minayeon - 5, 6, 7, 8

from the archive

5, 6, 7, 8

 

rating: ... it changes as the plot progresses ...

rel tags: im nayeon/myoui mina

tags: childhood friends, middle school, high school, slow burn

chapter count: 10

word count: 58,362

complete: yes

 


 

“I said I love you. It physically hurts to breathe sometimes because when you’re around my lungs take in fluttery feelings instead of oxygen and, oh my god, I am so ing in love with you. I close my eyes, I see you. It makes the darkness bearable. In silence, I hear your laugh. The ing annoying, high-pitched laugh that’s music to my ears. I’m trying not to, I really am. But, god, you make it so easy to fall in love with you and I’m not that strong not to.”

Silence, with heavy breathing echoing in the locker room.
 
And then, “No, no, no. You can’t love me, not like that.”

A childhood friends to lovers trope, the ‘it’s you, it’s always been you’ trope, the requited-love-but-they’re-idiots trope, because therapy is expensive and this is free.

 


 

5678 is my fourth minayeon fic in a row, and ... i swear my main ship is mimo but the minayeon ... is ... so ... strong. this is interesting! i mean, the themes are absolutely not ground breaking and there are probably a thousand more takes of this plotline under different ships, but i'm proud of this one, nonetheless. things don't need to be absolutely unique for you to enjoy it, in my opinion. ultimately, it depends on the storytelling. give it a shot! i recommend reading it in one go, because this is the type of fic that i'd do in one go. slow burn is best binged, isn't it?