Chapter 3

THE VANISHED

Erica POV

 

“From the start, this mission seems to be a trick!” Sehun whispered closing around us. Eyes still in full alert and his body ready to defend!

“Well done, Sherlock! What now … are we in sci-fi!?” Kai’s blabber gaining a glare and harsh jab from Sehun.

Pushing and Suppressing their bickering back in my mind. I tried to arrange the jumbled thoughts in my mind chronologically!

 “yes, we accept the invitation from palace Roseling. We met the old man clad in archetypal suit, his gold tooth twinkle in a creepy smile.

The best offer is provided to us for retrieving his lost ship in the midst of Rezaryal Sea. The quest is perilous but the offer outweighs the risks, so we accept the offer! Our expedition begins there.

We search around a week in the middle of Rezaryal sea. The sea named for missing ships that never to be found “what’s lost, vanish without a trace!”.

Then we are stricken by the heavy storm, which landed us in an unknown island.

First Baekhyun left the ship to explore the island in search of the nearby water source and edible foods like fruits and vegetables, with a time limit set for an hour.

 Baekhyun didn’t return after an hour! Again, after three hours of waiting and not hearing from Baekhyun, I left the ship in search of Baekhyun....

 then what is it! Why I stand there in nothingness? Why I didn’t remember this before?... why I blanked out in the beginning? what is this feeling…. the feel of constant dread! Why am so anxious & in rush  ... for what?!... Apart from our current state!” after this flurry of events why i….

Suddenly I felt a squeeze around my palm, waking me up from my train of thoughts. On looking down the little hand holding my palm, I was graced by the tiny smile of Amy, her dark eyes trying to convey… this kid... What’s with her!.. That tinge of purple? .. I stared in to her eyes.

 The sudden stillness made me to look up and I found Kai and Sehun staring at me. Both of them seem confused.

 Kai opened his mouth to say something... but Sehun’s glare stopped him.

 “let’s move” Sehun said. I sighed and gave him a node. we moved forward in quite silence, with ears and eyes all alert!  

 As the time runs, Heavy mist begin to cloud our path. The sky shade with soft orange and red giving hints of upcoming dusk. We walked for long hours crossing trees and pile of dry leaves.

Searching for the way back to our ship, but all the paths seem to be disappeared.

We are lost and the mist is starting to increase with time. we are totally drained out! With dry throat and chapped lips we continued to walk.

With Kai dragging the unconscious Baekhyun who fainted along the way. Amy is dozing off on Sehun’s back with her hands dangling over his shoulder. Her head safely tucked in the crook of Sehun’s neck.  sehun is the only one who can still hold himself among us.

 My legs also seem to give off… And my mind is still trying to remember the way.

“We have to settle down for the night!” Sehun finally said with a sigh.

At his words we all stopped. I agree with him immediately, the burning feel of my Body that itotally worn out, seeks the rest it need.

Kai placed Baekhyun on the root of a nearby tree. Still in bent position, kai let out a heavy sigh; the effect of bearing the weight of a man over the long time taking over his body! His coffee brown hair falling over his face, meeting his sweaty eye brows.

Baekhyun is still half conscious with traces of sweat covering his face, he seems alive and recovering well with time.

 Sehun seems to be still standing strong! But his cloths that is sticking to his skin, His dry lips and body smudged with mud and blood. The torn cloths hanging on his torso showing the traces of his heavy fight with the wolf that he fought few hours ago and the exhale of his hard breaths convey his worn-out state.

As for Amy, her petty body is completely drained out. Her buff colored dress covered in dirt gliding in wind. Both of her little soles covered is black mud and both of her legs are held carefully in sehun hands. Her small hairs sticking up from her braided brown locks. She is still in deep sleep with tiredness gracing her soft features.

 And I took a moment for myself, taking lungs full of cold air, I exhale. My every breath turning in to a smoke. Everyone is exhausted!

“do you hear that?” suddenly Kai said. And I look up at him ‘his eyes’ that crazy gleam in his eyes.

 Years of being with him and reading him at his every crazy episode thought me one thing “trouble”!

“KAI” Sehun called …

“Water” Kai whispered his brows frown up in concentration, the sudden excitement that flow in his worn-out body is obvious! Then suddenly like a falcon flying across the wide sky, he is running towards a direction, jumping over the rocks and crossing the trees.

 “KAI!” I shouted, causing Amy to wake up. Her little eyes widen with confusion.

 I run after Kai, after a minute of chasing him. I found Kai standing still, like he is frozen.

I rush towards him and Grabbing his arm I turn him around harshly.

 “stupid” I shouted at his face, but he still looks stunned. He turned back to face the same spot again, “what is happening with him?!” my mind screams at me on his change of behavior.

with confusion and curiosity overtaking my senses, I look after the direction, he is looking at.

There! The scenic beauty of running stream took my breath away! And the lush green plants greeted my sore eyes are such a feast.

 Soon the sounds of Amy’s footsteps reached my ears, I look back to see Amy walking towards me with Sehun who is holding the half-conscious Baekhyun. They both joined us.

“His instinct never goes wrong, huh?” Sehun murmured with a exhale, but I can still see the amusement in his tired face.