Final - Her: Aera

25 Minutes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her heart drops when she heard what her boyfriend told her. She looks at him in disbelief as if what she heard is wrong.

No. I cannot do that. I will not do that. She thinks as her hand automatically goes over her stomach to caress it. Her tears falls rapidly as she willed herself to gather her things and stand up to leave. She will not hear him out anymore. She just can't.

"I hate you."  she says as she looks at him sharply before she turns her back and leave him alone.

She is crying inside the cab that she hailed to get home but she didn't care anymore. Her heart is breaking so much right now to think about anything less. When she reaches her home, she finds it empty, which she is thankful for. She cannot face her parents right now. She needs to calm down first before she could tell them anything.

She lies down on her bed as her hand goes over her stomach. There's still no bump visible yet but she knows there's a life inside her. She can feel it. She reaches over her bag and pulls out the paper that she should have shown to her boyfriend awhile ago when things turns out to be positively.

Fresh batch of hot tears falls down her eyes at the thought of him. She cannot believe what he told her but she cannot blame him if he chooses his career first before anything else. She understands him since she knows all the hardships he went through but she just cannot give in to what he wants.

If he doesn't want this life inside of her, it's okay. But he cannot convince her to take away its life. No, she cannot do that to this unborn child. She doesn't have the heart to take away its right to live. So whatever happens, she will let this kid live. Even if it is from that drunken night that when they both lose control of themselves.

Her thoughts are broken when she feels her phone vibrates inside her pants. She quickly pulls it out to see who is calling her. Her eyebrows knot when it is an unsave number. She decides to shrug it off at first and let the call dies but it calls again. So she picks up.

Should she really have to answer that call? Yes she needs to. But, if goes back in time and make a decision for herself again if she's going to answer it? She would definitely not do it. Because by then, she hopes that everything will change to prevent her heart and life to shutter into pieces.

"Is this Kim Aera-sshi? This is from xxx Hospital. Your parents, Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim Jaeyo get into an accident on their way back to Seoul this afternoon. We need you to come here and claim their bodies."

--

One month has past since she lost her parents, her house, her life. After her parents were buried, a bank called her to reclaim their house. Turns out her parents made a loan to the bank to send her off to college. So when they died, the bank reclaim their house to pay off their debts.

That would be okay for her, however things started to get worst starting from that. When she lost her house she decided to go to her relatives' houses to ask for a temporary place to stay. But she was immediately being kicked out once they learn that she's pregnant.

You see, she is not from a well-off family. Her family strives to work hard just to put a food on their plate at least 3 times a day. So she understands when they kicked her out. Who wants to have not just one but two additional mouth to feed right? Life is hard these days. So she decided to rent an apartment out of her small savings and work part-time while studying.

But fate really must hate her. She continues to miss her classes since she's in her first trimester in pregnancy. She's always feeling sleepy and has a very terrible morning sickness. To add to that, she needs to work at night to have money to keep herself alive. So at the end she decided to drop out of school and promises herself that she would finish it off once she has the money and time to do so. She only have one and half year left to graduate college. And she wants to graduate since its her parents dream for her.

Did she think that all of her hardships ends to that? Of course life's a that when you have a hope to continue to move forward, it will slap you with reality and crush your tiny hope. That one day, on her way to her job, she finds herself being cornered by three men.

Scared is an understatement for what she feels for when she sees those men. She didn't know them but the way they smirk and look at her makes her terrified. And when they open their mouth to talk to her, she feels like heat left her body.

Loan Sharks. 4 Million Korean Won. 1 week. Death.

She did not fully understand what they told her. Rather her brain did not comprehend them. She only picks up those those, which is enough to make her feel cold. To payoff the 4 million debt her parents loan from them in a week? She did not want to believe. But when she sees the contract her parents sign with those guys, her brain went blank.

The only solution she thinks off when that 1 week came is to give the loan sharks everything she has - the money left from her savings, her paychecks from her various part time works, and the rental deposit she got from her apartment. She has decided to leave her current apartment to get additional money from the rental deposit. She has also sold her cell phone as well as her laptop that she previously used when she was still studying but none of those are enough to pay her parents debt.

She was scared for her life. But she doesn't know any other way to accumulate such huge amount of money. So when those guys come over to collect her money, she tried to talk to them and make compromises.

However, the loan sharks didn't bulge so she decides to run. She runs as fast as she could, as far as she can. Breathing hard while holding her tummy, she can only think of being alive for her baby.

Please hang in there. is her only thought as she runs to find a safe place to hide. She is successful at first. Then in her second, third and forth attempt. She is getting good at hiding from t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter