Warmth

Just as Lucky

"Is everything all set? Did you find an angle on the spot I told you about?", Seulgi sighed as she lowered her camera. She also works on our photo studio and I trust her with this but I want everything perfect for my bestfriends wedding. 

We're currently on the wedding venue. It screamed with elegance and 'Mina is whipped at Chaeyoung'. They decided to have a garden themed wedding and the decorations are combined with white and coral colors. The view is perfect as you can see the sea at the side. Mina really boast her money on this.

"Dubs, you don't have to worry a thing. I got this", she gave me a reassuring smile and tapped my head.  "And shouldn't you be calming Chaeyoung's nerves right now?"

"Nah, Jihyo unnie and Nayeon unnie can do that for me. But you're right, I should go. Are you sure you don't need help?"

Seulgi tapped her chin and act like she's really in deep thoughts. "I need you to drink some water, you look like you're the one getting married." I smiled sheepishly at her.

"Sorry, they both trusted me on this. I don't want to mess it up"

"You won't dubs, we're the best in town yea?", I snorted as Seulgi said that. We're not really the best but we are getting there. I hope so.

"Yea yea fine I'll go. See you later!", she just shoo'ed me off and went back to her camera. 

I thought about going straight to Chaeyoung's room but decided to stop by Mina's. I knocked on the door twice and when I heard a faint come in I burst the door open., "Well how's our beautiful brid- wow.."

My mouth opened and closed, I probably looked like a fish by now. Every thoughts are gone and I'm just staring at the beautiful piece infront of me. Sana is wearing a pastel coral colored dress that perfectly hugged her curves. Her hair is down and had a beautiful wave that flows on her shoulder. 

"You look beautiful-", I whispered but then I heard someone cleared , my thoughts are interrupted and I felt like a cold bucket of water was splashed on my whole being. I looked around and saw three pair of eyes looking at me. "Mina, yea you look uh so beautiful"

She's wearing a beautiful white wedding dress and her hair is up in a bun. Momo unnie is wearing a kinda similar dress to Sana. I chanced a peek at Sana and she have and amused look on her face.

"I'll just check on Kai for a while, I'll be back Mitang.", Sana said. I cleared my throat when she's out of the room.

"What?", my friends have this teasing look on their face.

"You look beautiful"

"Mina",  Mina started and Momo continued then they burst out in laughter. "You should've seen your face Dahyun-ah. What was that?"

"What was what?", I asked back.

"Do you like her?", Mina unnie asked.

"She have a kid and probably a husband"

"She have a kid, but definitely don't have a husband", Mina unnie said then winked.

"Whatever, I don't like her like that", I muttered.

"Whatever you say Dahyun-ah"

I groaned and sat on the couch Momo is sitting. I laid my head on her shoulder and closed my eyes. I felr Momo unnie softly tapped my cheeks. "Didn't slept well?"

"Hmm not really", I should have if not a certain brunette is messing with my head.

I kept my eyes closed as I heard Mina and Momo unnie talk about something then my phone buzzed on my hand. I looked at it and saw Chaeng's caller id. "Okay duty calls", I waved them my phone and stood up.

"You really look beautiful Mina unnie"

"Thank you Dahyun-chan", she gave me a soft smile

"What about me?", Momo unnie asked

"I don't know, you look... okay?", I laughed and ran to the door when I saw her grab a cushion to throw at me. 

When I successfully dodged the flying cushion and walked out the door, I felt a body bumped into me. They nearly fell down but thankfully my reflexes kicked in and I luckily caught them. 

When I pulled them up I came face to face with Sana, "Ah thank you Dahyun-chan. I'm usually a little clumsy". My eyes travel to her brown eyes, her long eyelashes, to the bridge of her nose then my eyes flicker on her pink lips.

"Dahyun-chan?",my eyes went up to her eyes again, it's shining brightly for some reason. A scent of vanilla whipped on my senses. My face suddenly heat up when I realized that my hands are still on her waist.

"Uh sorry. I'm ah, no problem.", I quickly retreated my hands and stepped back looking anywhere but her. "Uhm Kai must have got it from you",her face looked confuse so I continued. "I mean he also bumped on me yesterday, by the way who's with him?"

"Tzuyu looking after him and the other kids.", I nodded then felt my phone buzzed again. 

"I should go before Chaeng kill me"

"You should, we wouldn't like that. See you at the wedding Dahyun", she smiled and passed by me. 

"Uhh Sana?"

"Hmm", she stopped and faced me.

"You look great", I smiled as I saw her cheeks with a tint of pink because of the compliment. 

"You don't look bad yourself Dahyunie", she said with a wink, leaving me smiling like an idiot. 

Dahyunie.. I like that. 

-

"Bro! Where have you been?!", Chaeng asked too loud for my liking when I entered the room. 

"Whoa easy there tiger, I just checked on Mina", I think hearing Mina's name is enough to make her calm. 

"Well, I think you should see that for yourself in about 5 minutes", I said looking at my imaginary clock. 

"You're such an "

"That's what they say", I shrugged my shoulders as I plopped down on the seat. I looked at Chaeng and she's also wearing a white wedding dress with a streak of peach shades. "How are you doing?"

"Great, a lot of nerves. But mostly excited.", she sighed but I can see in her eyes how happy she is. 

"I'm so happy for you chae"

"Thanks dubs. Come here", she opened her eyes and I didn't hesistate to dive in for a hug. 

"Okay softies time's up. It's time chaeng", we heard Jeong unnie say behind us. We broke the hug and she nodded to Jeong.

"We'll be there in a minute", jeong made an okay sign then went out. 

"I'll wait for you outside" I said tapping her shoulder but before I could go she grabbed. "Still nervous?"

"No, I just... I think it's about time you stop being happy for us and be happy for yourself. Yea?", I didn't answer her but instead I gave her a smile and squeezed her hand. 

Happiness.. my mind instantly went to a certain brunette and I can't help but smile to myself.

-

The ceremony started and the couple is now saying their vows to each other. Nayeon and Jihyo unnie are a crying mess, they cry harder than the brides combined, I just know that me and Jeong unnie will have a fun time teasing them about it later. 

I sneak a glance on Sana, which I think I have been doing the entire ceremony but this time she caught me. I should have looked away but I can't. She had this beautiful smile directed at me. She's now wearing a flower crown on her head like every other bridesmaid but it suits her perfectly. 

Our staring was cut off by the howling around us as I heard, "You may now kiss your bride". I joined the crowd when I saw Mina's shy smile and Chaeng surprisingly leading the kiss. "Get it chaeng!", Jeong cheered behind me. 

-

The venue is as elegant as the wedding's. We are on a huge tent that is decorated beautifully. I don't even know how the hell they placed a chandelier in the ceiling without the tent falling down. They have a live band making the atmosphere more romantic. 

Dinner is served a while ago and boy I didn't realize how hungry was I before they served it on the table. I'm immersed in a conversation with Jeong unnie when I heard my name being called. "I think it's time for the best woman talk", Jeong said so I stood up and went in front. 

I cleared my throat and when I received the mic, "So yea, I'm not really good at speeches but I prepared this gift for the brides. I'm really happy for the both of you. Love you both". They both mouthed me 'we love you too' and I smiled as I sat down on the keyboard, ignoring the 'softie' comment from Jeong unnie. I closed my eyes as I started playing the keys.

It's her hair and her eyes today

That just simply take me away

And the feeling that I'm falling further in love

Makes me shiver but in a good way.

When I opened my eyes I saw Chaeng holding Mina's hands while they go to the center to have their first dance. 

Cause I love her with all that I am

And my voice shakes along with my hands

Cause she's all that I see and she's all that I need

And I'm out of my league once again

I smiled as I see my friend wrapped in each other's embrace swaying with the song. I looked around and saw my other friends holding their wives. Then finally my eyes landed on her. Sana has her eyes closed but mine never left hers.

All the times I have sat and stared

As she thoughtfully thumbs through her hair

As she purses her lips, bats her eyes, and she plays with me

Sittin' there, slacked-jaw and nothing to say

I watched as Sana slowly opened her eyes and drifted into mine. She has her usual warm smile. She propped her chin on her hands and her elbow on the table. I sang the last line of the song with my eyes fixed on hers. 

Yes, she's all that I see and she's all that I need

And I'm out of my league once again

I broke the eye contact and briefly closed my eyes, I heard everyone clapping and whistling. I opened my eyes and stood up then bowed at them. The newly wed mouthed me a thank you then continued their dance as the band took over. Few of the guests then joined them on the dance floor. 

"That was...", Jihyo unnie started when I reached our table offering me a wine."emotional..", I snickered at that. 

"Come on, I just played. Ya'll always hear me sing."

"Not with that emotions though"

"Not you too Nayeon unnie"

"You definitely should ask her to dance", I groaned knowing who Jihyo unnie is referring to. "Your feelings aside but I think that guy right there is trying to hit on her and she doesn't look happy"

My eyes travelled to her table and saw a guy sitting close, too close for my liking. I looked around to find Momo unnie and she's on the dancefloor with Jeongyeon unnie. I stood up not answering Jihyo then went straight their table. 

"Hey!", I greeted while standing inbetween them. Sana looked shocked and relieved when she saw me. "Hey Dahyun-ah"

"Do you mind if I borrow Sana?", I asked the guy and saw his forehead furrowed clearly not happy me interjecting.

"Yes actually-"

"Good then, let's dance?", I offered my hands to Sana. I held my breathe when she just looked at it then felt relieved as she took it and stood up. 

I faced the guy and the look on his is definitely not friendly, "What's your name again?"

"Jisoo"

"Ah see you later Jiwoo"

"It's Jisoo", if it's possible to see a smoke flaring on your nose when your mad, he's probably steaming by now.

"Nice to meet you Jihyun", with that I dragged Sana on the dance floor then stopped when I heard her giggle. 

"He looks really pissed you know?", Sana said inbetween her laughs.

"I know, my palms are sweating. But you looked very uncomfortable so yea."

"Thanks for saving me"

"I didn't really saved you", I scratched the back of my head suddenly embarassed.

"Yes you did. So how do we do this?", Sana asked. I nearly faced palmed myself. Right, I did asked her to dance. 

"Is it okay to touch you?", then she laughed like it's the.most ridiculous question to be asked. "Sorry I'm just nervous, I usually just drink my wine at the table"

"It's okay, here", my body stiffened when I felt her intertwined her fingers at the back of my neck. "Relax Dahyun-chan", she whispered. I nodded my head then felt my body relax. I lift my arms so that my hands is placed on her waist. 

"You know, I think I'm older than you", Sana said. I think she's trying to break the awkwardness that surrounds us. 

"Hmm? Is this you trying to make me call you unnie?", I asked lifting my brows. 

"Maybe. Maybe not", she replied shrugging her shoulders. 

"I didn't know you have this kink on you Minatozaki", I teased to which I earned a playful slap on my shoulder.

"It's not a kink, and how did you know my last name?"

"I have my ways when I want something.", I answered winking at her. She just laughed and shook her head.

We talked about random things all through out the dance then as the song stopped I reluctantly pulled back. I placed my hand on the back and the other is removing my invisible hat then bowed at her. I watched her laugh as she tipped each sides of her dress and bowed like a princess.

I offered her my arms which she gladly clinged at and brought her to our table. Because honestly, I know Ji hu guy will come back atleast I know the unnies are here. I'm about to took a sit when Seulgi called out behind me. 

"Why, what's wrong?", I asked when I jogged towards her. 

"It's just, one of our client is very angry. They said they have this deadline they need to meet. With the amount of works we have lately, Joy must have mixed it up and send the wrong file."

"Okay then, get the car ready. I'll just talk to Chaeng and Jeong then go"

"Are you sure? I can handle it for now, you can go tomorrow. Just enjoy your friends wedding"

"It's about to end and I won't let you deal with it alone. Besides Joy must be freaking out by now."

"Fine, I'll wait for you at the parking lot. By the way I already informed Jeong", I nodded my head and Seulgi just sighed knowing she wouldn't change my mind.

I walked up to where Chaeng and Mina is and explained the situation. They're sad that I'm leaving first but they understand. I hugged them both and bid them goodbye then went to our table. 

"Announcement humans, your majesty is about to leave", they looked at me then sound of protest is heard. "Sorry, I'll make it up to ya'll", I went around the table and gave each of them a hug. "Where's Sana?"

"I think she left for the restroom", Nayeon unnie answered just as my phone buzzed. It's Seulgi telling me we have to go. 

"Okay, see you guys"

"Wait, you won't wait for her?", Jihyo unnie asked.

"I really really want to, but I have to go. Can you tell her for me?"

"Sure dahyun-ah take care."

"You sure you don't want me to come?", Jeong asked

"Yep, Momo unnie will kill me if I do.", I looked at Momo unnie. She nodded her head and gave me a sweet smile,  the one you give when you want to murder someone. 

"Okay then, keep me updated okay?", I nodded my head then bid them goodbye.

I felt my phone buzz for the nth time so looked at it. I'm not really looking to where I am going so I'm not surprised when my head bumped into something.

"Ow! I'm sorry I'm in a hurry", I rubbed my head and bowed.

"It's the second time this day", huh? I looked up to see Sana rubbing her head.

"Sana.. unnie", she have this ghost smile in her face when I said that or maybe I saw it wrong

"Off to somewhere?"

"Ah yea, there's emergency at work so I have to go."

"Oh, you should hurry then", I thought I saw her face fell. If it is, she quickly masked it.

"Yea, it's really nice to meet you Sana unnie", I don't know if it's appropriate to hug her so I settled with a shake.

"It's my pleasure Dahyun-chan", she said quietly laughing when I offered her my hands to shake which she gladly took. I looked at her eyes for, i hope not, the last time. I squeezed it and bid her goodbye.

I sat on the front seat looking at the pictures on the camera as Seulgi drive us to the studio. "You good?"

"Hmm", my fingers stopped when a certain picture caught my attention. Me, jihyo, nayeon, tzuyu and jeongyeon sat around the table their kids on their laps, while the newly wed is behind us, sana and momo on either side of them each carrying their kids. Something inside me switched when I saw that. It feels...

Complete.

"Don't you think goodbye is a sad thing?", Seulgi looked at me weirdly then returned her focus on the road.

"It is. I preferred til we meet again.", I hummed at her answer. Then looked outside and watched as the scenery moved past me. I smiled when my thoughts went to a certain brunette with a warm brown eyes.

Til we meet again...

Sana unnie.