Reassurance

Family Betrayal

A/N: I'm sorry so for the I don't even know how long update, I still haven't thought i what I'm going to do I HAVE NO PLAN! I'm a fail author face palm... ANYWHOOO Heres the update. I'm sahhhh sorry.... D;

 

 

Kevin tossed and turned in the hospital bed, he had broken out in cold sweats. In his dream he was running down the alley near his house but he wasn't getting anywhere, he shot a quick looked behind and saw dark shadows chasing him, he continued running but still remained in the same spot. He couldn't believe how he wasn't getting anywhere he turned around again and the shadows were directly behind him, he tripped and rolled over to face them as they loomed over him, laughing. Kevin quickly sat up in his bed, noticing how unusually white the room was, he then realised where he was, he was in a hospital. The nurse from last night came in and looked at Kevin in shock.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"Neh." Kevin replied, nodding at her. "Um, do you know where the man went who was sitting here when I fell asleep?" Now wondering where Eli was, he last remembered seeing him on the seat next to his bed when he was fading in and out of consciousness the night before.

"Ah, yeah, the doctor told him to go home because visiting were over. He said for me to tell you he'll be back as soon as visioning hours are open again." She told Kevin smiling.

"How long till then?" Kevin asked the nurse, not wanting to remain by himself much longer, he felt so much calmer at a home when Eli was around.

"In about 20 minutes." She quickly replied, as she looked at Kevin's charts that were hung off the end of his bed.

"Oh, thank you." Kevin said smiling at the nurse. Grateful he didn't have to wait long till Eli would come. Eli slowly opened his eyes, lying on his side facing the window. He felt that same presence around him once again; he felt eyes burning into him. Eli stared out the window and saw a camera coming from an apartment window from across the street; he hurriedly sat up, staring intently through the window. The curtain dropped, he lowered his head looking from side to side, and thought ‘Who would want to take photos of me?' 'Am I being stalked?' thoughts raced through Eli's head. He stood up and closed the curtains now making it so dark inside the room he had to turn the lights.

"Omo!" Eli stared at the clock, realising he was going to be late to go see Kevin. He hurriedly got changed into a pair of black skinny jeans, a grey print t-shirt, and his leather jacket. He ran out the door and jumped into his car. Once Eli got to the hospital, he practically ran to Kevin's room.

"Kevin!" Eli smiled as he walked over towards Kevin.

"Eli! Thank god you came I was starting to get worried that you weren't going to come…" Kevin trailed out, as he stared at his hands in his lap. "You know how I feel when I'm alone." Kevin said still staring at his hands. But that's true, Eli did know how he felt Kevin had told Eli about how the only time he was ever alone was, after a fight, when he was so beat down he could hardly move, which was an everyday occurrence in Kevin’s household. Eli hated those thoughts and quickly threw them aside, taking his place on the bed next to Kevin and pulling him into a hug.

"It's okay, I'm here now I just got a little distracted. I'm sorry it won't happen again."

"Eli..." Kevin looked up from Eli's chest to star into eyes. "... you really have no idea how much I love you." Eli smiled; he couldn’t take his eyes off Kevin. He still couldn't believe that Kevin was his. Eli pulled Kevin even closer if that was possible, forcing his head back down on his chest, as he placed his own on top of Kevin's. The nurse walked back into the room to inform Eli of Kevin's injuries and that he could go home. She cleared forcing the two lovers to look up from their tight embrace. Eli practically jumped off the bed in embarrassment, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Mr Kim, Mr Woo is free to go home, he has 2 fractured bones in his foot, be sure to keep him off his foot for the next few days, the cut was stitched up and Mr Woo please don't go against this, we want you to recover quickly." Kevin nodded and the nurse smiled in return.

"Thank you, so much for everything." Eli smiled and faced Kevin, when something hit him. He turned back to the nurse. "Oh, if you don't mind me asking, how did you know my name?" The nurse looked shocked at his question. 'Omo! I slipped up' she thought 'Madam is going to kill me' she cursed herself under her breath.

"Mr Woo appears to talk in his sleep." She replied a bit to quickly, bowed and rushed out of the room. Eli turned and faced Kevin once again, knowing full well that Kevin did not talk in his sleep; he let it slide past anyway. Kevin sat on the side of the bed as Eli helped him change out of the hospital gown and giving him the crutches that were placed near the head of the bed. They made their way to Eli's car; Eli helped Kevin into the passenger's seat before getting in the driver's side and driving away. Eli was still confused there were so many things that have happened in the past few days that he couldn't quite put together. First there was last night at the alley, then this morning with the camera across the street, Eli wondered if he'd noticed anything different in his apartment, but only one thing seemed out of place, since Kevin had been disowned not once had a received mail, he didn't write to anyone, he didn't have any subscriptions, it wasn't even near his birthday or Christmas it was May.

"Kevin?" Eli shot a quick glance at Kevin he giving him a questionable look. "Have you had anything posted to our address in the mail?"

"Why, did I get something?" Kevin said excitedly practically jumping up and down in the car, although he didn't recall having anything posted to the house, he didn't need anything he had everything he needed at Eli's not to mention, all the random gifts the Eli would buy him out of nowhere, besides didn't the mail go down to there post box in the lobby.

"Neh, last night when I returned home, I found a large brown parcel placed at our door."  Eli agreed.

"Omo, I've never received mail before." Kevin wore a bright smile the rest of the trip home; he would've run to the apartment if it weren’t for his injury. Kevin cursed himself under his breath for being so pathetically clumsy. Eli unlocked the door and held it open for Kevin as he hobbled though, he put he Kevin's shoe aside and helped him into the bedroom and went to retrieve the parcel. Eli walked back in and presented the package to Kevin who was practically bouncing for joy on the bed. Kevin hastily removed the packaging to find a plain old boring box. He took of the lid to reveal a piece of paper, on that piece of paper it read, Woo Sunghyun. Kevin's jaw dropped, only two people knew Kevin's real name. Not even Eli knew.

"Kevin, who is Sunghyun?" Eli asked confused as he clearly remembered that the parcel had been addressed to Kevin. Kevin gulped, 'How did they find me?' 'Why do they care?' 'They disowned me! Why would they want to find me and send me something?' Kevin's parents were the only two people who knew of Kevin's birth name.

"Kevin, answer me, are you alright?" Eli questioned realising just how pale Kevin's face had become, as one tear fell from Kevin's eye. Kevin couldn't answer Eli, he could only just manage to lift up the piece of paper and see the hundreds of photo's that were in box, they were mainly all of Eli, but Kevin was in most frames as the pair was practically inseparable.

"Kevin! You're scaring me! Please answer me!" Eli yelled with a quavering voice, so scared by his lover reaction to the parcel. Kevin looked at Eli.

"I'm okay, but Sunghyun, h-he…. h-he's me. I'm S-Sunghyun, it's my b-birth name…." Kevin trailed off his eyes still in separable. Eli's eyes widened 'Why didn't he tell me before?' 'Why did he deny it, when I asked if Kevin was his birth name.' Eli felt somewhat betrayed but knew Kevin wouldn't willingly lie to him, or would he? Eli wasn't so sure anymore.

"I'm so sorry Eli!" Tears started to leek from Kevin's eyes he'd finally just gotten over the fact that his parents didn't want him anymore; they had to come back into his life. Eli couldn't quite bring himself to forgive Kevin straight away, Eli had severe trust issues, but Kevin had never withdrawn information from him before, or at least from what he could tell, and if there was one thing that Eli absolutely hated it was being lied to.

"It's okay Kevin." Eli moved up the bed pushing the box of Kevin's lap, and takes him into a tight embrace. Eli shed a tear, going unnoticed he pushed his face into Kevin's soft hair, his arms tightly wrapped around his waist, Kevin didn't hesitate to hug him back pulling himself as close to Eli as humanly possible. At this moment Kevin wanted nothing more than to stay in Eli's arms till the sun came up, and that's exactly what they did. Kevin had fallen asleep in Eli's arms emotionally drained from what the box had presented. Where as Eli was on a totally different page, he didn't sleep at all he stared and a sleeping Kevin and prayed to god that nothing would happen between them. In this relationship, Eli didn't want lies, he didn't want secrets, he wanted all feelings, all emotions, and he wanted everything they had to be mutual. Kevin woke up, he face taught from his dry tears the night before. The sun was barely up and he could barely see Eli due to having the curtains closed. He lifted his head up to look at Eli noting that he was awake, but he looked so tired, 'Did he even sleep last night?' Kevin thought to himself.

"Good Morning Eli-ah." Kevin said groggily to Eli, who kissed on the forehead before answering him.

"Morning Kevin." Eli replied, no emotion in his voice, he still couldn't come to a conclusion as to why Kevin didn't tell him his real name. What was he hiding from him?

"Look Eli…." Kevin stopped as Eli pulled away and walked into the bathroom. Kevin sighed he knew how Eli hated things being kept from him he knew that he had trust issues, but that was his only secret. Eli was the whole reason he kept his name from him anyway, he wanted to rid his real name, the one his parents gave him after he disowned him, so that he Woo Kevin could start a new life with Eli, he didn't want the past to come between them but maybe after all that was inevitable, he just wanted to tell Eli his final truth. Kevin sat up in bed and moved over the edge, he saw the box now sitting on the floor with the letter still remaining on the top, he picked it up. Kevin realised that it wasn't just a piece of paper but a letter folded in two. Kevin heard the shower turn on looked towards the door, and straight back to the letter, and unfolded it. Kevin read the letter and this is what it read: