Unexpected Friends

Family Betrayal

 

Eli was asleep yet again; he never seemed to leave the bed. Master's servants’ co-worker was at his door picking the lock; no noise was heard on the 12th level, as he and Master’s servant slowly opened the door and his co-worker disappeared inside. He made his way through apartment still he saw the door closed at the end of the left hand side of the corridor. He stealthily made way for the door, pausing as they reached for the doorknob. 'I can't believe I’m doing this to you after everything we've been through. I wish had of known it was you before I swore to complete this mission...' was the only thought before he crept into the room to drug the sleeping Eli.

It was 11pm when Kevin snuck out of his room and made his way into the kitchen to collect the spare key, his only thought's being 'You can't get caught, you can't get caught' he tried his best to stay quiet. He slowly opened the front door to ensure that the noise could not be heard through out the house. He closed it and practically sprinted down the steps to the nearest bus station, having to wait for 15 mins for the next bus to arrive. 'It just has to waste precious time' Kevin thought, he was on edge about what if his parents found out he left. He climbed on the bus leg shaking the whole time he rode the bus to the station across from Eli's apartment building. Kevin ran across the street, through the door and to the 12th floor. As he got to the 12th floor he stopped eyeing the middle door on the right, the door is Eli's apartment it was ajar. Panic sparked Kevin to run down the corridor screaming Eli's name.

Running down the hallway, Kevin noticed a man carrying Eli in his arms exit the door.

“No! Put him down!” Kevin screamed, his interior flood gates opening yet again, letting hundreds of tears stream down his face. Kevin stopped in front of the man, repeatedly punching him until he fell unconscious letting Eli fall on top of him. The unconscious mans assailant exited Kevin and Eli’s apartment, disturbed by all the commotion. As Kevin slowly rolled Eli off of him the assailant walked towards Kevin pushing his foot down onto his chest. Hard, and he broke his ribs. Kevin screamed in pain from the cracking that erupted inside him. The man bent down placing a white handkerchief over Kevin’s airways. Gripping the man’s wrist and refusing to breathe Kevin struggled with the assailant, unable to hold his breath any longer, he gasped for air. Kevin took in all the toxins in one hit, immediately rendering him unconscious. Once again gaining consciousness, the man and his assailant each carried one, and made way for the location specified by their master. Eli was the first to wake up, his motor skills taking awhile to reassemble themselves. He opened his eyes to unfamiliar surroundings, eyes adjusting to the light when he saw Kevin’s still silhouette.

“Kevin?” Eli questioned, mentally cursing himself for his motor skills taking so long to revive themselves. Gaining consciousness to his feet and hands, Eli found them shackled, to the metal bed that he appeared to be restrained to. Kevin opened his eyes, but was quick to squeeze them shut once again, as the excruciating pain began to sear through his body. Groaning he rolled his head from side to side. Kevin stopped, his head facing to the left, finding a body lying not too far from his side. He drearily opened and closed his eyes the cloudiness in his eyes taking its sweet time to disappear.

“Eli?” Kevin whispered, the figure beside him moved.

“Kevin...” Eli’s voice was cold, betrayal hidden in the underlying tones of the name.

“Eli, please I can explain...” Kevin pleaded, hoping that his lover could someday see the light on why Kevin did what he did. It was for the protection of the one and only person that he cares about. Hopefully one day he’ll understand, but when Eli cut him off, his faith in the matter majorly decreased.

“Save it Kevin.” Eli turned his head in the opposite direction, just before a door near their feet slammed open, revealing three men. The head of the trio was none other than Kevin’s abusive father.

“So I see you two desolates, have finally awoke.” He said in such a soothing tone, that if the words weren’t an insult you would have thought he was soothing a child to sleep. His head snapped in Kevin’s direction.

“You broke you promise you ignorant !” Kevin’s father screamed, his anger flaring. Eli’s head snapped towards the perpetrator, giving death glares to the man whose eyes would not meet his own. A hand flew down a slapped Kevin straight in the face.

“How the did you know Kevin? Why are you trying to save him? You know you’re only killing him in the process...” The father smirked.

“And Kev, you’ve given me the opportunity to do it myself.” Eli and Kevin’s eyes widened. Did Kevin’s father really plan on killing him? Was he a man to keep his word? He guessed only time would tell. It can’t be worse than what he had to endure without Kevin there these past few months. At least he could die by his side. Kevin’s father walked over towards Eli metal stretcher, a knife hidden neatly in his pocket.

“Dad, please don’t do this...” A tear fell from Kevin’s eye as he looked towards Eli a confused expression was stretched across Eli’s features.

“Dad?” Eli questioned, eyes flickering between Kevin and his fathers.

“Yes Eli...” Kevin’s father spoke.

“I am the father of the boy you tainted, ruined, destroyed, the son I can no longer be proud of.” He said, with a hint of sadness glistening in the words ending his sentence.

“He didn’t go anything Dad, if anything he made a better human being. But not what I could care to say for you.” Kevin replied, this was the only the second time Kevin had ever disobeyed what his parents had said the first being when he came to warn Eli. Kevin’s father’s eye snapped towards his own, shaking from the anger building within his bones.

“Shut up Kevin, you broke your promise, the only promise that could keep this thing...” His father looked Eli up down.

“... safe.” He continued. With that he removed the knife and stabbed Eli in his abdomen, leaving the serrated knife in the wound, and to cause unintentional pain twisted the knife in circles. Eli screamed in pain, looking toward Kevin for help.

“Kevin...” Eli grunted between screams.

“Shut up you ing fool!” Kevin’s father ordered punching Eli square in the jaw.

“You’ve done enough!” he continued, pulling the knife from the wound, the blood soon pooled under Eli as he then walked towards Kevin.

“Stop Dad! Just stop! Why are you doing this? What has Eli ever done to you! He was the one to take care of me when you couldn’t. Stop! Just please... don’t hurt him. Hurt me!” Kevin’s tone changed quickly from anger to sadness, upon realising that if his father injured Eli any further he would surely die in seconds, but the blood pulsing through Eli’s body continued to surge through the wound, blood dripping from the stretcher and onto the floor. His father circled his stretcher the knife grasped firmly in his right hand.

“You despicable piece of , how dare you disobey me, you will now reap the consequences, and for that I will hurt you, just like you asked of me.” He said ‘But not before I taunt you’ thought Kevin’s father. Bringing the knife up from his side he trailed the tip of the knife over the skin of Kevin’s arms, neck and face. Eli slowly started to fade out of conscious, the pain just throbbing numb feeling.

“Kevin…” Eli breathed hoping that Kevin could hear his final words.

“I love you…” He said just above a whisper. A tear now fell from Eli’s eye as he turned his head to the right to meet his lover’s eyes.

“Please Eli, stay with me… I’m begging you…” But Kevin’s pleas were pointless; Eli’s heart rate began to decrease. His eyelids slowly pulling themselves shut, as Eli tried to do what Kevin asked of him. Master’s servant who stands at Eli’s feet body covered in black clothing, with a mask to match covering his face, shed a tear. ‘I can’t let him to this too Eli, not my best friend!’ the servant thought, clenching his fists, he remembered the knife the he had hidden in his shoe, roughly about 6 inches long, with a serrated blade. The servant carefully pulled it out of his boot successfully going unnoticed by his Master, and with one precise throw the knife went gliding through the air, striking Kevin’s father straight through the heart. Master paused, feeling a sudden pain in his chest as he taunted his son, warmth now spreading down his body he found it hard to breathe. Looking up at his two loyal servants as they remained painfully still at the end of the stretchers, Kevin’s father collapsed forward onto his knees, before falling onto his front and driving the knife further into his body. Removing his mask Eli’s best friend made his way over to Eli’s side, as the other servant did the same to Kevin. They unshackled them, the servant taking Eli in his arms then moved towards the door to where outside an ambulance was situated. Ever since drugging Eli in his bed, the servant and his co-worker planned to be loyal to two people, who was not Master and his wife, but Eli and Kevin. After drugging them and placing their unconscious bodies on the shackled metal abandoned warehouse stretchers, the servant used his personal phone to alert the authorities of the situation, but told them how to go about their duties. The paramedics rushing up to meet them as the commotion was fast to fulfil its duty and panic set in to save Eli. Kevin was still unable to walk properly from the drug, and with the pain from his rib and a few minor cuts; his masked friend helped him inside the ambulance to watch over Eli.

“Eli…” Kevin whispered, pain burning his body as his sobs shook his body.

“Please Eli, live… I need you to live… I love you.” His head hung low his he took Eli’s hand into his own, gently squeezing it for some kind of response, and that’s exactly what he got. A gentle squeeze was all that Eli could muster, but that was all Kevin needed to know that Eli would be all right. They arrived at the hospital as the paramedics wheeled Eli down to emergency surgery. Leaving Kevin to be attended to by a nurse, Eli’s now unmasked saviour came striding towards Kevin. After looking up to the well built man in front of him. His jaw dropped, it couldn’t be who he thought it was, but he was wrong it was exactly who he thought.