The Fox Tree

LEARNING TO LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOOJIN'S POV

6:00 AM

I heard my alarm and grabbed my phone to turn in off. I left it on my nightstand and just lay looking to the roof, then I felt my eyes closing slowly.

Water. Someone threw water to me.

—I told you that I was going to do it. Is 6:28 Soojin, move— Oh, yeah. My father, who else could it be. He always says that he's going to wake me up with water but i never believed him, until today.

I sat in my bed and contemplated my sock in the floor, wondering where's the other pair. 10 minutes later, I was sitting in my kitchen taking breakfast. Well, if I can call it breakfast since it was just a piece of bread and water.

I looked at the clock again, 6:34 ', im late' I thought.

I grabbed my backpack, my keys and started running to get the 6:40 bus. 

After 5 minutes of running, I got in the bus and sat in the very back; as always.

I open spotify and search for my daily playlist for the bus. Sometimes I think I can't survive without music, is like, a scape of this life; at least for a few minutes.

I got to the school and hurry to get to my class before the bell ring. I had to do another race to go to my locker and to my classroom, but I thankfully I made it in time.

Minnie is my best friend. She is, probably, the purest and kind person I've ever met. 

She had to move here from Thailand due to her dad. He got a best opportunity here and decided to move with his family. 

We met in 4th grade. I remember seeing her in the break, sitting under a tree eating, so I got closer and asked her if I could sit next to her. Since then, we started talking more and more, and days later we were best friends, til today.

—Hey Soo! sit here, hurry— she said —Why so late?—

—I couldn't find my other sock, so I spent 10 minutes searching for it— she started laughing —You gotta be kidding me— I stayed silenced —Really? Oh my god Soojin— 

The class started and I had to pay attention. Let's say that maths are not my strength, and I need maths for university.

--☆--

11:00 AM

BREAK. Finally!

My brain can't take more information. Just in 4 hours, is full of maths and the world war II.

With Minnie, we walked to the cafeteria to meet with Miyeon and Yuqi.

Miyeon is a year older than us and Yuqi a year younger, but they go to our same class. They both joined the school in 5th grade so, with Minnie, we decided to be their friends.

Cho Miyeon comes from a wealthy family, but she's so humble that no one would notice that if she don't say it. Her family have this phrase that I think every person in the world should have in mind "Never brag about how wealthy and rich you are, because you may lose it tomorrow"; which for some people may be extreme, but is true.

Song Yuqi is chinese. She moved here for the same reasons as Minnie. She is the embodiment of a puppy, for real. Her facial expressions and how she acts, is like a little puppy, in a good way. She is the funny component of our group, and with Minnie, they alw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter