Chapter 2

Fights, love,regret : Hyeju

MINJU POV

"No?" I thought. Does she not like me? I tried to remember if I did something to her in the past year, but nothing came up. In fact..I don't think I've ever talked to her....Aha! A lightbulb lit up in my brain. I figured it out! That's why she was against partnering with me! I don't talk to her. She probably feels like I'm the one that doesn't like her. I'm a pretty friendly person and I talk to almost everyone in school...except for Hyewon. "Ok, I will try to get to know her and become friends with her" I thought with a proud smile on my face. I looked over at Hyewon and saw the sunlight bouncing off of her long, wavy brown hair. I took a moment to analyze her features. From the mole on her nose to the tips of her hair. I don't know why I'm just realizing this now, but she's really pretty. I was so immersed in admiring her features that I almost didn't notice a pair of deep, brown orbs staring at me... Almost. I snapped out of my trance and saw Hyewon staring back at me. I quickly looked away and I could feel my cheeks burning up. "Ahh this is soo embarrasing ," I thought. Shaking off my embarrasment, I grabbed my pen and took out my planner. "Get to know Hyewon," I wrote on my to-do list. It is now my mission to get to know her and befriend her. 

"Ok class, I will now go over what they end of year skill battle is. So the skill battle is a battle between you and your partner. You will train everyday until the battle day," my teacher explained.

"Hm..a battle," I thought. I'm confident in my skills because I'm rank 1 in the whole school in terms of skills. 

"For the battle at the end of the year, it will be fought privately. This means that there will be no audience or judges this year. I know that when you guys were in high school, you had to battle in front of judges and they determined your score, but now that you're in college, things are different. You are given more freedom and we trust you to be responsible and fight fairly. You will not be able to use any outside help. You will only be able to use your skill during the battle. Additionally, you will choose your battle ground. A disclaimer, these battles are not to be fought with ill intentions. You guys are friends, classmates, and will fight fairly. I know that some of you guys have deadly skills, which is why I think I partnered you guys up with formidable opponents," my teacher continued explaining.

*RINGG* 

"Ok, class dismissed! Everyone make sure to practice your skill, that's your only homework," my teacher said dismissing us.

I packed all my stuff and grabbed my bag. I exited the classroom and headed out the school. Since I live in the dorms, I have to exit the school to get to the dormitory. My dorm is on the other side of the campus. After I exited the building, I spotted my friend wating at our usual waiting spot, the benches. I approached the bench and said, "Hey Chaewon!" 

"Hey Minju! How was class. Did you get your skill partner? I got mine just now," Chaewon said greeting me with a smile.

"Yeah, I got Hyewon. Do you know who that is," I asked. If I want to befriend her, I have to know a bit about her.

"Hmm, I don't think I know a Hyewon. But then again, I don't really mingle with people. Shouldn't you know? You know, with you being Minju Angel," Chaewon replied teasingly.

"Ugh don't say that. It's embarrasing. But no.. I don't know Hyewon. I don't think she likes me.." I replied sighing.

"What! HOW COULD SOMEONE NOT LIKE MS. MINJU ANGELLL," Chaewon shouted, not caring about the people around us.

"Awrgh be quiett, " I said dragging her and apologizing to everyone who had to witness that embarrasing scene. Chaewon and I walked to our dorms together since we live in the same building.

"I can ask my partner. She may know a Hyewon," Chaewon said.

"Yay, thank you," I replied brightly, hugging her.

We got to our dorm and I said bye to Chaewon. I walked to the elevator since she lives on the first floor and I live on the fourth. I finally made it to my room and took off my shoes. Pheww I do not like walking and I don't know why they made the dorm so far away from the main building. I took my laptop out of my bag and set it on my desk.

Hmm I should probably think about what I'm going to do for the end of year battle. My power is teleportation. It's a pretty basic skill, not as cool as some other people's powers. Like Chaewon! She has ice powers so she can turn water into ice. It's super cool. My teleportation power may not be as cool, but I can use it well. That's why I'm ranked first in the whole school. *insert minju smirk face* Hyewon..hm..I need to know her power. I searched up the student directory on our school website and punched in Hyewon's name. 

Hyewon : 1st year : Weapon summoning : 2 : xx middle : xx high

I read her description. Whatt! She's rank 2?? How did I not know.. and she went to the same middle and high school as me?! I silently cursed myself for being such a clumsy frog.(Minjugatoo) No wonder she doesn't like me..she's been with me since the beginning, but I'm just now finding out she exists? (exaggeration..of course I knew she existed) Hm weapon summoning..interesting. I continued searching for more clues about her that could help me get close to her. Time passed and I looked at the clock. 6 pm. Wow time flew by so fast. I took a quick shower, closed my laptop, and went to bed. Tomorrow. Tomorrow I will try to befriend her :)

 

------

Author's note:

Ahh I didn't expect to get views or comments or subscriberrss. TYSM and ILY ;)              please let me know what you think of this chapter :)

My brain is kind of fried cuz school is hard haha plus I have to take STAAR this week.(an exam required for u to graduate)

Please subscribe and upvote it! ..I don't really know what voting does..but it sounds cool so yea hehe

Thanks again! Alsoo uploads may be slower because of school and everything *shrug* 

but ill try to upload as often as possible! 

+ here's your side dish ;)