02.

I want to bite you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days that followed after their little moment were boring and dull. Minjeong doesn't really know why. She couldn't quite put a finger on her current problem. Not that she really cared about it, but it kinda irks her without knowing.

 

For Minjeong believes that every question has an answer.

 

She huffs, feeling grumpier than ever. She skims the stack of paper by her table, eyes tired and droopy. Yeji, their highly respected Student Council President notices her odd behavior. Well, what can you expect from those cat-like eyes of hers?

 

"Minjeong," The said girl peels her eyes off from the piece of paper, meeting Yeji's concerned gaze. "Is everything alright?"

 

'No.'

 

"Yes, everything's fine." 

 

Or so I wished it was.

 

Yeji didn't buy it of course, the frown on her face tells Minjeong to tell her the truth. 

 

But Minjeong didn't budge and continued to sign papers needed to be approved. She can't just tell Yeji out of the blue, not when the President is known to have some sort of feud with the President of the dance club. And really, Minjeong really doesn't know why she's acting like this. 

 

The older didn't push further, respecting Minjeong's decision of not telling her. Yeji sighs before fixing a few of her things, "I'm going to go out and have a snack with Lia." 

 

Minjeong finally looks up and sends a grateful smile to match Yeji's silent invitation. "Go ahead. Try not to eat too fast, again."

 

Yeji playfully glared at her, remembering how she choked on a pringle and had almost all the Student Council members rushing to help her. Chaeryeong almost fainted in the process but that doesn't need to be mentioned.

 

Once the other left, Minjeong leans back on her chair, relaxing her aching back that has been crying the whole day. It was a typical day for Minjeong afterall, an aching back and sore legs are to be expected by the end of the day.

 

It's not that Minjeong likes tiring herself, it's just she needs to exert more effort to keep her grades and extracurricular activities balanced, not to mention her social life too. 

 

Speaking of social life...

 

Minjeong took her phone out, noticing her best friends' messages on the lock screen. She frowns. She hasn't been able to hang out with her friends lately. The school has a festival coming and Minjeong swore to God, her limbs are about to fall off from fatigue. Their schedules don't match too, that's why they barely meet around campus besides lunch time. Aeri's in Class 4-A, Minjeong's in 3-A while their youngest friend is in 3-B. 

 

She misses them a lot, that it starts to hurt.

 

Minjeong shakes her head. She needs a breather. She's distracted, frustrated and tired. She won't get anything done by then. 

 

So she took her valuable things and left the office, surprising Minju, their secretary (or Muse as per a freshman named Yujin would say.)

 

Minjeong made her way to her usual spot, the garden behind the school. To her luck, the garden appeared to be empty and Minjeong could imagine a rolling tumbleweed and crickets. 

 

Finally, some peace.

 

She lets herself drown in her thoughts, counting and sorting flowers by their colors and making shapes out of the clouds in the sky as she unconsciously doze off, letting the tranquility succumb her
 

 

 

 

 

 

Minjeong's a light sleeper. Her mom would tell her how she'd wake up easily with only the tiniest sounds. She noted how she jolted awake at the sound of the door closing, or with their puppy whining in its sleep. She hated it. She just wants to savour a good night's sleep after a long, tiring day. 

 

Today isn't an exception as she slowly stirs to the noise of hushed voices. It isn't near, but she could hear them perfectly. 

 

"I have liked you for a long time already, senior. Please accept my confession." Minjeong could recognize the voice and the other figure standing a few meters away from her bench. 

 

It was the woman that took Minjeong off-guard.

 

The same Yoo Jimin that she hasn't been able to see for a week, after flustering poor Minjeong and tugging the younger's heart strings.

 

The same Yoo Jimin that hasn't left her head and has been running there for a week, restless.

 

Jimin had her back facing Minjeong, but she could easily recognized the familiar denim jacket. Her hair's tied neatly in a high ponytail, and her mole sitting prettily below ran in Minjeong's head. 

 

"Thank you, uhh..."

 

"Miihi." 

 

"Oh, uhm, thank you.. Miihi?" Jimin feels awkward, the name rolling on her tongue with unfamiliarity. Is she Japanese? The name's foreign, rare even. 

 

Jimin's awful at receiving and turning down confessions.

 

She tried her best to put on her best, sweet smile. "I'm grateful, really. But I'm already interested in someone else." 

 

Miihi visibly frowns, the dejected look on her face made Jimin guilty. It's better than jumping into a relationship with someone she barely knew. Although Miihi's absolutely adorable, Jimin indeed has her eyes set on someone else. And that someone else is currently watching things unfold.

 

Does Jimin even know I'm here?

 

"..and besides, I think I know a specific person who's actually interested in you." 

 

Miihi faced Jimin in surprise, her cute teeth waving at her. The latter turned even redder, if that was possible. 

 

Jimin laughs at her terribly shy state, patting Miihi's head softly in adoration. "I won't tell you who though. Find out for yourself." 

 

Minjeong eyes attentively, as if watching their every move. Imagine her reaction when Jimin pats her head in such softness that made Minjeong think,

 

Do​​​​es she always pat shorter girls on their head?

 

She scoffs, closing her eyes and pretending to be in a deep sleep when she saw Miihi bowing to Jimin and leaving the area. Jimin, however, led her feet to Minjeong's. 

 

Minjeong could feel Jimin staring at her and Minjeong tries, really, she tries ignoring the heavy gaze on her. But that proves to be difficult when she feels a fabric drape on her body. A few more seconds of rustling clothes and a plastic bag, then silence came. 

 

She took a small peek and Jimin's back is facing her once again, disappearing as she turned right to a building. This time, her black, graphic tee in sight.

 

Because Minjeong grips the older's denim jacket closer to her body, seeking more warmth than intended as she drifts back to sleep.

 

 

 

 

Minjeong returns to the office, an oversized denim jacket catching the other officer's attention. Minju even asked her if she went and met a guy.

 

The girl could only gag at the thought.

 

Minju reasoned that she looks so much lighter, happier even. She was glowing. Minjeong ignores her anyway.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter