V.

pretty pretense (chaennie)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

V.

 

 

Chaeyoung thought that it would be a humid evening but when the gentle breeze greeted her by the empty common balcony of the hotel, she felt a slight relief. Not because of the refreshment it brought, but because she can smoke her lungs out again. She quickly lights a stick beside the woman who have surprised her tonight. Her unforgiving past. Suzy Bae.

"Doesn't seem like you're happy to see me." Suzy breaks the ice as she leans on to the railings. Her eyes gazing at the vastness of the metropolitan lights. The restless city of which she ran away from has greeted her with a yet skirmish delight.

It's been three years since she fled back to Seoul and she couldn't believe the reason for it was jealousy. As if she'll admit that out loud.

"We shouldn't be seeing each other in the first place." Chaeyoung responds as she exhales her first smoke out into the thin moving air. "Why are you here? You're supposed to be in California. Don't you have classes?"

Suzy just rolls her eyes over the blonde, who was trying to be bossy again. "You know people in college can miss their classes too, Chaeyoung. You think I didn't hear about you dating a sophomore?" The older one turns her eyes on the blonde. Piercing it through to make her reciprocate the same eye contact that she's been obviously avoiding. "I'm just trying to figure out what you want, Chaeng. You're making me worry."

Suzy has always been vocal about her attachment towards the blonde. It even grew more when her stepsister, Sooyoung, made them split up over an auction. Now that she's studying college in the States, away from her stubborn family. And she still hopes she could get away with the strings she tied over Chaeyoung. She never had the strength to cut it, and nor does the younger one, even though she would deny it at gunpoint.

The only thing Suzy could do is to wait for Chaeyoung to come to her every now and then. The senior sneaks into the States for several days in a month and that's only the time the older one can let herself breath and let her guard down. They have been doing this for two years and everything was at peace until now.

The blonde sighs on Suzy's unwithered uncertainty over her. "It's a misunderstanding. Apparently that sophomore lied on Krystal's face and announced that she was dating me. And of course, that dumb Jung spread it like wildfire in the school community. Until your sister heard it and threatened me with the auction."

"She's still on to that stupid auction? So childish." The older one almost squealed.

"I'm trying to minimize the possible damage here, Suzy. If your sister knew you're here then it'll get tangled up more." When the latter heard the slight irritation on the blonde's voice, it confirmed the fact that she was her inconvenience. Something that Chaeyoung has been hiding from her for awhile.

Suzy wishes she was naive but she knew that the blonde was slowly walking away from her. So, that's why she's here. Secretly trembling over the fact that the love she always had is fading. And she doesn't even ing know how to save it.

"It's not my idea auctioning your lead position in Seoul Circle over our ing relationship." She takes the same irritation back.

"Sooyoung wanted to expose it all. My father was running for president at that time and I didn't want any scandal. I didn't have the upperhand back then. So can you please stay out of this?"

"When are you going to close that auction then?"

"Maybe after I get out of highschool. Important thing is I would stay single until I graduate. That's the deal."

"She just doesn't want to see me happy. She thinks I took everything away from her, so at least she gets a compensation from depriving me from you." Suzy gulps as the memories of the broken string she has with her sister comes to surface.

As an heir to their conglomerate, Suzy has to outperform everyone in her bloodline and with that Sooyoung had to sit down and give the limelight to her elder sister. They were once close to the hip until Suzy moved to Seoul on her senior year of high school and dated the Seoul's top elite heiress, Park Chaeyoung. Sooyoung believed that Chaeng stole the only true person that cared for her. And she's never going to let them get away with it.

"I know that you share same pettiness. She's just more brutal than you." Chaeyoung points out.

"No one compares to your brutality though..." Suzy spills as she puts the tension higher than it already was. "You literally left me clueless in bed and went back to Seoul without answering my calls. As if you didn't tell me you loved me the night before..."

"You don't get it..."

"Get what?"

"I wanted to stop." Chaeyoung's voice went louder for a moment. Like a wave hitting

The older one felt her heart pause as she watches the blonde's eyes grow a shade darker. "...What?" Suzy's trembling hand grips itself.

"We've always been unstable, Suzy. I didn't want to risk anything that can hurt my life here. Especially the lives of those who rely on me." The blonde was being ruthless. Her words was burning Suzy more than the withering cigarette.

The latter could feel constrict as she slowly lets her eyes shower tears. She knew Chaeyoung would say this, but she didn't know that it would hurt this much.

"So that's it? You're going to drop me because I am now an inconvenience?"

"Do you have a better proposition to offer?" Her voice ran through the sheer heart or Suzy. Making her break more.

Suzy clears , "I shouldn't have ran to you. Because you were never going to give me the chance to let your guard down for me."

"I've always told you to not expect much of me. I always disappoint you right?" The blonde's voice was like ice that pierced through Suzy's soul, which was now empty.

Chaeyoung strays away her sight from the naive Suzy as she struggles holding the last ounce of strength she had left, but sadly Suzy will never know about it. She will never know that she was killing the blonde just the same. She'll never know that she was her inconvenience.

"Here..." The blonde stretches her long arms with the S-etched metal pack on her right hand. "I'm gonna stop smoking, so I don't need this anymore." Chaeyoung continues.

Suzy could only blankly stare at the blonde's long hands in front of her. She then places hers on top of the metal pack. Barely touching Chaeyoung's cold and indifferent skin. She'll surely miss the coldness that brought her home.

"Well, I guess I should be glad that you're stopping." Suzy mutters as she grabbed the metal pack and put it in her pocket.

"Remember when you said that you'd owe me one when I do quit smoking?"

"What are you trying to say?" Suzy shifted into confusion.

Chaeyoung sharply exhales, "I have a favor to ask."

...

It was almost midnight and Jennie was still walking around their suite. Her mind might deny it but her body was restless not seeing the senior close to her. Maybe because her life was in danger and she's the only one she could trust her as of now, or maybe something else. Jennie could care less, her thoughts were just circling back and forth on that cigarette pack girl and her relationship with Chaeyoung.

And just when Jennie decides to walk out and check on her senior outside, the door suddenly opens up with Chaeyoung standing so sluggish along with dead eyes. She was clearly exhausted.

"W-where have you been?" Jennie finds herself stammering over the blonde's hectic presence.

"Are you going to interrogate me as well?" The tall senior just walks by her, slightly bumping her shoulder.

Chaeyoung was acting snappy, Jennie's intuition about that brunette might be right. It might be her ex or just someone she can't let go. Nevertheless, her curiosity about the senior crawled more into her skin.

"Are you going to sleep here?" The brunette turns to Chaeyoung who was starting to undress, Jennie's consciousness starts to hold her body tight.

"Just for precaution. I know you don't don't want to die." She explains as she continues to her uniform.

Jennie could only respond in silent and proceed to the only bed in the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter