b-side

BACKTRACK

Note: Once again, the indented paragraphs are flashbacks hehe. Enjoy reading!

 

 

"Oh? Welcome back, Sakura-ssi!"

 

Sakura smiled as she was greeted by a cheerful woman. "Hey, Yena-ssi."

 

"You've been gone for more than a month." Yena looked behind her as if searching for someone. "Where's the pretty girlfriend?"

 

Sakura smiled sadly. "She's… gone. Forever..."

 

Yena's wide grin earlier faded away. "Oh. I'm sorry Sakura-ssi. My deepest condolences."

 

"It's okay, Yena-ssi. Thank you." Sakura then glanced at a certain spot inside the café.

 

“It’s free Sakura-ssi. No one takes that spot other than you two. I don’t know why,” Yena said, wondering about it. “You can take your time there. I assume you’d like to order the usual?”

 

Sakura smiled warmly at Yena’s initiative. “Yup, thank you Yena-ssi.”

 

“No problem.”

 

Sakura pressed play on her Walkman and started to walk towards the direction of their usual spot.

 

“Track 5: Bittersweet.”

 

“One of the rare places where I can drag you to. Hahaha. You know, we go here for two things. Either it’s a date, or-”

 

“A fight.” “A fight.”

 

Sakura chuckled along with Eunbi at the thought of their countless fights and arguments.

 

“'Bittersweet' isn't it?”

 

"Eun, I'm sorry, hm?" Sakura trailed behind Eunbi who's visibly upset at their usual spot. Even during a fight, Sakura didn't forget to pull a chair for her girlfriend, which she actually took a seat on. Sakura smiled internally for that.

 

Without hesitation, Sakura ordered at the cashier.

 

"Sakura-ssi, your girl's feeling a little bit upset lately?" Yena asked Sakura.

 

"Sigh. Yup, Yena-ssi."

 

Yena shook her head. "Ahhh… women…"

 

Sakura chuckled. "As if we're not women ourselves."

 

Yena shrugged her shoulders playfully.

 

"Ah! Yena-ssi…"

 

"Yes, Sakura-ssi?"

 

"Do you have watermelon today?" Sakura asked in wonder. Yena understood immediately and grinned, knowing for what purpose Sakura asked such a question. After finalizing her order, Sakura went back and sat on her chair. She looked at Eunbi who's crossing her arms and looking away with pouting lips.

 

She knows what her fault was, but she’s not really the type who’s frank and speaks her mind. She was thinking about what to say, but it seemed that remained tight-lipped. The atmosphere between the couple is getting colder, until someone came to save the day.

 

“Here’re your orders, lovebirds!” Yena came and delivered their orders successfully.

 

“Itadakimasu!” Sakura clasped her hands together and dug into her food. She took a bite of her favorite muffin and munched on it. She stole a glance from Eunbi, and saw her eyes lit up in delight as she took a sip of the watermelon shake her girlfriend ordered. Upon realizing what she had done, she immediately came back to the cold, upset, rabbit that she was earlier. Sakura tried to stifle a laugh which resulted in her snorting.

 

“What’s funny?” Eunbi asked coldly. Yabai.

 

Sakura gulped. Mustering the courage, she said, “I’m sorry.”

 

Eunbi tilted her head feigning innocence and confusion. “Sorry for what?”

 

“For that woman from the fansign,” Sakura responded, pouting.

 

Eunbi sighed. “You know I can’t resist that pout...” she muttered. She looked up at Sakura and finally spoke. “You know why I’m acting like this, right?”

 

“Yeah… I should’ve done something even before she kissed my cheek.”

 

Eunbi huffed. “And all of those women were practically swooning at you. ‘Imagine an author as gorgeous as a model!’ That’s what they were saying!”

 

Sakura chuckled. “I see...” She then cupped Eunbi’s cheeks and squeezed both of them lightly. “You’re sho cute when you’re jealousss.”

 

Eunbi swats Sakura’s hands away from her cheeks. “Yah! Were you making me jealous on purpose!?”

 

“What!? Of course not! Why would I?” Sakura threw her hands up in her defense. She grabbed the glass of Watermelon Shake she got for Eunbi and offered it to her. “Hear, Eun. Just drink this.”

 

Eunbi leaned forward and took a sip. “You know my new favorite.”

 

Sakura shrugged her shoulders smugly. “Never gone wrong with watermelon. And a piece of a classic macaron.” Sakura took a piece of the sweet pastry and fed Eunbi.

 

Sakura looked around the customers frequenting the cafe. She stopped her gaze at a couple just by the window, acting sweet with each other. She leaned back in her seat and crossed her arms. She continued observing the couple, and when the guy leaned towards the girl with his arms reaching out to her face to wipe the cupcake frosting that got on her lips using his thumb, Sakura looked away and snickered at what she just witnessed. Just like a typical couple. She shook her head laughing lightly at the thought. She looked up to the sky and thought once more.

 

“We’re just like any other couples.”

 

But what makes them different from the others? It’s not their uality. It’s not about something from the outside. It’s

 

“Eunbi that makes it different.” It’s because it’s her that I’m with that it’s different. A great kind of different. There’s only one Eunbi from the rest of the world that she loves dearly. Out of all the women named ‘Eunbi’ out there, there is only one Eunbi that is meant for Sakura. She kept looking up at the sky and didn’t notice a butterfly flying over her.

 

After a few more minutes, she decided that it’s time to go. She waved at Yena and the employee approached her.

 

“Can you take a picture for me?” Sakura handed her phone to Yena. Yena took it and stood a little bit away from Sakura’s table.

 

“Yena-ssi!”

 

“Yes, Eunbi-ssi?”

 

Eunbi smiled and handed the phone to Yena asking for a picture.

 

“Okay lovebirds. 3, 2, 1-”

 

Sakura placed her arm above Eunbi’s shoulder on the other side and the latter s her arm on the former’s waist. They pulled themselves closer to each other with Sakura smiling tenderly and Eunbi grinning widely.

 

Sakura sat relaxingly on the chair and right before the phone captured the photo, a Great Purple Emperor Butterfly landed on Sakura's shoulder which she didn't notice.

 

-----+-----+-----

 

Sakura climbed up a hill, holding a bouquet of flowers in one hand and a paper bag in the other.

 

"Track 6: Ending and Beginnings."

 

"Just a short climb, Kkura-yah, and you'll get to meet me once more."

 

A short climb indeed and Sakura arrived at the designated place.

 

"Hi Kkura."

 

"Hey, Eun," Sakura began. "I brought your favorite flowers," she kneeled and took out the clay vase she made yesterday and started to arrange the flowers. "You always liked having Violets around, cause you said it reminds you of me."

 

She smiled and looked forward, only to be greeted by a tomb with Eunbi's framed picture of her smiling sweetly.

 

"I also brought macarons from the usual café," she opened her take-out macarons and took one from it. A pink one. "Hm~ this is so good," she took a purple macaron from the box and placed it in front of Eunbi's picture.

 

"I hope you're eating well there and you'd eat some as dessert." She chuckled to herself after hearing her own words. Well, sure enough you can get anything you want in heaven, right? She quieted down shortly and sighed softly as she stared at Eunbi's picture.

 

"I miss you, Eun. So much," she reached towards the frame and traced Eunbi's face on the picture lightly. "It's the 40th day and it hasn't even been 2 months since you died. If I can't even last a day without you, how can I for the rest of my life?"

 

Press 'PLAY' if you're ready to listen.

 

Sakura took one deep breath before resuming the tape to play.

 

"Track 6: End the Beginning; Beginning the End."

 

"Hey, Kkura-yah. This is the real Track 6. I left a note on the cassette case as I want you to be fully ready to hear this." Eunbi huffed a breath out. "Okay." The tape was silent for a bit until Eunbi's voice came back. "In order to make something new we must break the old one. You said it yourself."

 

"I know it'll break your heart when I say this…"

 

"My heart has been broken so much more than you and I can imagine."

 

"... but I need you to let me go."

 

Sakura completely lost her smile and her face is now contorted into a frown.

 

"Why do I have to let you go?"

 

"Letting me go doesn't mean forgetting me, Kkura-yah. I've said it a while ago already. It’s time to focus on yourself. You've always been selfless, you always prioritize me more than yourself. Especially during these past months—" Eunbi started to sniff and sound restrained— "I can see how you have been holding up while balancing your work and taking care of me. Watching you suffer because of me was the hardest and most painful thing to witness rather than feeling myself succumb to this illness."

 

"Knock knock."

 

Eunbi stopped drawing pottery designs on her sketchpad and looked up at the visitor.

 

"Kkura," Eunbi felt joyful as she found the girl peeking her head from the slightly opened door.

 

Sakura smiled widely and opened the door wider to finally enter. She dropped off her bag on a chair by the door and walked towards her girlfriend.

 

“Eunnn~” Sakura approached her girlfriend with open arms which Eunbi welcomed with her own too, getting enveloped in her girlfriend’s arms. She reveled in the warmth of Sakura that she never saw for three whole days.

 

“I missed you,” Eunbi said as she looked up at her girlfriend, never letting go of the tight hug.

 

Sakura let go of Eunbi and sat on the edge of the hospital bed, facing her. “Aww, you did?” she cooed as she cupped Eunbi’s cheeks making look pouty as a duck. Eunbi nodded and Sakura gave her a brief peck on the lips.

 

“I just drowned myself in work because the deadline is approaching. They’ve been rushing me for the manuscript of my new book so I had to pull all nighters just to finish them,” Sakura answered with a hint of tiredness.

 

“You should have rested then, Kkura-yah.”

 

“Eyyy~ not when I miss you so much, Eun. You’re much more important than rest.”

 

Eunbi stared at her face as if scrutinizing an abstract painting painted in a technique she has never seen before. Except that everything is concrete when she looks deep into her lover’s eyes. Eunbi cupped her cheeks and hovered her hands just below Sakura’s eyes. She traced along the dark circles and the eye bags Sakura gained from all the hard work she’s done in starting her new novel.

 

“Ahh… look at you Kkura-yah...” Eunbi continued staring at her with her expression turning into a worried one. She moved her hands to Sakura’s arms, feeling that it got thinner. She moved one of her hands back to Sakura’s cheek and cupped it gently.

 

“You...”

 

“I’m fine, Eunbi.” Sakura didn’t let Eunbi speak anymore. She may feel tired but she’ll never admit it fully. She smiled softly at the woman, as she looked into her eyes too, wanting to convey the message that she’s really fine. They remained like that for a few minutes until Sakura realized she had something prepared for the woman.

 

“Oh, yeah, I got something for you,” Sakura uttered in sheer excitement.

 

“Hm? What is it, Kkura-yah?” Eunbi asked in anticipation as she leaned to her side as Sakura was about to get something behind her.

 

“Tada!” Sakura held the thing she got for Eunbi in front of her with both of her hands.

 

Eunbi widened her eyes and gasped in surprise. “Wow...” she trailed off as she slowly reached out to receive Sakura’s surprise.

 

“‘For the Faint of Heart’,” Eunbi whispered the title as she brushed her hand over the smooth surface of the book with her palm and felt the embossed letters of the title with her fingertips.

 

"I was also waiting for it for three days," Sakura revealed. Eunbi looked up at her.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yup. I watched until they printed and produced the final product. I just came from the publishing house so that book you're holding is fresh off the printing press," Sakura held her chin up and looked down smugly at her girlfriend.

 

Eunbi looked back at the book she's holding right now. The cover was a picture she actually photographed, which was a detail she didn't miss. She suddenly removed the blanket over her legs and got off the bed, startling Sakura.

 

"O-oi, Eunbi, what are you doing?" Sakura stood up too and followed Eunbi who got out of bed on the opposite side.

 

"Just wait for it Kkura-yah," Eunbi grabbed Sakura's hand and pushed her down to sit on the couch. She pushed the coffee table slightly aligning it in front of the chair. She took one of the marker pens from her pencil case and put it down on the table. She walked away from Sakura, and holding the book she approached the door and went out of the room.

 

"Hey, where are you going?"

 

"Just stay put there!" Sakura heard Eunbi's muffled voice from the outside. After a few seconds, Eunbi slid the door open and started to walk towards Sakura.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo Sakura author-nim~" Eunbi bowed and held the book out with both hands. Sakura looked at Eunbi then to the book for a little while, before finally realizing what Eunbi is trying to do.

 

"Oh~ annyeonghaseyo!" Sakura bowed too.

 

"Sign juseyo," Eunbi asked, pouting cutely.

 

"Ahh sure," Sakura took the book and opened it to the first page. "What's your name?" she asked as she took the cap of the marker off.

 

"Kwon Eunbi."

 

"Hmm 'Kwon Eunbi'..." Sakura started signing the book. "What a pretty name." Sakura smiled slightly while talking.

 

“Did you know that bees are naturally drawn to flowers?” Sakura asked without peeling her eyes away from the book.

 

Eunbi got caught off guard because of Sakura’s pick-up line. She decided to ride along with it.

 

“Hmm, yeah. I guess. Why did you say that?”

 

Sakura looked up at her. “Well, because I think you can bee the one for this cherry blossom right here.” There's something with Sakura's aura as an author that made Eunbi suddenly blush. It didn't help further because of Sakura’s simple gesture after.

 

"Here you go, Kwon Eunbi-ssi," Sakura said with a warm smile, giving out the book to her. They stared at each other's eyes for a brief moment as Eunbi received the book back.

 

"Oh! Can I please take a picture with you?"

 

Sakura chuckled at Eunbi's silliness but played along with it. "Sure. Anything for a lovely fan."

 

Eunbi faced the polaroid camera lens in front of them and pressed the shutter button. As they heard the shutter click, the memory is documented and will finally remain at a standstill through the existence of the photograph. They watch their image slowly appear in awe as it begins to be part of the traces of the time Eunbi spent with Sakura.

 

After the brief “book signing event” that they did, Eunbi went back to her bed and invited Sakura to sit back there with her. Sakura spooned Eunbi in her arms.

 

Eunbi looked up to her and handed her the book. "Please read this for me."

 

"Okay," Sakura simply responded. She took the book and cleared as she opened the cover. Eunbi wrapped her arms around her lover's waist and nuzzled herself deeper into Sakura's chest.

 

"To those faint of heart, that they may finally find the courage to stand tall despite the adversities.

 

And to the love of my life, who's the perfect pair for me just like flowers and bees. You make me complete.”

 

Eunbi scoffed lightly. "That's too sweet!" She broke away from the hug and started to act like she's got a balcony of ants swarming to her and trying to get rid of it.

 

Sakura chuckled. "Now, now, let's get back to the book and I'll read it to you, Eunbi-ssi."

 

They reverted back to their previous position and Sakura finally started to read out loud.

 

“Love is both selfish and kind. Love makes us both strong and weak. Love stands in between, but is felt everywhere we are with our loved one.”

 

“Love is both fearful and exciting. Scared to lose your only one, but is hopeful of spending their life with them for eternity. Love is full of ups and downs. Love is bittersweet.”

 

“Love is anything you can think of, whatever words you can say to express it.”

 

“Love, as I carry on with you, feels light and heavy. Its weight setting me in, the commitment I am upholding to and the butterflies in me.”

 

“Love, as the four letters form such a word, though only few, its value is a thousandfold. Or more. What could be used for such a thing to be measured? It seems that the two hearts beating for each other in one harmony is insufficient. Love is too big for the world to handle. Even beyond the galaxies, its essence cannot be fathomed.”

 

She continued reading parts of the book so as to let the girl read the rest on her own when she’s alone. She looked at Eunbi which stared back at her too.

 

“For the huge waves of tribulations that faced us, I will never falter. The darkness may shroud us in misery, but I will never cower. I’ll always be your knight, the light that casts away all fear. Don’t you ever worry, for there will always be a hand reaching out whenever.”

 

Sakura says every word as if it’s the affirmation of her commitment to Eunbi. The latter’s illness might pull them apart, but Sakura guarantees the opposite. No one will leave anyone. Whatever happens, she’ll stay. It’s a promise Sakura will never break. That she is sure of.

 

After reading the book, Sakura closed the book and put it on the bedside table without taking her eyes away from her girlfriend. They stared at each other, and while doing so, she took Eunbi's hand and kissed it, then pecked a gentle kiss on her forehead then to her lips. Sakura fixed her position to make her girlfriend more comfortable and pulled her closer to her. As Eunbi is leaning on her chest, the woman is being lulled to good sleep with Sakura’s calm heartbeat. Sakura closes her eyes to dreamland as she feels the faint yet strong pulse from Eunbi’s hand that she’s never let go of ever since.

 

"Good night, Eun."

 

"Good night, Kkura."

 

"I love you."

 

"I love you…"

 

The next morning, Sakura woke up hearing the birds chirping outside of the window. Upon opening her eyes, she stared down at Eunbi, who's still sleeping and is wearing a serene expression, the corners of her lips slightly curved upwards. A smirk slowly made its way to Sakura's lips and she kissed Eunbi's cheek. She leaned back and saw Eunbi still not waking up. Perhaps she's pretending to be asleep, huh. Sakura leaned forward again and gave her another one.

 

"Eunnnnn~ wake up~" Eunbi still hasn't responded.

 

"Eun~ Don't you dare keep on pretending that you're asleep," Sakura said in a teasing manner. She let go of Eunbi's hand and turned properly on the bed to prepare for giving her a huge wake-up call.

 

"Eunbi!" She chirped happily and stole a peck to Eunbi's lips. The woman didn't budge at all. How in the world can she do that? She can resist my kisses!

 

She finally leaned forward and cupped Eunbi's cheeks as she called her.

 

"Hey, Eun."

 

No response.

 

As she kept her hands cupping Eunbi's cheeks, she suddenly noticed something odd.

 

"Eun?"

 

She hasn't responded yet.

 

She continued to hold her face and her hands suddenly felt cold from the touch. She felt a bead of sweat travel down from her forehead, a bad feeling surging up from her gut.

 

"Eun."

 

"Eunbi."

 

She gave light pats to Eunbi's cheek.

 

"Kwon Eunbi."

 

She started to shake Eunbi's shoulder.

 

"Kwon Eunbi!" She called her name once again.

 

Sakura took Eunbi's hand.

 

"Eunbi…" she pleaded as she put Eunbi's hand on her cheek, holding it in place with both of her hands.

 

"Eunbi…" she whispered quietly, hoping there could be a miracle that might happen. But as she continues to call her name, her glimmer of hope is slowly fading away. Tears started falling down helplessly, crying in silence. While everything was going on, a Great Purple Emperor Butterfly flew toward the window of the hospital room and landed on its window sill, seemingly taking rest from a long journey.

 

Sakura cried helplessly from reminiscing about that day.

 

"Oh Baby Hush Hush

Even if we don’t talk

I can feel everything

So just come to me

I will hold you tight

 

Sometimes, instead of hundreds of words

All we need is just one kiss

Because we can’t even explain this anyway

 

There’s no need to say it all with words

We can hear the sound of each other’s hearts

So just come to me

I will hold you tight"

 

In the midst of tears, Sakura smiled upon hearing Eunbi's singing again. As she hears the lyrics, her heart fills with regret.

 

"I should have spent more time with you. I didn't know that was the last night I'd be able to hug and kiss you."

 

"Sakura. I don't know when and how I'd die, but I hope I die in your arms."

 

Upon hearing that, Sakura looked up and stared at Eunbi's photo. There was a butterfly, that same butterfly from the café. 

 

"At least, even at that, before my last breath, I'd be able to convey my undying love for you. My love, that I'd bring even to the afterlife."

 

As Eunbi's voice played on tape, the butterfly flew away from the picture then rested on Sakura's shoulder.

 

Is it… you?

 

She stared back and forth at the butterfly and Eunbi's picture feeling in awe of what's happening to her. She took a long stare at Eunbi's photo, who's smiling brightly in it, and as she looked into Eunbi's eyes, something felt real. Something special.

 

Not long after, she felt raindrops slowly starting to fall, which ended up being a small drizzle. Despite the rain, the sun was still shining brightly. She looked up at the sky and reveled in the coldness of the rain, seemingly making her realize the reality she shall now face. She feels a little bit of warmth from the sun, which could've been trying to comfort her from the harsh truth she has to accept. It is as if the weather knows how she's feeling, and decided to confront her as well as comfort her. Even without the presence of anyone, at least she's got the nature to sympathize with her.

 

-----+-----+-----

 

"Saachan, where are you now?"

 

"I'm already at the airport, Mom." Sakura replied as she walked to the check-in area.

 

"Okay. Have you got everything ready?"

 

"Yes, Mom."

 

"Even yourself?" Sakura stopped in her tracks as she heard the question. She sighed.

 

"Well, I should…" She trailed off.

 

"And did you?" Mrs. Miyawaki asked back. Sakura kept silent. "Okay, Sakura. I'm sorry for that. I won't probe anymore about it. Just— come back home to us safely, hm?" Mrs. Miyawaki said with concern.

 

Nodding her head as if her mother could see it, she answered, "Yes, Mom. I'll see you soon." After an exchange of greetings, they ended the call.

 

"Passengers of Flight J-1927, please proceed to the boarding area, now." Upon hearing the announcement, Sakura wasted no time and walked to the boarding area.

 

Upon arriving there, the passengers are starting to board the plane one by one. Each step feels heavier as she knows what she's leaving behind.

 

Despite having the courage she got from her visit to Eunbi, it was instantly changed with unwillingness.

 

"I don't want to go…"

 

After saying her thoughts out loud, she felt she's not ready to leave. She thinks she was never ready in the first place. Feeling depressing thoughts crawl their way to her mind, she walked out of the line for her flight and opened her satchel. She saw Eunbi's recording tape and read through its contents that were supposed to be played.

 

Hm? There's another one?

 

She thought there was nothing that followed since there was a long stretch of silence after the sixth track. She immediately took her cassette player and wore her headphones. She turned the cassette player on, and waited for something.


 

"Track 7: That's Okay."

 

"Sakura." Eunbi's voice immediately went through.

 

Just hearing the title of the track, Sakura, without noticing it herself, started to walk back into the line.

 

"If you're hesitating to do something, that's okay. But, if that helps you for whatever you're aiming to achieve, then, what's stopping you?"

 

You.

 

"Just do it, Sakura."

 

But I'm scared.

 

Even though her heart says she is, it seems that her mind knows what to do. The flight attendant took her flight ticket and welcomed her into the plane. She searched for her seat and sat down, which was beside the window.

 

"If you won't do it, how would you know if it's really supposed to be feared for?"

 

"No matter the result, as long as you try, it's fine, right?"

 

"Fears. Worries. Mistakes. Failures. We all fear them. But in this life, we live to overcome them. Without them, it won't make any of our lives colorful. If we all lived to be perfect beings, there won't be anything to learn about. And I think it's the same with death. If there's no death, life is not a tad bit colorful. If we live for eternity, we won't be able to appreciate life fully. There exists the end so that new things can begin. And things begin so that they can end." Eunbi chuckled. "I should've said it earlier huh?"

 

Sakura smiled upon hearing Eunbi's chuckles. If I had heard it earlier, I could still have done the same now. She guesses it's really in the most critical moment that she needs to hear it. In the midst of this, Sakura heard the flight attendant instruct them to buckle their seatbelts and oriented them on necessary precautionary measures and emergency guidelines. As the brief lecture was ongoing, it was slowly sinking into her. 

 

There's no turning back.

 

For now.

 

"There's no turning back, Kkura-yah. Whatever the future holds, embrace it. No matter what it is."

