wendy

up in the air
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gazing out the window, Seulgi is fascinated by the clouds. She’s never been so high up, never thought such a feat would be so possible. Up here among the clouds, nothing seems to matter, the people below so tiny just are her worries.

“Hey, is everything okay?” a girl softly asks, snapping Seulgi out of her train of thought. Glancing to her left, she finds the girl is actually speaking to Irene, not her.

And as usual, she doesn’t recognise her face. Just as always, it’s a blur to her. The enigma that is Irene is even more confusing now.

“I’m fine, Jennie. Just enjoy the flight,” Irene brushes off. So the fashionably dressed girl has a name….Jennie. Come to think of it they’re both dressed very nicely, especially considering it’s just a flight. Seems like they’re almost heading to a fashion show, or maybe I’ve just missed the memo. 

The girl, Jennie, pushes further, clearly concerned for some reason. “Are you sure? Do you need your meds? You didn’t take them this morning….”

“I’m fine,” Irene slightly snarls, visibly frustrated with the friend’s incessant worries before calming down. “Sorry I didn’t mean to get upset,” she apologises guiltily. “Just go back to your seat, Jennie ah. I’m really okay,” she reassures, patting the girl’s hand.

“If you say so….Remember I’m just here if you need,” Jennie reminds, pointing to her seat a few aisles away before walking off.

The nature of the conversation intrigues Seulgi. Given Jennie’s mention of medication, Irene must be sick in some way. But she doesn’t look so, perhaps it’s an invisible condition like her own. As curious as she is, she pretends that she didn’t overhear the conversation and turns away. After all, Irene does seem very closed off. She’ll just have to wait and see if she opens up.

Suddenly, Seulgi hears a bump in the gap next to her seat and looks down, finding a small camera. 

“Hi….Sorry, may I please have that back?” the passenger behind her kindly asks with her hand out. 

 

 

Spending most of her days studying, Seungwan’s always finished at the top of her class, receiving numerous awards in recognition. All her life she’s been the perfect straight-A student. She’s always learnt piano, always occupied a leadership posit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter