[4] Let's talk

More Days With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae woke up early the next day. He wants to be able see Donghae before the other goes to work. He woke up at around 6:30, got up, got ready to go out. He went to the coffee shop they frequent to. He checked the time. It’s only 7:16am, hoping that Donghae hasn’t come by yet. He went straight to the counter. There are a few people getting their coffee before starting their day or going to work. He was looking around, checking if Donghae was around. After a few minutes it was now his turn.

“Hey Hyukjae what can I get you today?”
“Has Donghae come by already?” Hoping that Donghae hasn’t come by yet.
“Oh. He hasn’t yet.” And Hyukjae suddenly had hope that he would see Donghae that day before going to work.
“So what does Donghae usually order here?”
“He usually orders Iced Americano” Tina said with a smile.
“Okay then, one Iced Americano venti and Hot Chocolate Venti too”
“Okay, one Iced Americano and Hot Chocolate venti for Hyukjae” Hyukjae paid for both drinks and sat on one of the vacant seats near the entrance so he could easily see Donghae arriving.

He sipped on his chocolate while browsing on his phone and he would look up everytime the door opens hoping Donghae would arrive soon. Minutes turned into an hour but still no sign of Donghae. It was past the start of working hours yet Donghae hasn’t come by yet. He still waited as Donghae could just be running late. Hyukjae continued browsing on his phone and another hour has passed but Donghae hasn’t showed up yet. He’s starting to worry. The ice in the Iced Americano has turned into water already and still no sign of the other. Hyukjae stood up and went to the counter to talk to Tina.

“Hey Tina.. is there a possibility that Donghae doesn’t come by today?”
“Hm. That’s.. rare. He really comes by everyday as he said before that he doesn’t like the coffee being served in their office and he really can’t start his day without drinking one. So the days he doesn’t come by is usually because he’s on vacation or he’s sick.” Oh no. He could be sick. Hyukjae got worried at the thought that Donghae could be sick.
“Okay. Thanks Tina.” Hyukjae went back to his seat. Still worried that the other might be sick. He opened his Instagram and saw no post nor IG story from the other. He wanted to be sure so he sent a message.

He gave his number and Donghae shared to him his location. He immediately left the coffee shop and hailed a cab and showed the location to the driver. He was half worried and half nervous as their conversation last night didn’t end well. It was a 20-30 minute drive from the from the coffee shop. It was an apartment building and he went up the 3rd floor as that is where Donghae’s flat is. He’s now at the door of Donghae’s flat. He can feel his heart pounding inside his ribcage. He let out a deep breath. He rang the doorbell.

He can hear footsteps towards the door. As the door opened, he was welcomed by a Donghae in white shirt and pajamas. His face looks tired and his hair is ruffled like he just got out of bed.

“C-can I come in?” Hyukjae asked and Donghae fully opened the door so Hyuk can come in.

“Do you want something to drink? Water? Juice? Coffee?” Donghae asked as he went straight to the mini kitchen. Hyukjae looked around and observed the place Donghae lives in. It wasn’t a big flat. When you enter, there’s a small hallway with all the shoes and coats hung on the side, which leads to a receiving area or living room and in front of that was the kitchen and dining area. There isn’t much furniture, just one sofa, a table, television, small dining table for two, counter tops kitchen appliances. Then there are three doors, maybe one is his room and the other looks like the bathroom.

“Do you live alone?” Hyukjae asked as he was still standing near the sofa not sure if he should sit or not.

“Hyuk, you could sit there. Please make yourself comfortable. And yes, I live alone.” Hyukjae suddenly remembered that Donghae was sick. He immediate went to Donghae’s side.

“Aren’t you sick? Let me do that.” Donghae took out a glass and bottle of juice and was about to pour it in when Hyukjae took it from him and placed it on the countertop. “I said I’m f—” Hyukjae put the back of his hand on other’s forehead. Donghae was surprised by the sudden action of the other but he immediate removed Hyuk’s hand from his forehead. “I’m fine, Hyuk. Just.. a bad headache.”

“You’re hot.” Donghae looked at him weirdly as what he said came out kinda wrong. “I mean your temperature is a bit high and you’re speaking nasally. Obviously, you’re not feeling well. C’mon let’s put you to bed. Where is your room?” Donghae pointed at last door to the right. Hyukjae put his arms around the other’s shoulder and guided the other to the room. Donghae was coughing a bit while they were walking.

“See. Who says you’re fine?” Donghae glared at him while pouting. “Don’t look at me like that. I might forget you’re sick.”

“I don’t have enough energy to fight you back”
“Then good. Now rest. Have you had breakfast already?” They have reached Donghae’s room and the other laid in bed and Hyuk sat beside him.
“I had coffee.” Donghae has closed his eyes but still awake and aware of Hyukjae’s presence.
“That’s not breakfast. Let me cook something for you. Did you take any medicine already?”
Donghae suddenly opened his eyes in surprise. “Don’t cook. I don’t want to burn my kitchen.” Hyukjae laughed at the reaction of the other. “Hae, I know now how to cook. Trust me.”

“You do know that the last time I trusted you didn’t go so well, right?” Hyuk knew that the other was not talking about cooking anymore. It was about them. Hyuk was quiet and they were just looking at each other waiting for someone to break the silence.
“Just trust me. And you don’t have a choice. You’re sick. So stay there. Sleep first while I cook something. You look sleepy already.” Donghae looked away. “Fine. Just don’t burn my kitchen” Donghae heard Hyuk’s deep sigh. “I won’t. Just rest here. Okay?”
“Mhm.” The other answered and closed his eyes. Hyukjae stood up and went out of the room and closed the door. He headed to the kitchen and looked through the fridge to see what he can cook. He wanted to cook something with soup for the other.

Donghae heard the door closed. He let out a deep breath, like he was relieved that he was finally alone. He can’t believe himself that he let Hyukjae in his flat. It’s not like he doesn’t let guests in because Kyu has been in his flat a few times especially when the other brings him home when he gets drunk. But not like this that someone would cook in his kitchen. Just like the before, he still can’t say no to the other. He is so annoyed that his heart is like betraying him because he can feel his heart pounding when the other touched him and the way the other cares for him. They haven’t really talked properly the whole time Hyukjae was in London. He was also wondering, until when is the other gonna stay in London? He was somehow a bit thankful that Hyukjae was there because he’s not really feeling well at all.

*Ting*

He grabbed his phone and there was a text message from Kyuhyun.

From: Kyu

Are you okay? I heard you took a day off. Do you want me to bring you food and medicine?”

He’s touched by the concern, but he can’t bother Kyu as he knows that the other has a lot of work to finish.

To: Kyu

“I’m fine. Don’t worry. Hyukjae is here.”

Suddenly his phone rang. It was Kyu. He answered.

“What do you mean Hyukjae is there?” Kyu is whisphering and Donghae can hear the typing on keyboards and mouse clicks.
“He is here at my flat. In the kitchen. Cooking something”
“When did he even get here in London? And why are you not even telling me?! Are you okay?? Do you want me to go there???” Donghae chuckled a little at Kyu’s reaction
“Kyu, calm down. Hahaha. I’m fine. No need to come here. He’s not doing anything to me. He’s just worried. And I wasn’t able to tell you as you know that we had been really busy the last few days right? I just saw him last Monday.” Donghae can hear the other’s sigh.
“Are you sure you’re okay?” It made him smile a little that the other is worried for him not just because he’s sick. He knows what the other is talking about.
“Yes, Cho Kyuhyun, I am fine.”
“Okay hyung. Call me if anything happens, okay? And I’ll go to you right away.”
“Okay okay. Go work now. Do my projects too.” He even teased the other.
“Hell no, your projects are too stressful. Okay, hyung. Bye. Rest well.”
“Mhmm. Bye.” And they hung up.

Donghae put the phone back to his side table. He closed his eyes and soon he drifts off to sleep.

Hyukjae was done cooking some rice porridge with egg and kimchi jjigae. He also cleaned up the plates and other utens

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter