Part 1 - Him

Full Bloom - Jaemin x Ryujin

"My mom just call me yesterday and she ask about you"

"Huh, me?" she point her fingers to herself with confused eyes.

"Yea, remember when we hang out she sometimes call and i tell her that you're with us. I guess your name stuck with her"

"Aww cute, tell her i say hi!"

"And also, maybe because i never hangs with girls before so she thinks there's more to it than it seems"

"Eyy oppa, she's so cute"

"Of course, where else i got my cuteness from"

She didn't take his remarks more than it is. Silly of her. From time to time, he tries to make it more and more obvious. Dropping hints here and there just like what his friends advise, it amuses him how dense she is. He's not the type that full of confidence but he knows that the attraction is mutual. Everyone tell him so.

 

Similar to her, he's clueless in romantic relationships. His schedules and restrictions have successfully made dating at the bottom of the priority list, moreover, he feels fulfilled with being around the members. Sure he went on a date or two, but it never intriguing enough to move past from casual date to serious relationships. At least that what he thinks it is, or maybe none of the girls that he introduced to was interesting enough.

He strictly thinks she's a nice friend to have. At first. His barely existing interest to date was one of the reason. But a fool he is.

When they start hanging out, it was just plain exchanges. Then she starts to initiate one-to-one conversations with him when others were busy doing their things. And he enjoys talking to her, the mood was always chill and comforting. Compared to others who sometimes overwhelm him with their energy.

 

So the conversations quickly turn into text messages. He knows she likes movies, so one day when he wonders what to watch next - he thought of her, scroll through the group chat and send a message asking recommendations. It then becomes a routine. They will exchange recommendations for movies, novels to read, cafes to try, YouTube channels to skim, so from then on, Jaemin won’t hesitate to invite her to hang out in a much smaller scale. With Jeno or, for instance, just like tonight with Felix and Lia.

Long before tonight he’s in denial that he likes her. More than in denial, the members will describe it as Jaemin being clueless. They’ll catch him smile over his phone over a joke Ryujin made, or random mentions of her name when they ask questions such as

“Since when you read English novels” - “Ah Ryujin recommends it for me”

“Woah this movie is good” - “I know right, Ryujin just watched it yesterday”

“Shall we try this cafe?” - “Let’s go, Ryujin’s told me the Americano is good”

The member catches up with his interest to her, so they just confront him directly. “Dude you like her”, one after another members try to state the obvious. He’ll say “Ey, we’re just good friends”. That until one-time Ryujin bailout from bike rides because she injured her shoulders, and Jaemin grew wary to the point that he personally hand over meds and snacks to Ryujin in the backstage of an award show. At that point, the Dreamies decide to stage an Intervention on the car ride back.

“Jaemin-a, we need to have serious conversations” Mark begin with an equally serious tone.

“You. like. Ryujin.” Renjun immediately interjects. Emphasize each syllable in frustration on behalf of the Dreamies member. Well, half frustration, and half excitement because it’s been a while since the group has a budding romance. The members are nagging at once that the noise is unbearable.

“Yes hyung, even I the inexperienced one agree” Jisung nods in agreement.

Jaemin, who’s not new to this you-like-ryujin, pursed his lips and the moment he about to reply before Jeno shush him. “No no no, no more she’s just a friend

“You went to their dressing room. Alone. At this point, the entire KBS will know that you two had a thing for each other.” Renjun, still frustrated, elaborate. “I mean if you like her and want to pursue her, at least be admit it to yourself, to us, and the manager hyungs so at least we can keep things under wrap”

“But-“

“Ya, have you listen to yourself lately? Ryujin this and that“ Haechan add. “I mean we’re kinda frustrated because it’s obvious that she likes you too”

The car went silent. The straightforwardness was responded with Jaemin shocked expression. They’re waiting for his reactions. And when he muddled up courage, he begins with “I mean, she’s nice to hang out with”. The gang grow even more relentless, spiting fires at his directions.

“Ei, we hung out with other girls too. You can’t say she’s just nice.” - Jeno

“I mean she’s been hanging out with you so much, that Jeno-hyung now is the thirdwheel” - Chenle

“And you even say she’s pretty the other day when she shows up at Chenle” - Renjun

“Yea and you text each other like every. single. day. Dude, you’re flirting.” - Mark

“I-” the members went silent. Waiting for him to internalize. “I don’t know if it’s a crush or not”

They’re about to interrupt before he continues “I mean I know i like her as a friend...... She smart, and cute sometimes, and not overbearing, and we kinda connect"

"Shut up, you like her" the crowd burst into cheerful noises. They're somewhat overjoyed with Jaemin's wu-ness when he hesitantly describe how he thinks about her. He cutely blushes from neck to ears.

"Yaaaaaaaaa finally"

“Ask her out you ” - Jeno

“But -”

“No worries, we’re going to be your wingman” - Haechan

“I’m so gonna tell Felix about this” - Chenle

“Ya! Don’t”

“Jaemin-hyung, even the stray kidz hyungs already notice that she likes you too” - Jisung

“Huh?”

“They ask me the other day what’s going on between you two” - Chenle

“Of course they’ll asked that, you guys always on their own bubble when we’re hanging out” - Jeno

He, again, overwhelmed. But that night, with Dreamies who full of excitement filling him on what’s going on between the two from their own eyes - He concluded that yes, he indeed likes her.

 

Back to the present time. Hanggang river was romantic, though they’re out with others Felix and Jeno quick to pick up that this could be a chance. It was somewhat past midnight, the city light was beautiful and there’s no one around so they comfortably sit next to each other, talk the usual talk.