[2] Start of Something New

More Days With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well. You found me.” a small smile was visible on Hae’s lips. He’s looking at Hyuk, examining the hair, the face, those round eyes, fluffy cheeks and those pouty lips. He missed him. He definitely did. But he must keep himself together.

“I’m—I didn’t—I wasn’t—” Hae let out a laugh at Hyuk’s stammering like he was caught red handed.

Hae was still smiling. Hyuk didn’t say much but it already made the other laugh like that. He couldn’t help but stare at the other. He still finds it really adorable.

“C-could you stop staring!” Hyuk look away and he can really feel the heat running through his face because of embarrassment. And he heard another laugh from the bulky guy in front of him. His heart raced just with the sound of his laugh. Damn, he missed him.

“So… Hyuk. What brings you here?” It was a good thing that there are no other customers right now as they are still in the counter. Hyuk looked back at him again. “I was here for a.. vacation. I took a leave to.. have a vacation and it just so happened that you are here and I’m here too! Yea. That’s—that’s it.”

Hae was just nodding like agreeing and believing to what Hyuk just said. But still not quite convinced with the story the other was telling. “But didn’t Tina said that you were looking for me?” Hyuk’s eyes widen in surprise.

“Tina?” Hyuk asked.

“The barista who served you. The one you asked if she knows me.”

“The uh.. The painting! I saw the painting on your Instagram account and saw that in here and seemed familiar so I thought that you’ve been here that’s why” Hyuk said that all in just one breath and he just feels like he’s running out of breath and kind of weak on his knees with all of these happening right now.

“Ohh. You… know my Instagram account? Didn’t know that you knew my IG account.” Hae was smiling widely at him. Amused by everything he is hearing from the other.

“What? No! I just—” Hyuk was panicking. He was caught red-handed. Again. “Hahahaha. It’s fine Hyuk. I’ll go now. I need to go back.” Hae took Hyuk’s Iced Latte. “I’ll just take these. Tina, I’m leaving! Please make him another latte! Thank you! I’ll pay for it tomorrow!” Hae shouted so Tina can hear him from the back. Tina just shouted “Okay!” at him.

Hae was about to leave but Hyuk stopped him. He’s leaving? He just found him. “Wait! Are you.. are you just gonna leave me here?”

“Hyuk, I have work. Hahaha. I have to go. I’ll see you around. Enjoy your vacation!” Hae winked at him and left.

Tina went back to the counter to give him his latte. He asked for his food and latte to have it to-go. As he now wants to go back to the place he’s staying. Hyuk was just looking into space while waiting for his food to be wrapped up. Still absorbing everything that has happened.

“He works at SJ Advertising Company” Hyuk was distracted from his own thoughts.

“Huh?” Hyuk was surprised at what Tina said. “Why…”

Tina just smiled at him. “You were looking for him, right? But you were denying it in front of him. And I haven’t really seen him smile like that since the day he first came here 2 years ago.” Hyuk was just silent. So does this mean that he still loves me? He thought to himself. What Tina told him, gave him a bit of hope, that they could have another chance. Hyuk smiled at her. “Thank you. I really appreciate it. See you again tomorrow!” Hyuk took his breakfast and went back to the place he’s staying at.

He ate his breakfast and now he’s on his phone and looking up “SJ Advertising Company” He also found where their office is. It’s just a few blocks away from where he is staying and the coffee shop too. He has notified his supervisor that he would take the week off. He just said that there is an emergency he has to attend to. Luckily, it wasn’t much busy at work that’s why he was able to take a leave. He planned to wait on Donghae later that afternoon hoping to see him again. And maybe talk to him or ask him out? But first, he decided to buy some groceries as he can’t continue buying food outside. He can make decent meals. Like fry some eggs or anything that can be fried. And rice too.

He went out. There was a small grocery store near his place. He bought some eggs, milk, sausages and other foods he can find that can keep him alive for the next few days. He went back and cooked himself lunch. He lazed around for another hour before he decided to get ready to go out again.

Hae hurriedly went out of the coffee shop because of two things, first, he can’t stay out long as it is still working hours, and second, his knees feel weak with all that has happened. When he was a bit far from the coffee shop he sat down first on a nearby bench as he can feel his knees giving up on him. He let out a big sigh. He shouldn’t be acting like this. It’s been two ing years. And yet I still get so weak when it comes to him. God I hate myself. And what was that laugh? You look like you’re still foolishly in love with him. Donghae thought to himself. He feels frustrated that everything he has endured and worked on felt like crumbling down with just one look from him. Keep yourself together, Lee Donghae. Don’t be swayed by him. He reminded himself again for the nth time. He doesn’t want all his efforts to go to waste. It was one of the reasons why he is in London right now.

He went back to the office. Still occupied with the thoughts of Hyuk being in the same country and city with him. He fears that it won’t be the last time he’d be seeing the other. And h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter