Wink

Just as Lucky

I groaned reaching for my phone on the bed side table. I don't know how long it's been ringing but I sure do want to smash it to pieces. I turned off the alarm and stretched mumbling incoherent words on why do I need to work. 

After taking a bath, doing everything necessary and deciding to throw on anything from my cabinet, I'm now sitting on my kitchen island munching my cereal. I could already hear Jihyo unnie saying that I should eat real food instead. 

It's been a week since the wedding and my days have been nothing but hectic. My mind wandered on a certain brown eyed brunette. The thought of getting her number from Mina unnie definitely crossed my mind but I don't have any idea what to say so I just shook it off. Before I get lost with my thoughts again I quickly got up ang washed my bowl before I leave.

I heard my phone rang as I was about to enter the elevator, "Yo Seul?".

"Hey dubs, I have a favor", she answered. I could hear the nervousness in her voice.

"What is it?", I asked as I pressed the button for groundfloor.

"Can you shoot for the magazine today?"

"Why?"

"Irene is not feeling well today, I don't want to leave her", she answered in a whisper. The elevator stopped at 5th floor and dinged indicating someone will come in. I turned my back to them not wanting to be rude. 

"Can't Jeong unnie do that? Models can be clingy at times it's annoying."

"Exactly! You know Momo will kill me if I do that. I'll work double? Please dubs?"

"And how sure are you that I won't kill you?", I whispered.

"Please?", I could already hear the pout on her voice. I hate that they know my weakness. "Dubs?"

"Ugh fine! Tell Irene unnie to get better fast.", I heard Seulgi squealed from the other line then thanked me. I rolled my eyes and chuckled then dropped the call, I really can't say no to my friends.

When I turned around, I saw a familiar pair of brown eyes looking back at me. "birdie!"

"Peanut, how many times do I have to tell you not to call everyone that? That's rude okay? Now say sorry- eh? It's you!"

"It's me", I smiled sheepishly at Sana, interrupting whatever she has to say. "Hey peanut!", I greeted the boy ruffling his hair. He released a cute giggle that warmed my heart.  "Wait, do you live here?"

"Hmm yea, we just got settled yesterday", Sana answered then the elevator dinged at the same time. They live here? What a coincidence.. 

"Where you heading at?", I asked as we stepped out of the lift. 

"I'll drop Kai here to the daycare then head straight to work", she replied while helping peanut adjust the strap of his bag.

"Oh I can come with iif you want?", I asked looking at my watch. ! Why did I say that? I'll be late for work. But my mental battle is interrupted by a soft voice. 

"It's okay Dahyun-ah, it's just around the corner", I mentally sighed a breathe of relief. I don't know if she'd seen me looking at my watch or she's just a mind reader. Either way I'm thankful of the rejection, wait, that sounded bad! 

I mentally groaned, I should not make talking to myself a hobby. "You sure?"

"Yep", she answered popping the p. "Besides, I don't want to keep you from those clingy models". My eyes widened and I stopped on my tracks.

"Wait- I- No, it's-", I heard her giggle and saw that she's already walking ahead of me.

"See you later Dahyunie"

"Bye bye birdie!", The little boy beside her waved her small arms. Oh right, Kai is still with us, how can I forget!

"Bye peanut! Be a good boy", I waved back and saw him nodding his head. They were about to turn the corner when I thought of something. "Sana unnie!", she stopped walking and looked back. "Can I get you some coffee next time? I mean you don't have to, if you just want. I-"

"Sure", I heard her say ending my misery. Then she continued walking but not before leaving me speechless with a wink. My face hurts from smiling, my heart stammering in my chest but now I feel like a bucket of cold water was just splashed on me. How could I forgot to get her number again? I groaned to myself, stupid!

-

I sighed as I sat on the bus. I always loved taking buses, I have a car but I rarely use it. When I listen to some music, I'll drown people's voices but not completely. I still hear them murmur around me but atleast I know I'm not alone. I don't like being alone, it just makes me sad. I often go to chaeng's house when I'm free but now that she's married, I don't want to intrude. 

The girls always teases me to get a girlfriend because they know how I hate being alone. They even come as far as setting me up on a date and that's how I met Irene unnie. But before we could even strike a conversation, the first words she said to me was, 'I'm inlove with someone'

I looked at her weirdly then, I almost didn't know why she's telling me that but then I realized that we're on a date and she didn't want to lead me on. I just replied with a, 'you're in luck today because I'm good at giving advices' then winked at her. Then she laughed and began telling me about this girl, her bestfriend. We talked for hours that day, it's funny looking back then because now Seulgi is working for me and they're now a happy couple.

I looked outside the window and saw that I'm near the park. I decided to walk around for a while before going home so I got off the nearest stop. My phone dinged when I started walking, it was Seulgi asking me how the shoot went. I sent her a quick reply then continued walking. I'm exhausted, more to say my cheeks are. I don't know what's with models and cheeks because they sure want to pinch mine everytime. 

The weather is good today, the sun is hidden behind the clouds making kids free to play. Wait, I squinted my eyes to make sure I'm seeing it right, it's Sana unnie and Kai. What are the odds? This is too cliche for real!

I took out my camera and took a picture. I looked at it and it's beautiful. Kai is placing a flower that he picked, I guess, on Sana's ear while she's smiling at her son. 

"Mind if I take a look?", I heard someone say behind me. I turned my head so quick it but then I immediately regretted it. Sana unnie is so close, I can feel her breathe, our nose inches apart. My eyes flickered to her nose, down to her lips, it looks so soft... Dahyun get a hold of yourself!

I quickly stepped back and cleared my throat. When I looked at her she have this sweet smile on her face like she always does. She have kai on her arms and I internally face palmed myself. I can't believe I had those thoughts earlier while kai is here. "Wh- what did you say again?"

"You seem to be lost on your thoughts lately Dahyun-ah", I can feel my face heat up at that and I saw her chuckling."I said if I could take a look at the picture?"

"Oh sure", I handed her my camera and examined her reaction. She looked shocked then immediately her expression softened. Her eyes shined as she looked at the picture and her smile widened. 

"Kai look, it's us!",she adjusted the camera so he could take a look.

"Mama it's pwetty", that just made me smile. I've heard somewhere that kids always gives honest opinions. So if it is, I'm happy that they both liked it.

"Right?", Sana shifted her attention to me the handed me back the camera. "Can I have a copy of that Dahyun-ah?", she asked giving me a hopeful look. She looked so cute with her pout and a puppy eyes but then Kai did it too, they looked so alike!

"Now, how can I say no to that?" I shook my head as both of them cheered. I watched them with a smile on my face, is this what happiness truly feels like? 

-

We're now inside the elevator. We just walked around the park for awhile the went home when Kai said he's tired and hungry. I really enjoyed their company specially how goofy they both are. I'm quite sad that this day had to end. 

The elevator dinged indicating their floor. I felt Kai tugged on my hand so I kneeled down to his eye level. "Will we see each other tomowow?", he asked with a cute voice. I looked at Sana unnie and she just shrugged.

"Of course peanut"

"And the next day?", I nodded.

"We live on the same building now so I'll surely see you", he then cheered like he did earlier but I'm shocked when I felt him kissed me in my cheek. 

"Bbye birdie!", he said then ran out of sight.

"Peanut don't run!", Sana unnie shouted after him. "Sorry about that,I didn't know he moves fast". I chuckled at her commenting about his son's dating skills. "Anyways I should get going. Thank you for today Dahyun-ah", she stepped back and the door's about to close the I remembered something.

"Wait Sana unnie!", I peeked my head on the door. 

"Hmm?"

"I- can I get your number", I asked looking everywhere but her.

"I thought you'll never ask", she stretched out her hand and I released a breathe of relief when I handed her my phone. 

"See you later Dahyun-ah", I looked at my phone then saw her also wrote her name.

Sana-chan ;)<3

When I looked up, the door is closing but not before she sent me another wink. I looked at the closed door with a smile on my face. I probably looked like an idiot but I'm very happy right now. For the first time in a while, I'm looking forward to whatever tomorrow brings.