 

"This may be the last time you'll hear me say this, but I hope you'd always know that— I love you. So much."

 

After Eunbi's last words, she heard some rustling noise from the other end, and a voice she instantly recognized. Though muffled, she still heard it clearly.

 

"What are you doing, Eun?"

 

"Hm? Nothing!" A startled Eunbi answered. "Ah, Sakura."

 

"Yes?"

 

"Can you sing a song for me?"

 

"What?" A perplexed Sakura answered.

 

"Sing for me. Pleaseeeee." Even without seeing it, she knew Eunbi was pouting as she pleaded to the Sakura from the other end.

 

"Eunbi, you know I can't resist that."

 

Eunbi giggled. Sakura from the other end sighed and took one deep breath.

 

"I feel like I'm losing myself in the

Many emotions that have gone by

From some point, I became used to

The rules I follow to hide my heart"

 

Sakura, upon hearing her own singing, gasped and immediately remembered that day Eunbi really wanted her to sing that song.

 

"How far have I come now

I ran, only looking forward

Now I’m scared to look back

The words I've postponed"

 

In the end, it was her own voice from the past who gave this present Sakura a push for her own future.

 

"Like time passes, inside of me

Times when I'm happy, days where

I cried so much my chest went numb

Like the sun that rises and sets every day

And the moon, I send them away naturally"

 

The plane finally took off and started its journey. As the plane takes its course to their destination, her own voice along with Eunbi's humming resonated from the player.

 

"Sometimes I cry (Ay, yo)

Sometimes I laugh (Ay, yo)

I have expectations (Ay, yo)

And I go through pain (Ay, yo) (Ay, yo)

I get butterflies once again (Ay, yo)

And become dull (Ay, yo)

Following my heart, the way that I am

 

Like the countless stars

I’m always in the same place

I'll shine on you with all the light I have

So don't hide yourself, will you show me you?

Be comfortable with the way you are

That's right, it's okay to be okay

 

The memories that fill both hands

Our precious story

A sincere heart

If you can still remember them after time passes

Will you be able to say

That you were happy too?

 

I cried with you (Ay, yo)

And we laughed together (Ay, yo)

I had expectations (Ay, yo)

And I went through pain (Ay, yo)

I poured out everything (Ay, yo)

And I loved (Ay, yo)

Following my heart, the way that I am

 

The troubles you couldn’t talk about

The spots with deep scars

The time passing at the same pace

Like always, I'll wash them away

So it's okay to live like flowing water

It's just okay to be okay"


 

A simple rewind is all it takes but never in the course of life. I can only rewind the track I have in my head and reminisce— and that's okay. At least that's what I want to realize myself. I’ll embrace it so that I can finally move on. I can't fast forward either, so I'll hop in the wagon and ride along the track, making my own record towards healing and a bright future. You may not be by my side anymore, but your whole existence remains in me forever.

 

----------

A/N:

I just chose the Great Purple Emperor Butterfly because of its color ksksksksks. Oh! And the songs that I used were Hush by Kim Sunggyu of Infinite and That's Okay by D.O. from EXO. I think I really tried hard just to insert those two songs in this one XD.

I’m just rambling stuff while writing the supposed contents of the book Sakura wrote HAHAHAHA. Trying to make myself like a love guru XD. Anyway, I hope I’m able to convey clearly what I want to say because I myself also have a hard time trying to make sense of my thoughts and put them into words. I really lack romance in life so I’d have to make use of the little crumbs I get from watching television shows or from reading other AUs and webtoons.

I was thinking whether or not to let Eunbi still wake up from that night (because I still want to write more), but if I drag it on further, it'll lose the momentum that I've already built up from the course of the events the night before. Plus, I want something dramatic to happen so, that's that.

I don’t know what I’m writing anymore HAHAHAHA. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it or find it cringy, but either way, I still want to do it.

Okay, that’s it. Comments and upvotes are greatly appreciated. Thank you and till the next read!

 

I'm really bothered at how huge the spaces after each paragraph are. I always write on Google Docs, and I don't know how the heck can I minimize the space in here. HAHAHAHA.