Chapter 1

Fights, love,regret : Hyeju

   HYEWON POV

    *RINGGG* 
I woke up from my nap when I heard the sharp school bell ring. I stood up and grabbed all of my math books. 
"Ya, Kwangbaee," my friend Yena shouted from across the room. "Let's go to skill class." 
"Be quiet, you duck," I said as I rolled my eyes, exiting the classroom. I can't believe I'm friends with these people..they're so loud. Right on cue, a dog came running down the hallway and put me in a headlock. I pushed Yujin (the dog) away and continued walking to class. 
"Ya Kwangbae," Yujin said, "Why don't you like skill class? You're good at it. Plus, skill class is like the only class we all have together." 

"I just don't like it," I replied with a shrug.

For the people that don't know, our school is..different. We are different. Our school is kind of like Hogwarts, you know, that school in Harry Potter. We all have special abilities and we have classes to sharpen our skills (a.k.a. skill class).

As we entered the classroom I made contact with the person I hate the most..Kim Minju. It's not that she's mean or anything, in fact, she's really nice..too nice. Everyone loves Minju. They praise her and even call her Minju Angel. Minju is the top in our school, rank number 1. And me..I'm number 2. Right below Minju. It's always been that way, since the very beginning. Although I don't really talk to her, I've grown to dislike her. Somehow we've managed to go to the same school throughout elementary, middle, and high school. Now that I'm in my first year college, I thought I could finally get away from her. But man was I wrong. I swear, it's like she's following me..I see her everywhere I go. I quickly averted my gaze and sat down. 

"Hello class," my skills teacher said, "Today we will be assigning partners for the end of year skill battle. The partner you get, will be the partner you will have for the rest of the year." 

I looked at Yujin and Yena and prayed that I would get them. I don't talk to anyone else, so it would be pretty awkward to have a partner with someone else in the class. But honestly, as long as I don't get Minju, it's fine. 

"Hyewon?" "Hyewon!," my teacher shouted. 

I snapped out of my trance and noticed everyone staring at me. "I'm here! Sorry" I replied

"Did you hear anything I just said? Like I was saying, Hyewon will be paired up with Minju." my teacher said.

"No!" I exclaimed standing up from my chair. Everyone looked at me with questioning eyes. 

"No? Do you have something against Ms. Minju? Should I make you two dorm together?" my teacher asked.

"Sorry, hehe reflex?..I have nothing against her. She's great!" I said, trying to play it off smoothly, "There's no need to do that."

"Ok let's move on" my teacher responded with a sigh. She then continued listing pairs. I silently cursed in my mind. I can't believe I'm paired with Minju..for the rest of the year too..

------

Author's Note:

Hey guys! This is my first ff. It feels kind of weird to write one lol. I just love hyeju and there aren't that many ffs. TT

Please comment what you guys think!