CHEATSHEET

   CAMP HALFBLOOD ... welcoming campers!
CAMP SIGN-UP HERE!
hello and thanks for your interest in applying! i apologize ahead at how lenghty this cheatsheet will be, but i want to make the story makes as much sense as possible to everyone applying, regardless of whether or not you've read the series and/or know about greek mythology. if you're not familiar with the pjo universe, i suggest reading the box on the right first, as i'll be writing the rest of this cheatsheet on the basis that everyone already understands what i'm talking about!
 
this story is set after the events of the main pjo and hoo series, meaning there will be major spoilers from both series!! if you don't much care, then read ahead. so basically, let's say percy, annabeth and the gang are already adults, and you're all applying as the next generation of heroes. don't worry about what year it is or what the current events are, since the story focuses on things inside the camp. a few years after the last great prophecy of 7 (hoo series), another one has been made by the oracle of delphi, mentioning another set of heroes. the number is still unset, as these heroes are the accepted applicants. right now, i'm thinking another 7, but if i get a lot of apps, i'll probably increase it! the whole story revolves around these heroes in a similar manner as it did with hoo, so you can expect the same amount of fighting, violence, and emotional sequences as in the books. 
 
as for the genre, if you're familiar with the pjo books, you can expect it to be very similar. adventure-type, found family tropes, dashes of humor, and plenty of angst. 
 
as for you - the applicants! - you can apply as any ethnicity, but please don't racebend! camp halfblood is more of a summer camp, with the exception of some fulltime campers who have no where else to go. because of this, the characters are still in - or just finishing - highschool! this makes the age range anywhere from 16-18, at most late 19. fcs can be anyone with enough pictures for me to go off of, though the "looks like a highschooler" doesn't really matter too much to me. just think of this as a netflix series that casts adults as highschoolers. (though this doesn't mean you can go and use chris evans as a fc, much as i love the guy). plus, since i'm sure most of you will be applying with love interests and such, i'm not all that comfortable writing a romantic scene between like idk millie bobbie brown and finn wolfhard (im joking, by the way, if you want to use them as fcs i'm seriously not going to judge! promise!!) i know you're probably thinking, why not just write this story about adults and not children?? short answer - the whole dynamic of kids going off to fight battles the gods couldn't fight has always been intriguing to me. also, this is a summer camp. i don't think adult summer camps are a thing (are they??). 
 
following the last olympian, here is a map of the current gods that have cabins in camp halfblood. for the sake of the story, i'll only be accepting children of these twenty gods, or eighteen minus hera and artemis. i know there are lots of other cool gods out there, but for the sake of the story i had to cap it off with these 18! so yes, this also means that no roman versions of the gods, since i'm not as knowledgeable in roman mythology.
 
though not exactly magic powers, children of the gods have certain abilities they can inherit from their parents. the most well known are zeus, poseidon, and hades children with their cool flashy abilities, but the other gods' offsprings have some cool abilities as well! i suggest refering to this page right here and try to look for the god you're applying as a child of. there are other things, like appearance or personality traits you can inherit from your godly parents, which should also be mentioned in those wiki pages!
 
relationship section is a free for all, tbh. the only characters i want you to include are you mortal parents (human mom or dad), mortal siblings, and maybe your head counselor if you have one. collabs are definitely welcomed since this story will tackle the friendships forged between the chosen heroes. be friends, enemies, lovers, all up to you!
i know what you're thinking, lovers?? aren't all greek gods related?? simple answer from the pjo books - the gods don't have dna. so even if a child of hades and a child of zeus are technically cousins, as long as they have different mortal moms, they're not related! don't date within cabins though, since that's the only taboo they really mentioned in the books. the characters in the previous chapter are free to use in your relationship sections as well! if you're applying as a love interest, just please no icky s between a 16 year old character and a 19 year old character. the only ones not available are sierra donovan, who is a hunter of artemis and have sworn off romantic partners (specifically men, as said by artemis), and finnick wolf, who i, shamefully, have called dibs on. really sorry! if you want to know more about a specific character, just dm me or comment!
 
to prevent this cheatsheet from getting any much longer (i'm really sorry about this), i'll put the rest in the actual app. i hope this was informative enough for you, but if you still have questions, since i'm sure i missed a few details, then feel free to comment them below! i'll try my best to answer all of them as thoroughly as i can! 
 
SOME AMBROSIA (HAHA) POINTS: things that aren't necessary but would be nice to see! also some character ideas if you're stuck!
- fcs that really match the traits of the gods (like aphrodite's kids being pretty and hephaestus kids being "rough looking.")
- children of minor gods!! they have some of the coolest abilities, like hecate's children, who are the only demigods who can truly cast magic!!
- a younger camper that's new to the camp and feels as though everyone's had a head start 
- recently i've been a er for angsty tumblr poems. do what you must with that information.
- cool unique names. some demigods are named after historical greek figures (like percy being named after perseus), so feel free to research some! also! names that somehow have something to do with their godly parent (like how jason grace, a son of zeus, was named after one of hera's favorite heroes in order to appease her anger a little). 
- while i do love a good sob story, i do want a mix of maybe some preppy kids that had it good despite everything. a well balanced cast would be nice!
- a creative background that shows off some greek mythology knowledge hehe. this is more for the ones that know a bit about the gods, but yeah! some of the kids in the pjo universe have crazy stories, and i want to hear yours!
- perhaps adding my traumatized baby iroha in your app ahaha.
 
if you chose to have a deep, traumatizing story for your character, please be mindful of trigger warnings!
 
TAKEN THINGS:
- nana komatsu as fc and finnick wolf as love interest.
- even though iroha has finnick wolf, i'm open to have her be someone else's love interest as well! if you want to apply as her love interest, go for it! 
 
and slight news!! camp halfblood houses about nearly a hundred campers, and since i want to make the story as authentic as possible, everyone that applies is technically accepted (if there's no overlaps, of course)! the chosen applicant consists of the main cast that will be part of the great prophecy, while those that didn't get chosen will still be in camp halfblood as regular campers!
IMPORTANT FACTS!
this is a list of important facts or terminologies that i think are essential to the story. i know it's a lot, so i'll separate them into specific sections for easier navigation.
 
FACTS ABOUT HALFBLOODS!
- most halfbloods have pretty sob stories (see: the di angelo siblings and jason grace), so i won't blame you if yours has one too.
- more often than not, halfbloods have some form of adhd. this is a sign of their heightened senses, and natural aptitude for battle. some have it worst than others, but this is also why most demigods are labeled "troubled kids" in school. this is usually paired with a type of dyslexia that makes english a difficult language to interpret, since their brains are hardwired to read ancient greek. 
- "claiming" a halfblood is when the godly parent claims their children. in most cases, a holographic symbol glows over your head (a trident for children of poseidon, a red hammer for children of hephaestus, and other similar things). some gods have special claiming, like how athena's children are claimed at birth, and aphrodite's children is given something called "aphrodite's blessing," where they instantly become more beautiful. 
- halfbloods are a big red target for monsters, and this only gets worst once they realize they are a halfblood (it's weird). due to this fact, most modern halfbloods have died young, after being hunted by monsters. however, percy's deal with the gods after the second titan war of claiming their children by the age of 13 has slightly curved their death rates, but they're still in constant danger. this is why most demigods go to camp halfblood in order to learn how to defend themselves.
- halfbloods are usually lead to camp halfblood by beings called a satry, a half human - half goat. they find halfbloods all over the country and bring them over to camp halfblood for safety.
- head counselors go on this thing called a senior counsel, where they talk about war, prophecies, and quests. it's held around mr d's ping pong table in the rec room. 
 
FACTS ABOUT THE CAMP!
- as children stay in camp, they're allowed to go on quests. they are only allowed to go if they are given a prophecy by the oracle of delphi - meaning no prophecy, no quest! the halfblood given the prophecy is considered the leader, and can choose up to two other people to go with them. more are sometimes chosen, but it's considered dangerous because three is a sacred number, and a larger number than three often results in catastrophic events such as the death of a demigod or failing to achieve the main objective of the quest.
- every few decades or so, a big prophecy such as the "great prophecy" and the "prophecy of seven" is made by the oracle of delphi. these prophecies predict a big event, usually "world ending" big, and some chosen heroes destined to prevent it or let it happen. 
- the spirit of delphi travels from host to host, proposing oracles to heroes and mortals even way back in ancient greece. before meeting it's current host, rachel dare, a mortal woman, it was trapped in the decaying skeleton of it's past host, after hades cursed it from being angered by the "great prophecy" (which prophecied a child of the three elder gods as the cause of olympus' doom or salvation). 
- it's currently being led by chiron the centaur and the god dionysus aka mr d, who is on the last leg of his punishment (quick background: dionysus is a god that's been punished by his father zeus to become a camp director for a hundre years after chasing after a nymph zeus was interested in).
- there's a barrier surrounding the camp that only lets halfbloods in. this barrier protects them from monsters and all the other beings out to kill them. it also hides the camp from mortal eyes (to outsiders, it's a strawberry farm). this border is protected by a huge pine tree that was created by zeus, after his daughter thalia grace's death on her way to camp. he placed a huge pine tree where she died, and now protects the camp from any monters from entering. upon ressurection, thalia is no longer a part of the tree, but instead is being maintained by the golden fleece and is being guarded by the dragon peleus. (he's a nice boi, don't be scared). 
- once inside, halfbloods are not usually allowed to leave the camp, with the exception of quests. some halfbloods only go to camp during summer vacation and go back home for the school year, while some live there full time. the camp is located in the north shore of long island, so once the kids graduate and go off to college (usually out of state), they usually don't come back to camp often.
- there's something called a "mist," which hides magical things from human eyes. it's what lets the camp be hidden in plain sight, and what allows monsters to hunt down demigods without much fear of being apprehended by mortals.
 
FACTS ABOUT THE GODS!
- though they have cabins, two gods don't have demigod children at all. artemis, for she's one of the goddess and has sworn off men, and hera, who is the goddess of marriage and refuses to have children outside of her marriage with zeus. the hades cabin is almost always empty, since hades himself also rarely has demigod children (he's pretty loyal to persephone, so it takes a lot for him to fall in love with a mortal). 
- in the pjo series, the gods are not allowed to interact with their halfblood children. they see them less than a dozen times in their whole lifetime, and aren't allowed to intervene with their faith even if they're on the verge of death. since, confession time, i haven't completely read all of the hoo series and only know tiny little details, i don't think this rule has changed, and even if it has i think i'll still stick to it.
- names have power to them, so demigods and mortals don't just casually call the gods by their name. this is why dionysus is called mr d by the campers.
- while the gods don't intervene directly with their demigod children's quests, they're known to sometimes swing things in their favor. with some other gods (like hera or ares) who don't like demigod children that much, or want their own child to outshine the others, they'll serve as a blockage. this is always done covertly. an example would be when hera helped jason (ancient greek hero) in his quest to find the golden fleece.
 
FACTS ABOUT MONSTERS!
- monsters, like the minotaur and basically any other greek mythology monsters you can think of, are on the contant hunt for demigod blood. they're the main reason why halfbloods keep dying out. 
- once "killed," monsters don't stay dead. they reform in tartarus, and then resurrect wherever their previous physical form was slain. think of them as an op video game enemy.