, Jung Wheein.”

Then they turned to Byulyi’s portrait.

“WE LOVE YOU THE MOST, MOON BYULYI!”

-