joohyun

up in the air
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Please stow away your table ma’am, please also lift up the window shade fully. Thank you,” Sooyoung requests the pair, as the plane and its passengers prepare to land. The short trip to Seoul from Tokyo is even faster than Seulgi imagined. Though to her dismay, she hasn’t gotten to know Irene as much as she’d hoped to.

Having followed the flight attendant’s instructions, Seulgi neatly packs her backpack when in the corner of her eye, she spots Irene reaching to place her cup of water on the fold out table, only to totally miss and spill the liquid everywhere. She missed quite blatantly too…. considering the table is right in front of her?

“Oh my gosh I’m so sorry!” Irene apologises, hastily soaking up the spilled water and patting down Seulgi with tissues she grabs from her bag. 

“No worries, it’s alright! It’s just water after all,” Seulgi reassures, still a little confused about the situation. Thinking back on Irene’s conversation with Jennie, Seulgi’s even more curious now. And the curiosity finally catches up with her.

“Hey, um….are you okay? Is there anything wrong?” she asks bravely, as the two finishing cleaning up the mess.

“Nothing….it’s nothing,” Irene answers emptily. But Seulgi can sense that there’s something more beyond the facade.

“May I ask, what’s your story?”

 

 

All her life, Irene has had an invested interest in fashion. From Prada to Chanel, she’s eagerly paid attention to all their iconic designs and dedicated her life to creating her own fashion empire that rivals the best and the most respected. Now in her mid 20s, she finds herself in Tokyo on an internship with an infamous mentor she’s worked hard to earn. Her life is all she’s ever dreamed of, it’s on the right track that she planned for herself. 

Until it isn’t.

One day, Irene is randomly sketching designs for the upcoming Spring season, accompanied as usual by her best friend Jennie. The two met through their internship and ever since have been inseparable, bonding over a shared love for fashion. 

Quickly getting the ideas in her head down onto the paper in front of her, Irene starts to notice her vision getting blurry. Suddenly, she finds everything hard to make out and for a moment she can’t see clearly.

Paranoia runs rampant through her mind and she’s reminded of the fact that lately she’s been squinting a lot and even glasses don’t help much. She’d always thought she had 20/20 vision, but clearly not. At least not anymore.

Concerned, Jennie takes her straight to the optometrist. And the results aren’t positive.

As it turns out, she’s rapidly losing her eyesight.

They don’t know exactly ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter