Chapter 2

THE VANISHED

Erica POV

The meadow… looks dead!

 Once the beautiful wedding venue that brimmed with joy and life, seems to be vanished…like a mirage in a dessert, the illusion disappeared. And the entire place is now full of Dying grass and the clearing is blanketed by dense fog which makes hard to see anything! With my heart beats peaking high, I look around to search for him! Foolishly lost!

Baekhyun! My sound echoes in the dead silence of the clearing, ringing in every direction. I roam around not even stopping for a second, peering through the mist!

I don’t know how many hours have passed. Then I saw the large pine tree, something about it makes me to move towards the tree. And i froze on seeing the familiar body lying breathlessly on the cold ground under the pine tree. I rush towards him, kneeling beside his body. The pine tree is shielding his face which seems to become pale losing its usual warm tone; There he is lying without a speck of dust on him, his shirt still white as the midsummer clouds, his honeyed hair shining with sweat. His face looks lifeless, there’s a crash of million thoughts in my mind.

 With trembling hand, I touched his face, he is cold!

My breath stopped, my vision blurred with tears, my voice eluded with a crack “Baekhyun!” I called him repeatedly despite of my dry throat! But there is no response!

My heart ached with immense pain; I flush myself in his once warm chest. Tears flowing like a stream, wetting is icy white shirt. Hugging his cold body, I cried….

then I hear the faint beating sounds of his heart, it stopped my agonized mind! I push myself hard against his chest, seeking the blinking sounds to reassure myself that it’s not another illusion. The beating sounds are real, and on feeling the little puff of breaths he left, relief surged in to me giving a hope.

I held is face once again in my palms, calling him to wake up!

The slight sizzle sound of needle leaves gave me a warning of an oncoming presence!

I heard the faint sounds of Rushing footsteps!  chasing or being chased! I concentrate on the sounds around me, letting my eyes to roam the surrounding hurriedly in full alert!  The wave of icy wind sends a cold shiver, that rush through my veins!

Feeling something behind me, I instantly turn back! suddenly My eyes are enclosed in sudden darkness, I felt a dead weight land on me. Instilling severe pain in my bones and knocking the breath out of me! I left a shrill sound!

But miraculously after few seconds, the dead weight is off of me! Galloping the air harshly, I crack open my eyes!

The face of grinning Kai greeted me; His caramel skin smeared in dirt!

 “Thought, we will never come!” kai gave his hand and pulled me up.

 I got up still breathing harshly catching as much air I need. At the sudden grating sound from the side, I turn and catch a sight of Sehun, who is putting up a fight with the creature which as snow white coat contrasting with the mist, its eyes are gleaming in Red like a hot iron, the long fangs are out for blood ‘A Wolf’.

My flustered mind is hit by the realization of someone left in the cold ground! Immediately my eyes scanned for him.

 Baekhyun is still lying under the pine tree. But now with Amy sitting beside him, her small palms holding the temples of Baekhyun’s head carefully. She is staring at his face intensely, and I was shocked to see a flash of glistening hue of dark purple in her mid-night eyes.

“Amy” I called her. She looks up at me, the purple in her pupils are vanished without a trace and she seemed tired. Then I hear the sudden coughing sounds, I immediately look down! Baekhyun is breathing with his eyes flutter open!

Still perplexed by the events that happened! I move forward towards him, shouting his name “Baekhyun!”.

 Baekhyun sat up and he is still catching air. With a concerned urgency I held his shoulder; his face is pale but alive! With a relief surged in to me, I embrace him tightly. Feeling how lost I felt without him…

The Sudden sound of someone clearing their throat breaks the moment between me and Baekhyun. I look up to see Sehun standing awkwardly with seemingly amused Kai beside him. And now the dead wolf near their feet.

“Let him catch his breath Erica.” – Kai said with amusement sparkling in his eyes, and annoyingly grinning like a kid that is getting his first Christmas gift.

I staggered back immediately releasing Baekhyun from my hug! And Baekhyun seemed to be in a daze; there’s a hint of dusky pink staining is pale face.

On seeing him fully awake, Amy’s lips bloomed in a full smile and she crashed in to him. Baekhyun let out a strained yelp from the sudden small impact!

“What happened?” said Sehun directing a question towards me. Then only the gush of memories cascades down in my mind.  They clash together completing the puzzle. It reminds me,

 “mission” I let out, gawking back at Sehun.

“what...?” Sehun said furrowing his brows, further confused!

“we waited for you to come back with Baekhyun, Erica.” Kai said and he continued on gazing my face. On hearing no response from me, he continued “After you rush in back in to the forest, for the second time! We called you and waited for few seconds, but suddenly we felt the unknown weight off from us, then we are able to step in to the land. And we begin to trace you”. kai left a sigh, the previous amusement have gone, now the confusion taking over his features, he asked me “what is happening here Erica?”

That’s what am curious about too! I thought to myself…

All of a sudden Amy held my fingers, I look down at her. She is staring at me intensely I felt like my soul is being read. I melted in to her dark eyes… again the tint of purple is flashing in her eyes.

 “we have to move quick” Amy’s words cut down everyone’s thoughts.

Her hasten words registered in my mind, I look up at both Kai and Sehun.

 “I will explain to you later, now let’s leave!” directing the words especially towards Sehun.

 I stare back at Amy, she is pulling my hand to move, I let myself to follow her. My mind in utter confusion with dawning realization and the events happened.

And Baekhyun is unable to walk properly with his fatigued state, so Kai held the weakened Baekhyun!

With Sehun standing our back like a protective shield, we moved in to the woods.