The Scent Of Flower

The Scent Of Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Scent Of Flower

You woke up to the sound of your alarm excited for another positive day. Opening your eyes softly as you extended your hands, turning off your alarm. You sighed gently as you stared out the window debating what to wear for work. This week was extremely important for you since you have been an intern for almost a month and this was the last week to prove you deserve the job. Arriving early, buying coffee for everyone, and been extremely sweet to all the customers. You stood up as you went to take a warm shower, then you went to your closet you put on a simple red shirt, a black skirt, and black heels. You were happy working at a Victorian shop; it wasn’t just any shop; it was the only shop known in Korea that even celebrities would show up. You look at your wall as you had posters of different Korean artists, but you were in love with Junmyeon {Suho} from EXO. In the back of your mind, you thought, if I had a man like that I would be happy. You had seen some members of EXO going to the store, but your manager was a huge EXO fan and she always took care of them. The only time you saw your man crush was from afar, since every other seller wanted to flirt with him. You sighed gently as you brush your long brown curly hair; you pouted as you stared into the mirror, wishing you were more beautiful to get noticed. Some girls in the shop would get notice quick, but you were in the middle of them always. You went to your kitchen as you kept your mind busy. If you weren’t confident, you might not even get the job. Then again, most of the girls love to gossip and you had heard that some would hang out with the manager and they were for sure getting the job. It made you feel insecure; you didn’t enjoy going out to parties, and you always stayed home. Always being a professional at work and tried to be sweet to everyone and be equal to all of them. You drank your warm coffee as you frown a bit; you were getting older. Most girls would party hard and do other adventurous things, yet you enjoy the simple things in life. You finished drinking your coffee as you got your purse and car keys, then you ran to your car to get on it. Noticing the sky was dark it was going to rain hard; you were opening the shop today, and you had a feeling it would not be full because of the weather.

As you drove to work your manager calls you, you stared at your phone and when you reach a stoplight; you answer her. She coughs on the phone sounded badly sick; she tells you that half of the girls and herself got sick of going out the day before. Today you would be alone in the shop. You told her you could handle it since you were confident of your job. She told you some Korean artists would pick up their deliveries, and they needed to be packed. You smile gently, telling her not to worry, that you had it under control. As soon as you hung up, you sighed a bit in relief. Today you would do your best and it might show off later. When you arrived at the store, you went inside quickly. You look for a better carpet to put on the front door that way if someone would come in they wouldn’t wet the floor. Then you open the curtains and put on the open sign as you saw the raindrops falling from the sky. You sighed softly as you went to a corner of the store warming boiling water in case a customer wanted tea. The bell ring as you turned around to see a woman walking in. You bowed softly, smiling gently. You're said your greetings and offer her tea to warm her up from the cold weather outside. She looked at you a bit amused; you thought little of it. She walked around the store, observing the beautiful antics. Two other figures enter the store as you greeted them, offering them tea. They both decline polity as they looked around the store. The lady kept observing you from afar; you kept dusting softly with a napkin and cleaning a few teacups. Three unfamiliar faces walked in as you look up at them and your face turned red. It was him in person. Junmyeon walked in with Jongin and Sehun. The three males were starring around the store amused with all the cool things they have been selling. You smile softly, giving them a soft greeting and then offering them tea. They accepted it since they got wet. You prepared the tea for them, crooning. The lady walked over to you asking you question about the store; you answered them with a sweet, caring voice. She smiled a bit; you treated everyone the same, no one got special treatment, and she admired that. 

You gave the three males their drinks as you walked over to the lady showing her a few items; you gave her the history behind them and their years. Everyone in the store paid attention to you in amusement. The way you express yourself was extremely polite and informative. You even smile to make sure they were listening. Then the lady picked up a few items and bought them. The other two customers grab a few things and also bought them. You waved softly at them, asking them to come again soon. The three boys were starring at your none stop, they observe your every move, even after the customers left, you didn’t acknowledge them. You gave them their space. If they needed something, they could call you. Jongin walked to the counter as he called for you, you walked over smiling gently. The elder took off his glasses as he gave you a soft smile. He then gave you a ticket. He came to pick up an order as you nodded, taking the ticket you read through the numbers and ask him to wait. You went to the back as you heard the three of them gossiping; you sighed softly, thinking they were talking about you. Junmyeon and Sehun both stared at Jongin with a small smirk.

“So...you going to let her see your cute teddy bear?” Junmyeon teased.

“S-Shut up, Hyung!” Jongin face reddens.

“Aww, he’s so adorable,” Sehun teased.

“I hate both of you,” Jongin scuffed as he rubs the back of his neck.

“She is cute though,” Sehun smiled “You guys were not joking” 

“I know,” Junmyeon smile “I might buy something and ask her to give me details” He smirked a bit.

“N-No” Jongin turned to face Junmyeon “I told you guys she’s off-limits...” he spoke nervously

“Common Jongin, we all know you was crushing on this chick the whole month and she doesn’t acknowledge you.” Sehun rolled his eyes “Just ask her out” 

“I was going to that today, but you both had to come along,” Jongin glared at s. 

“Hey, I wanted to see her too,” Junmyeon chuckle.

The three of them stood silent when you walked out with the box. You smile softly as you handed Jongin the box. The younger smiled softly as he looked inside and his eyes sparkle. You giggled a bit as the elder took out a 1995 collectible bear made of old wood and carved to perfection. Jongin space out starring at it, you smile widely as you thought it was adorable. At that moment three other workers arrived they were supposed to be off, but they got told they could come in if they wanted to. Since they knew EXO members would be around, they hurry to be there and as soon as they saw you helping them they interrupted you, pushing you out of the sale. You frown a bit at how disrespectful they were behaving. Frowning at seeing Junmyeon flirting with the other seller back and it broke your heart. You sighed softly, cleaning the store again. Jongin didn’t like the sellers at all, Junmyeon was trying to be polite and Sehun ignores the woman in front of him, not caring much. They tried to ask them for you again, but they just talk about you and that didn’t click with them. Jongin paid for his stuff and left with the other members, they didn’t like a woman who gossips about others and was disrespectful. The girls bullied you a lot they told you to clean and dust even their stuff. Customers were coming in, and seeing them mistreat you, they didn’t like that at all. They only spend three hours in the store, then they left you to handle the rest of the work. You work all day and you felt drained. By the end of the day, you were happy to be off the next day. You saw the door open, seeing your manager sick and angry. You frown a bit as she started yelling at you; she told you she got tons of calls from a customer saying a female was being rude. Tried to explain it wasn’t you, but the other girls never confirm they were going to the store, so she didn’t believe you. At that moment someone walked in, but the manager didn’t hear. She told you she only used you for the internship program, that you were not beautiful enough to flirt with customers, and being good wouldn’t get you anywhere. You pouted a bit you felt the day was just not good for you. Your manager turns to see Jongin with a bouquet of pink roses. She fixes her hair and told you to get lost.

You nodded as you grab your grab walking out of the store; you went inside your car and cried your eyes out covering your face. Your insecu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter