Passing memories

A Field of Dandelions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Continuation of Shuhua's POV: 

" The party officially starts at 9pm, and there's no dresscode! " 1:21 pm qiqi 🦒 

" But bring a sweater! It might be cold out, so it's better to be safe than sorry! " 1:21 pm qiqi 🦒 

"Okay, thanks for the heads up." I texted Yuqi as I got up from my bed to go wash my face. 

The day has only begun. 

I slipped into a comfortable green Thrasher T-shirt that had been gifted to me by Yuqi's mom for my birthday last year. I matched it with my favorite white adidas sweatpants. I've worn it so many times that it looks old and weary, but I never found the courage to throw it away. I mean, it hasn't ripped yet right? It would be pointless to throw something that still works. 

I walked over to my kitchen to prepare a bowl of ramyeon for myself. One of my go-to favorites, easy to make and doesn't require a lot of time. 
I wasn’t a great cook to begin with. I still don’t know how to properly cook, but as long as it’s edible I’ll be able to survive right? So I never had the motivation to learn more than what I needed to know to survive.
Besides, being in school full-time and working part-time doesn’t give me a lot of time to explore my cooking abilities. Yuqi often comes over as well. She brings a lot of food and always restocks my pantry. I guess me being a few months younger than her, she wants to take the responsibility of making sure I’m okay and eating well. 

“Also, I’m coming over in 10 minutes! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ “ 1:33 pm qiqi 🦒 

Speak of the Devil. I chuckled to myself. She was probably worried that I’m not going to have a proper meal again. Which is true, considering that I’m having ramyeon for the third day in a row. Yuqi’s love language is food. She always makes sure her friends have enough money for food and usually treats people.
This kind and easygoing personality trait of hers also made her easy to talk to so she has a lot more friends than I do, plus her husky voice definitely adds a charm to her cute face. Unfortunately, because of her  sincere and naive perspective, many people have taken advantage of her.
I, however, plainly do not care about people’s opinions of me so whenever Yuqi gets mistreated, I make sure to protect her. That was how our dynamic worked through all these years.
My best friend. 



 

DING! DING! 

I opened the door to find a smiling Yuqi with bags of food on both hands.
(a/n: yuqi and shuhua will mostly be speaking in mandarin when they are alone to themselves)

“I got us something to eat! Thai curry ~ “ Yuqi lifted one of the bags so I could smell the aroma.

“Wow, this smells delicious!” I excitedly helped her with the groceries and placed it on the kitchen countertop.

“Were you going to eat ramyeon AGAIN? I told you so many times that this isn’t going to be good for you, “ Yuqi looked over to the pot filled with noodles and the unopened sauce packets.

“Honestly? I could eat ramyeon every day, but you never allow me too, “ I prepared us plates and utensils so that we can sit by the couch and eat comfortably. 

Yuqi scoffed. She knew I could be just as stubborn as her so it was best to not make pointless arguments. She grabbed some cups and sat with me on the couch.
Sitting side by side like this and eating together definitely has remained as one of our traditions. No matter how many times we had argued over the years, we always ate together.
It was just one of those things that didn’t need any explaining. 

“Are you finally going to ask for her number?” I asked, genuinely curious whether or not she would finally be able to get her first girlfrien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter