[5] Dinner

More Days With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So what happened?” Kyu asked as they are now having lunch in their pantry at the office. Donghae was quietly eating and haven’t really said anything yet to the other.

Donghae finished the last piece of meat on his plate and put his utensils down. He drank his water, put it down and let out a sigh. “We… talked. He explained.” Donghae started. “He told me what happened back then when he… disappeared on me.” Donghae can’t look straight into other and playing with his glass of water while telling this to the other. “He said that he regretted everything he did to me. That he made the wrong decision of leaving me. And he wanted to start over.”

“So he could hurt you again?” Donghae looked at Kyu and he can see the annoyance in the face of the other. He can’t blame the way Kyu has reacted. He has witnessed Donghae breaking down because of Hyuk a few times. Enough for him to doubt the real intention of the other.

“It’s not like that Kyu. He’s not asking me for us to be together. Just… as friends or acquaintances. You can’t put all the blame on him because I have let him have his way with me as well. I have let him hurt me.”

“But it doesn’t mean you can let him hurt you again. Do you still love him?” That question hit a nerve on Donghae. He’s biting his lip to prevent his tears from falling. “I don’t know Kyu. It’s not as simple as a yes or no anymore. Sometimes it’s hard to distinguish if it’s pain or love you are feeling for a person.”

Donghae heard Kyu let a out a sigh. “Just.. don’t forget what he has done to you, hyung. And… I am here for you.”

“I know Kyu. And I really appreciate it. So much.” Donghae looking sadly at Kyu who was just looking back at him. Wondering if the other would give Hyuk a chance.

“We’ll be having dinner later. Do you want to join us? I want to introduce you to him.”

“Wow, now you’re going out for a dinner.”

“And you’re invited! It’s not a date, Kyu. He’s leaving on Sunday so I hope to show him around somehow. The guy flew thousands of miles just to see me.” Kyu rolled his eyes on the other which made Donghae giggle. “C’mon Kyu. When you meet him you’ll learn he’s not that bad of a person”

“Fine. I’ll go with you” Kyu’s answer made the other smile. Donghae knows that Kyu is not totally against it. He knows that the other is just concerned about his feelings.

They’re all set. Donghae and Kyu are done for the day and they are now grabbing their things before going out.

“Is he downstairs already?” Kyu asked.

“I think so? I told him that we’ll meet him downstairs at 6pm. And it’s… “ Donghae checked his phone and saw that it’s 6:10pm and there was a message from Hyuk as well.

 

From: Hyukjae

I’m here. In a bench near your office.

 

“it’s what?”

“Oh. Sorry. It’s 6:10 and Hyuk sent a message too that he’s downstairs already.”

“Don’t show me how excited you are. It’s making me jealous.”

“What—” Donghae was glaring at the other. “I’m not excited.” Kyu was trying to hide his laugh as he was just teasing the other.

They both grabbed their things and went downstairs. When they got out of the building, Hyukjae was sitting at the bench, he was wearing black skinny ripped jeans, white shirt tucked in and denim jacket. He’s busy with his phone that’s why he didn’t notice that the two are approaching him already.

“Hey, Hyuk have you been waiting long?” the other was a bit startled as he was fixated on his phone playing games.

“Oh. Sorry. I didn’t notice you coming.” Hyuk put his phone away and looked up at Hae. Then Hyuk noticed the man behind Hyuk looking at him too. He recognizes the man as Kyuhyun. He has seen him a few times already. Donghae noticed that Hyuk was looking at Kyu.

“Oh. Sorry. My bad. I haven’t introduced you two.” Donghae brought Kyu in front of him. Hyuk stood up as well. “Hyuk this is Kyuhyun my colleague and a good friend. Kyu, this is Hyukjae, my… uh friend.” Kyu extended his hand to the other, smiling. “Hi Hyukjae hyung. Nice to meet you”

“H-hyung?”

“Yes, hyung. I heard that you are the same age as Donghae hyung, so you’re my hyung too.” Kyu’s hand is still waiting for Hyuk. The other finally took it and they shook hands. Hyuk was bit taken aback by Kyu’s approach on him. Hyuk smiles at him in a weird way too. He wasn’t sure if the other was being honest or being sarcastic with him.

“Kyu you’re scaring him. Hahaha.” Hyuk pulled his hand away. “No. it’s fine. He’s… he’s not scary.”

“See. I’m not. What are you saying, hyung.”

It’s gonna be a long night for the three of them.

They have arrived at the restaurant. The three of them took a cab and it was quiet the whole trip. Hyuk sat in front, Kyu and Hae at the back. They were all just busy with their phones and no one dares to say a thing. It was awkward. But Donghae is hoping that it gets better once they are in the restaurant.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter