This is Yongguk... my boyfriend.

The strongest man can be slaved by a kiss

 

Christmas Eve came faster than expected. With winter break starting at the 20th December Yongguk and Jieun had a lot of time to spend together, usually asking Himchan and Hyosung to hang out with them. They also invited Daehyun, but the younger had to refuse because he had to work a lot around Christmas and didn't have a lot of time.

 

It is the 23rd December when Yongguk and Jieun walk through the streets, holding hands and admiring their surroundings. Around Christmas the streets of Seoul were a total winter wonderland, and basically everyday there was some festival or street party taking place. It's late when Jieun watches a little girl get some sweets from her parents before looking at her boyfriend.

 

Are you going to see your parents tomorrow?”

 

Unfortunately not”, Yongguk sighs. “They live too far away from Seoul. I'll drive down at the end of February during our short vacation... What about you?”

 

Actually.... I wanted to invite you”, Jieun smiles. “I'll spend Christmas Eve with my family here in Seoul and they all want to meet you.”

 

What, really?”

 

Yes, especially my dad! Ever since I told him that you love basketball he wants to talk with you about his favorite team...”

 

Which team?”

 

The Seoul Samsung Thunders.”

 

I have to meet your family.”

 

 


 


 

 

 

The next morning Himchan is confronted by his best friend behaving like a headless chicken. While the younger is eating his French Toast Yongguk would come into the small kitchen every few minutes wearing a different outfit for Himchan to judge. The latter rolls his eyes when Yongguk enters the room again wearing a black suit with a white shirt and a black tie this time.

 

What about this?”

 

Who are you, one of the Blues Brothers?”

 

Too much?”

 

Slightly, Mister Smith... YAH, PUT YOUR PANTS BACK ON! I'm eating!”

 

Deciding to go for a pair of plain black jeans and a simple black shirt with long sleeves the older is finally eating his breakfast with Himchan watching him over his cup of coffee when Yongguk phone rings.

 

Hey baby”, he picks up and Himchan rolls his eyes, blinking rapidly while fanning himself some air with his left hand and pretending to faint, causing Yongguk to turn away from him. “No, I'll come over... I have it... yes, 7pm...yeah, I love you too...”

 

Can I have some spaghetti with that cheese?”, Himchan grins, earning himself a slap on the back of his head after Yongguk puts down the phone again. “Ouch, hyung... you seriously need some anger-management...”

 

 


 


 

 

 

HIMCHAN, GO OPEN THE DOOR!”

 

I'M IN THE FRIGGIN' BATHROOM YOU HEAD, YOU GO OPEN IT!!”

 

Hmph, fine...”

 

Getting up from the couch Yongguk walks over to the door, opening it. The sight in front of him surprises him and he's barely able to stifle his laughter.

 

Oh, Daehyun... may I... uh, help you?”, he chuckles, but the death glare from the younger boy shuts him up.

 

Don't laugh or I'll shove my foot down your throat”, Daehyun growls, tugging uncomfortably at his sequined party suit. “This wasn't my idea, to begin with.”

 

Then... do you wanna come in?”

 

I don't have time, sorry”, the younger sighs, opening his funky rucksack and taking out two envelopes, handing them over to Yongguk. “Invitations for the New Year's Party at the park... it's hosted by my family every year. We're giving these out to regular customers and I figured you might want to come too. You can bring someone else on your invitation...”

 

That's awesome, we haven't even made plans for New Year's yet, thanks!”, Himchan says all of a sudden from behind Yongguk, snatching one of the invitations out of his hands.

 

Great, because you'll get free drinks with this invitation and free food if you win certain games. It's fun, believe me!”

 

Free drinks, okay, I think we'll come then”, Yongguk grins and Daehyun smiles, bowing slightly before leaving again.

 

 


 


 

 

 

Standing in front of Jieun's house Yongguk feels his face heat up. He would now meet her parents. Her PARENTS. That was a huge step in their relationship and he's never been so afraid of messing up and , why is it so hot all of a sudden it wasn't supposed to be so hot in December and-

 

Yongguk!”

 

Jieun's happy voice rips him out of his thoughts again and he smiles as she basically jumps into his arms as he kisses her forehead.

 

You're a bit early, that's great! Come in!”

 

Being dragged into the house Yongguk smiles taking in the new surroundings. The house of family Song is warm and comfortable and feels familiar, a place where one would immediately feel at home. It was a nice mix of traditional Korean and modern western elements with mixed perfectly. He likes it. A second later Jieun opens a door and they step into the living room. An older couple and two kids look up at them and Yongguk inhales, but Jieun is faster.

 

Mom, Dad, Danhyuk, Nari... this is Yongguk... my boyfriend.”

 

For a few seconds, the family stares at him and Yongguk feels like dying here and right now. It's the little girl, Nari, who breaks the silence first by jumping towards him and tugging at his hand.

 

Oppa, do you think unicorns are real?”

 

Yongguk is too stunned to say anything and the rest of the family laughs, causing him to look up surprised. He instinctively grabs Mr. Song's held out hand and shakes it, bowing as deeply as her could.

 

No need to try and drop through the floor, son”, the man laughs and Yongguk smiles before Mrs. Song's hug pretty much knocks the wind out of his lungs.

 

Oh boy, look like our daughter inherited my good taste”, the women laughs, letting him go and patting his cheek with a smile.

 

Mom, Dad, please stop embarrassing me”, Jieun whines, carrying her five year old sister and looking at Danhyuk. “Danny, why don't you say hello?”

 

Hello”, the twelve years old says carefully, not looking at Yongguk, but the older notices the t-shirt the boy is wearing.

 

Hello Danny”, he says crouching to come face to face with the sulking kid, pulling out his cell phone and switching through some pictures. “Wanna have a look at a picture of Tiger JK and me?”

 

The boy's eyes go wide.

 

You met Tiger JK?”, he asks, immediately coming closer and grabbing the phone to look at the picture. “That's so awesome!”

 

He comes to my school sometimes.”

 

Unnie, you never told me that!”, he whines, accusingly staring at his older sister who smiles.

 

I didn't know, I'm not taking rap class! But, Yongguk... could you take these two to the bathroom to wash up before we eat?”

 

Oh, eh... sure...”

 

Carefully picking up Nari Yongguk gets a short explanation on how to find the bathroom before he leaves the living room with Danhyuk trailing behind still holding Yongguk's phone. Carefully shoving both kids into the bathroom he is being bombarded with questions as soon as he puts Nari down on the floor.

 

Oppa, Danhyuk says unicorns aren't real, is that true? Oppa, what's your favorite color? Oppa, I'm going to miss my favorite show this evening, can you make them send it again tomorrow?”

 

Unable to answer the questions as fast as they're being thrown at him Yongguk could only smile, but the little girl didn't really seem to care. Taking his cell phone out of Danhyuk's hands he washes him up too before leading them back and into the dinner room, where a nice meal is already set up on the table.

 

That... that looks awesome”, Yongguk smiles as they all sit down to eat.

 

The traditional Korean Christmas dinner consists of sweet potato noodles, rice cake soup. bulgogi and kimchi and is definitely one of the most delicious things Yongguk ever got to eat. He lost count of how often he praised Mrs. Song for her cooking and every time it would result in another funny or heartwarming story about the family, especially Jieun, causing her do blush heavily and Yongguk to treasure every little thing he learned about her. They talk and laugh a lot until they're all finished and ready to clean up. Yongguk volunteers to clean the dishes and Jieun helps drying them while her parents and younger siblings return to the living room to watch the annual Busan Christmas Parade in Busan.

 

As they clean the dishes in silence Yongguk keeps on smiling until Jieun can't take it anymore and turns around towards him.

 

Are you laughing about me?”

 

No, I would never do that”, Yongguk grins and she puffs her cheeks.

 

Then why are you grinning like that?”

 

I just really... like your family... they're nice people.”

 

I find them embarrassing at times...”

 

Every child does.”

 

Yes, but... some things they told you...”

 

Oh, for example that your favorite toy was your dad's toolbox and that you wanted to become a mechanic as a child?”

 

Shut up...”

 

I think that's cute.”

 

No, really... shut up.”

 

Ignoring the towel that hit his face Yongguk smiles and pulls her into a tight hug, kissing her forehead before she struggles free and beams at him.

 

Let me show you our rooftop garden! It's beautiful!”

 

 


 


 

 

 

It's late and dark already when they step into the roof and Yongguk immediately admires the view. He isn't that fond of flowers and plants, even a cactus would die if he had to take care of it, but he likes the way a well grown garden could look and the rooftop garden of family Song is something special because the various plants and flowers and small bushes are illuminated by the lights of the city surrounding it. Shoving his hands into his pockets he walks around a bit, smiling.

 

It's really nice... do you care for it?”

 

My mother, mostly”, Jieun says, walking next to him and locking her right arm with his left, smiling slightly at the thought. “She teaches me whenever I have time, though. I really like coming up here whenever I want to be alone a bit.”

 

Am I too much?”

 

Jieun smiles and slightly pokes his rips.

 

Sometimes, maybe?”

 

Jieun...”

 

Hm?”

 

She looks up at him as they stop at the railing and Yongguk hesitates for a second before letting go of her and turning so that they're facing each other. For a second he quietly admires how beautiful she looks with the colorful bright lights of Seoul before he talk again.

 

Uh... we've been dating for some time now and since it's Christmas Eve I want to... give you a special present...”

 

She smiles and he inhales to continue.

 

Well, uh... usually I'm good with written words but, eh... this time... I tried to... uh... well, I wrote you a letter... but... eh... unfortunately I think I... forgot it at home”, he coughs awkwardly as she giggles behind her hand. “So, ah... I'm going to just... talk and please... don't laugh if I mess up, okay?”

 

She nods and tries not to giggle anymore as he clears his throat, turning his head to the right to look at Seoul.

 

You know, I'm happy to have this opportunity to be with you all the time... I really am, because then I can see you smile. I... I like it when you smile... no, I love it. I love the way you smile carefully when something was funny. I love the way you bite your lower lip when you think about something. I love the way you put so much emotion into your singing”, he sighs and looks at her again his neck awkwardly. “I'm not good at expressing my feelings and... you often laugh about that, but I don't care. As long as you laugh, my world's okay, you know? Jieun, sometimes you're confusing me, because... well, music has always been a possibility to express myself, but now? I want to sing you a love song, but my voice is too lame to make it sound nice and pleasant and I'm afraid that I'd mess up the lyrics, so I stay quiet. I'm good at dancing, I have rhythm and groove and stuff, but in front of you? I want to dance for you, dance with you, but I just tremble all the time and I'm unable to keep calm when I'm close to you, so I avoid looking at your pretty face, even if it hurts. I'm not very talkative, but that's because I really think about things before I say anything, and now? I want to tell you all my feelings, but I just forget every word when there's an opportunity and my voice cracks when I start talking to you... so I keep my mouth shut.”

 

Yongguk...”

 

No, wait... if I don't say it now I'm afraid I'll never again be brave enough to do it... so... uh... I actually... I just want to tell you that without you I would be nothing. I... I can't imagine having to live without you ever again and... you know, just when you're around I feel like nothing could bring me down and it's so perfect. So I just want to give you”, he stops and shoves his hand into his pocket again, pulling out a small black box. “I want to give you... uh... well, I bought us... couple rings.”

 

Holding the small box he opens it, revealing two slim plain silver rings and Jieun inhales deeply, her hands covering as she stares at Yongguk. The latter takes the smaller of the rings and holds it awkwardly before carefully taking his girlfriend's slender right hand and places the ring on her ring finger. Taking the other ring out of the box he slips it over his own right ring finger before carefully smiling at Jieun again. She's seemingly lost in her thoughts, admiring the ring on her finger until she looks up at Yongguk again.

 

It's... it's beautiful...”

 

I'm glad you like it... something small to remind you of my love for you when I'm not around. Take it of and check what's written inside.”

 

Jieun complies, tilting the ring a bit to be able to read the small inscription on the inside.

 

I'm glad I met you...”

 

It's the truth.”

 

Jieun smiles, slipping the ring back on before throwing her arms around Yongguk's neck. He immediately hugs her and she tilts her head slightly to close his lips with hers.

 

 


 

 

First of all... I want to apologize for taking so long to update ;~; I'm really really really sorry! But this chapter is just really... cheesy lol, and I kinda had a problem figuring out a way not to write total XD But here it is now, the almost-last chapter! This finishes the Yongguk/Jieun storyline, by the way... and WARNING! The next chapter will be gay, so if you don't like boy on boy, you shouldn't read on! But if you want to know how (and with whom) Daehyun's life works out, keep reading please! I have the chapter half written, so the next update shouldn't take so long XD

So far I want to thank you all for reading and commenting on my very first hetero fanfic! Because I will (most probably) never write hetero again, unless for some random drabble about something I really ship lol... sorry~ My brain is made for gay love, it seems o..O

PS: If you notice any spelling/plot/structure mistakes, let me know! I reread this twice, but if you look at it for too long some mistakes simply disappear from your view OTL

PPS: Also, you should have a look at my list of random B.A.P plot ideas! I know that I already started two other fanfics, but I made a list for myself to keep track of the best ideas that come to my mind <3