Epilogue - Him: Kyungsoo

25 Minutes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He stares at the thing she held out to him. His hand is shaking a little bit and he is starting to get nervous. He gulps as he reached for it.

This is not what I am thinking right? He thinks for himself as he look at his girlfriend, Aera, pausing his hand in mid-air from reaching out.

"T-this... W-what is this?" he asks her, his eyes are as shaky as hers. He sees her hold the thing tightly before she reaches out for his hand suspended in the air and place the thing there.

"I-I'm sorry." she says as she closes his hand around the thing before drops her hand and lowers her gaze. She fidgets in front of him and he saw how she nibbles her fingers - a hobby they both have when they are feeling nervous.

He stares at his closed hand for minutes, contemplating what is really happening. He knows what it is, he has a gist of it, but he is scared of what he will find out. He takes a very deep breath and closes his eyes. The moment he opens them, he opens his hand as well.

His mouth opens in agape when he saw the thing that Aera puts over his hand. A white rectangular piece of plastic with two red lines showing from it - a test.

No, it can't be. Not right now, not when I'm just starting off my career. He thinks as he stares at his hand, hoping that his eyes are just playing with him. He rubs his eyes roughly in frustration, just to make sure he is seeing the thing clearly, but the same result can be seen - two red lines.

He looks back at his girlfriend in wide eyes, who is now sitting still at her chair in front of him. She is playing with her hands and looking at him, expecting any answers or reactions from him. But what can he say or do? He doesn't know.

"Ha-ha-ha, this is too e-early for an A-April fools prank Aera-yah. It's still March, and this is not that funny." he says, forcing himself to give off an awkward laugh.

His girlfriend continues to stare at him, tears are threathening to fall from her eyes but didn't say anything. They stare at each other for minutes, no one dares to say one word. The moment a tear drops from her eye, his heart sinks.

"N-no. No. Aera, how?" he asks as he shakes his head, not wanting to believe the result of the test. He ruffles his hair in frustration. Not from that one night right?

"How, l-love, answer me. Not from that night right?" he asks, voice starting to raise, his breaths shortens as he starts to panic. He looks at his girlfriend, only to see that she is now sobbing hard silently.

"I-I'm sorry oppa." is what she just says in crack voice and just continues to cry. He closes his eyes hardly in frustration, pinching the space between his eyes.

No, no. This is not happening. We are drunk that night! That was the first and last time. !

"No, no. This can't be..." he whispers as his eyes started to lose their focus. Hot tears started to fall down from his eyes. He bites his lower lip to prevent any sounds from escaping. He places his other hand on his face to hide his tears as he grasps tightly the test on his other hand.

His mind is in haywire right now, not really sure what to think but one thing is clear on his mind - his career. He drops his hand from his face and looks at his girlfriend who's head is hanging low to hide her crying face. He slowly moves closer until he can reach her hands. He holds them firmly as he gulps down the lump in his throat.

"Aera-yah..." he calls her. She looks up at him, eyes bloodshot red from crying. His heart breaks at the sight of her crying. Her tears continues to fall as her eyes reflected fears.

He watches her as he speak, as words flies from his mouth smoothly and softly but firmly. He sees how her expressions changes from being afraid to disappointment to hurt until it settles to pain.

He loves her. He truly does. He knows, in his 24 years of living, that he wants her to be his wife. But that would be when the right time comes. He knows he cannot afford to lose her but he cannot afford to lose his career either. He had undergone so much hardships to get to where he is now. He is starting to reach for his dream. So he makes a decision where he knows he can keep both his girlfriend and his career.

But fate must have hate him. His girlfriend quickly gathers her things, standing up and preparing to leave. She looks at him sharply and the words that came out from sends daggers to his heart, sending pain all over his body, making him numb for a moment.

"I hate you." that's what she before she walks away from his life - completely.

--

5 years later

"D.O.-oppa!!"

"Oppa!!"

"I love you oppa!!"

He smiles at his fans as he thanks them on his way back to their van. His last schedule for this day ends already and he can't wait to be back to his apartment to rest. Once he settles himself inside their van, he leans his back to the seat and closes his eyes.

He made it, struggling for the first years, his career starts to boom when he reaches his third year in the industry. Projects came in rush, keeping his schedule fully book for the rest of the year. Acting projects were also offered to him in that year which he gladly accepts.

Now he is at the peak of his career, 5 years later and he can finally say that he is living his dream. He is happy with what he already achieved and what he is going to achieve as his future is already planned ahead of him. But why is there still a void

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter