Night Part One

A Field of Dandelions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Loud music blaring, crowds gathered in the living room.
“Shots! Shots!” Someone was shouting. Shuhua could barely hear what Yuqi was trying to tell her. She smiles and nods unknowingly, a bit fazed as she holds onto her almost empty red cup. 

Yuqi was tapping her shoulder, a big goofy smile on her face. She was pointing to her phone, mouthing words that Shuhua couldn’t simply comprehend. 

“I got it ! “ Yuqi’s voice was suddenly increasing. It had finally become clear after several more times of shaking Shuhua to stay awake. She was shouting in excitement, repeating those words as if they were her last. She jumps, fist bumping the air and holding her phone closely to her chest. 

The world seemed to be spinning. In order to stop herself from puking, Shuhua was taking deep breaths, inhaling from her nose and out from . Inhale. Exhale. Looking down, Shuhua notices that she’s missing her left shoe. She’s also holding onto a folded piece of paper that she doesn’t quite remember where she received it from.  

 

How the hell did we get into this predicament? 


 

Two hours ago 


 

“Minnie says it will be just a small house party,” Yuqi said as they stepped foot right outside of Minnie’s house. Upon reaching the door, Yuqi realizes how extremely wrong she was. Show lights were hanging on the outside walls, mixing bands of colours into intricate patterns. A rainbow flag lay loosely on a santa sock that had been nailed on the front door. 
A guy with a faux hawk and leather jacket suddenly came out, puking on a nearby bush. Yuqi recognizes him to be the vice president of the music club. She turned in her participation form to him, afterall. With the opened door, music was blasting from the speakers inside and a disco ball lit up the inside of the living room. After emptying his stomach, he sticks his right thumb out to them. He gives the two girls a wink and passes out on the floor.

“Eh..hehe..” Yuqi tried to laugh it off as she looked back at Shuhua who was now displaying a clearly disgusted face. 

Despite their first impression, most of the crowd had gathered in the backyard. A few girls lingered around the kitchen, lightly conversing about their majors. Minnie’s photographs lay undisturbed on the walls and several figurines were still neatly placed, surprisingly. Being popular and nice must come with a lot of perks. Everyone seems to respect her, in a good way. 
On the countertop lay a massive bowl of what could be assumed as “jungle juice” - a mix of alcohol of god knows what. Yuqi passed Shuhua a red cup filled with beer, not wanting to touch any bit of the jungle juice. 

“Cheers~ “ She lightly tapped Shuhua’s cup with hers and took a sip with Shuhua following along. 

Shuhua immediately made a disgruntled face. She will never get used to the taste of beer no matter how many times she’s drank - which is to say, it isn’t a lot. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter