Part 2 - Her

Full Bloom - Jaemin x Ryujin

She didn’t notice how Jaemin treating her differently because she thinks that Jaemin is nice to everyone. Sure they’re texting regularly. Sure he compliments her a lot. Sure he cheers her up and says nice things when she’s sick or feeling down. But she didn’t take it as special. He is nice that way and she notices how he treated other Itzy girls when they're hanging out with him. So she didn’t expect much out of her lingering crush.

Well at least until tonight.

In the middle of a practice break, she checked her text and as per usual his texts were there.

You free tonight? - JM

Probably 8 after practice

I’ll pick you up at the dorm, let’s go for a walk

Cool, I’ll ask the others if they’re free

Would it be cool if it’s just the two of us?

She stops and stares at her phone. She couldn’t tell whether it’s real or not. She takes a deep breath before goes on and reply.

Sure, why so sudden?

Just because

Hmm this doesn't feel right. She tries to sound not too excited but she now realized maybe it’s far too disinterested. Maybe she needs to relax a bit and make fun of the situation.

Aigo, one will think it’s a date 🧐

She thinks it through when she hit the send button. She assumes that perhaps a) he’ll shrug it off or b) playing along with her because he's a natural flirt. But then she’s unprepared with the answer:

It is a date. See you at 9~

Eyes bulged, mouth opened, heart shook. Her mind is all over the place. She tries to internalize and decipher this overwhelming warm feeling in her chest. As cheesy as it gets. Wait. Did he really say what I think he said? She pursed her lips. Still processing. He is playful. But this ain't the typical jokes he made. He is a natural flirt. But this ain't his type of flirting - at least not this blatant. 

It doesn’t take a while for the girls to notice that she’s oddly quiet. A lively conversation about what to eat next then interrupted once the girls laid their eyes on her. now they shift their focus to Ryujin that oddly quiet and restless.

“You look like you caught a deer in the headlight” — Yeji teases with a suspicious, yet taunting look

“I bet it’s must be Jaemin again” — Lia adds the fuel

“Eonnie, stop, he’s -” The moment she had her guard down, Yuna playfully took her phone in one swift move and read through the screen. In quick second she able to pick up who’s she texting and what exactly texted “Ei ei, it’s a date~

“IT’S A DATE?” They said in unison “HE FINALLY ASKED YOU OUT ON A DATE! YA!”

“Errr…. umm…. I-” She didn't expect the situation will escalate fast. Thus she tries her best to collect herself before continues "Nah, he probably just mess around"

"Nu-uh, we know he ain't the type of mess around" Lia rebuts "He's serious about this"

"What are the chances, maybe the feelings are mutual"

"Anyhow Ryujin-eonnie, you gotta reply~ don't leave the boy hanging" Yuna teases her even more while handing her phone back. Oh right, reply. The girls observe her, while she thinks long and hard on what to reply. She starts to write back.

Don't mess around Na Jae   that doesn't sound right

Ya don't joke ar   that, too, doesn't sound right

The cursors blink as she figuring out what to say. The girls in the background only observe her quietly while peeking onto what she's texting.

"Just say see you" Chaeryoung suggests. 

"I guess I can go with that" She quickly agrees without putting much thought into it and reply to Jaemin.

 

Fast forward to 8:45 PM. She sat in the dorm living room, all ready and gang up by the members. Not only that they're bicker around her fashion choice for the first fate, that as per usual comfy and casual, they also keep digging up whether she likes him or not. She dressed in one of her baggy black hoodies, washed-out mom jeans, and her favorite pairs of Ad*das shoes, against the members' recommendations of a more feminine look. She wanted to look as natural as possible. And now, against her will, they keep pestering her on questions she's unprepared to answer. Ya what will you do if he confesses? Do you like him too? Will you accept his confessions? She indeed accepts the fact that she likes him, but it never crosses her mind that perhaps he likes her too. Deep in thoughts, again she caught off guard when her phone rings and his name written on it.

Take a breath, you can do this. She pressed the answer button, and quickly greeted him "Yoboseyo~"

"Ryujin-a, it's couple of minutes early but um.. if you're ready, I'm downstairs"