Tread on Me

Words in Page

Hello! Thank you for opening this chapter ehehe please stream IYAH MV before you read this story and vote for Seungyoon in music shows <33  Thank you!

 

 

  It’s such a cliche reason to break up. I didn’t have time for him, he said.

 

“And if you loved me, you would’ve made time”

 

I hated that sentence so much, he has no idea. Time is limited, and I’m just a man with the world all around me spinning like a malfunctioned merry-go-round—I cannot make time with a snap of a finger. Who do you think I am? So many things are happening and I didn’t mean to put you in the outer line. I simply hoped that while I try to hold on to these things, you’d hold on to me instead. You’d endure. You’d let me finish all these and I will finally get back to holding you again. Only you.

 

But I guess you’re just a man too. You deserve someone who doesn’t expect you to keep holding on while they hold every other thing. Maybe I am the one who’s not in a place to be in a relationship at all.

 

Though I still hated that you think I didn’t love you enough. Because how could you possibly say that to me? I’d crack my head open and let you in if I can, so you can see how much of you is in there. You wouldn’t even be able to get inside completely because it’s so full of you already. Perhaps only then you will stop hating what’s in my head. And I’d rip my heart out for you, cut it open so you can see that what pours out is all your name. Not a single alphabet that belongs to others and others who see that would say I’m insane. Your name will flood around your own feet as you hold my heart in your hand and only then will you stop doubting what I feel. But I can’t do any of those, Mino. There’s nothing I can do to make you listen, not now. Not like this when you’re so angry and tired.

 

Break me with the cruelest words you cant think of. Brutally tread on me and go, far away. Don’t leave any lingering feelings, just.... completely, totally... so that the longing won’t ever sprout again.

 

You did that perfectly, Song Mino. I hope you know that. If only you’d look back and see how much damage you’ve done, but you didn’t. You walked away without looking. Yeah, do it like that. Just like that. You’re doing it just right.

 

You don’t need to be sorry. Just look the other way, like you don’t know who I am.

 

I’ll remember those words and everything else you say, so if my selfish little heart ever thinks about crawling its way back to you something will slap it from the inside, and it's your words.

 

I’m a bad guy, yeah it’s true, I’m trash. How much lower can I go?

 

You’re crying when you say it. I guess the mean words are breaking your heart too. You’re such a kind person, so I guess it’s just expected. You can’t hurt someone without feeling it on your own skin. But you have to, you really need to.

 

Hate and hate on those painful memories until you erase them. That way, you won’t even see me in your dreams.

 

You left the door closed with a loud bang, like the ending drum of a magnificent show. Once the vibration is over what’s left is darkness and silence. No one to clap over it except me, but I am unable to do such. My hands just hang on my side like it’s dead. Like the power cord that allows it to move is cut off. I cried after a quiet long minute. Breaking down into pieces, feeling like a worthless burned down plant. Dead and crumbled into nothing. Will soon be unrecognizable.

 

The gasp of cry hurt my chest like an explosion inside. I fell down to the floor, eyes still fixated on the door where I last see a piece of you. You’re really gone now. You’re truly out of my reach now. You let go of your hold, making me feel empty even though I’m holding on to so many things. Those things now felt like skeletons of the dream I used to believe to be the things that matter. Now it’s just a gray, dead space to me.

 

See? Song Mino, I wasn’t lying. You are everything. You are most of me and what I am. When you leave like this everything else is nothing at all. But that’s alright. You did the right thing. I know you did.

 

What can I do? You deserve to fly. We can’t let your wings be trapped under this net they call affection.

 

I’ll stand up, one day. Maybe it’s gonna take a long while, gonna be a long day. But I’ll stand up. And I’ll try to walk, still carrying all these dead dreams with me because that is all I have now. I will love you still, just because I can’t think of anything else that will help me breathe.

 

Hey, Mino...

 

You don’t need to be sorry. Just look the other way. Like you don’t know who I am. Consider me a stranger.

 

Hey... Mino?

 

I’ll stay here. Okay?

 

 

 

Note : thank you to @softboimino for PAGE album lyric translations <3 I based the story on their trans ^^ 

(ENDING SPOILER) this will have a happy ending don't worry haha