Night Part Two

A Field of Dandelions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Take my hand, take my whole life too

For I can’t help falling in love with you

 

Yuqi and Shuhua had hidden behind the kitchen peninsula so as to not get seen by the unsuspecting victim.  

“Okay. Plan A?” Shuhua whispered, making motions with her hands that seemed to have something to do with the proposed plan. 

“No no, there’s people around her. We’ll have to go with plan D.” Yuqi made an X with her hands, shaking her head. 

“Okay, we’ll need some stuff then.” Shuhua gave her a thumbs up, fully planning an all-out attack. 

Yuqi nods along and gets up from the floor. They did their secret handshake which consisted of playing rock-paper-scissors, linking their right arm in a V-pose, and calling out peace with their hushed voices. Smiling side by side like this, they finished their beer and fist bumped each other. 
 

Like a river flows,

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes

Some things are meant to be

 

The girls have taken several more shots by now and everyone’s become more intoxicated except Soojin who seems to be the most sober despite sharing the same amount of alcohol. 
Minnie’s laying her head on Miyeon’s lap as Miyeon gently brushes her hair, watching her eyelashes flutter softly into slumber. 
Soojin took this moment to get up from her seat to grab a bottle of water from the kitchen to clear her head. She was starting to feel the buzz creep up on her, her vision slightly getting blurry. 

Maybe she wasn’t as sober as she thought.  

 

“Thank you guys. For always believing in me..” Soyeon confessed, looking at her empty shot glass. Anytime alcohol is in her system, Soyeon never fails to say how much she appreciates her friends. Growing up as that “weird” kid, she was constantly judged and rejected for her ideas. She didn’t care about trends or needing to act cool to impress people. Rather, she was straightforward and blunt about her opinions which had caused a lot of people to misunderstand, resulting in Soyeon to be an outcast and a loner throughout her adolescence. 
Soyeon lifted her head up to look at her friends, a warm sensation flowing from the tips of her fingers and into her once cold heart. These are the people she would cherish for the rest of her life. 

While watching them from afar, Soojin suddenly felt disconnected. Soyeon was wiping a tear that had fallen down and then they were hugging, drunkenly laughing.  
They felt close. A connection that Soojin had never experienced. She was the last person to enter the group, afterall. 
It had only been a year and a half when she met Soyeon in their last year of high school. 


 

Flashback

 

School had ended an hour ago, and she was arguing with her boyfriend in an empty classroom. 

 

“You don’t love me, do you?” The guy a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter