THE STAFF&CO

   « Project Dream4U »   « Ready For Broadcast » 
PYO KYUMIN as THE PRIMARY MANAGER
 
faceclaim; any height or width works! the box will always be 125 x 125.
Pyo Kyumin is the primary manager and has been called No Fun At All on numerous occasions in his life. He's been a manager at Helix for half a decade now and he'd expected to manage Helix' new girl group, one he imagined would be professional and prepared. Instead he got handed the Dream4U group, one he judges as a lot less professional and prepared, and he has his own thoughts about the fairness of Helix's own female trainees being jilted in favor of this Mnet folly. He's strict and no-nonsense and can be a little petty. though some say all he needs is a little melting.
 
FC: Lee Kyuhyung (actor), age 37 (1983)

 
TALI WANG as THE SECONDARY MANAGER
 
faceclaim; any height or width works! the box will always be 125 x 125.
Tali Wang hopped over from Australia to study and has been going from odd job to odd job ever since. She was hired by Helix Entertainment as a manager for international schedules for their artists but COVID took those and punted them out the door before she could even do the job she was hired for once. Still on a contract though, she essentially helps out when Kyumin isn't enough, or otherwise helps out anywhere else she's needed. The one called upon when two cars have to be driven or when part of the group has a different schedule. or generally when Kyumin is incapable of being two places as once.

With her tomboyish appearance, love for body building (this girl even lifts), and arms covered in tattoos she can look a little intimidating. She's a taekwondo black belt and will kick anyone's who comes close. And then she smiles that little lopsided grin and any intimidation factor is gone.
 
She's a lot more lenient than Kyumin, in fact she really has no heart to be strict with anyone at all. Get her alone and a girl can probably get away with anything that Tali doesn't think she'll get fired for not telling. Definitely murder. She's loud, good natured, and generally just a chill person to be around. 100% himbo energy.

FC: Amber Liu, age 25 (1995), open for love interests!
 
JUNG MIRAN as THE PD
 
faceclaim; any height or width works! the box will always be 125 x 125.
This is Miran's first stint as a PD and she's very eager for everything to go absolutely smoothly. She's the big brain behind wanting to cast a more rough-around-the-edges set of girls and giving people a chance to see them grow even before Covid became a thing. She and Mnet thought it would just be some small Idol School like project that might see some modest returns, nobody counted on Covid putting a lot of people in a position to seek out mindless entertainment and word-of-mouth making Project Dream4U blow up.
 
She's around for the big moments like the auditions and the online concerts and fansigns, and the more staged segments of the show and is otherwise active backstage. Seemingly constantly busy and stressed, Miran is the person to go to to put out fires. She seems to have some history with Helix and there seems to be some bad blood between her and Manager Pyo.

FC: Gong Hyojin, age 35 (1985)
WOO CHANHEE as A VOLUNTARY MENTOR
faceclaim; any height or width works! the box will always be 125 x 125.
Popular actor and variety persona Woo Chanhee of Aeon fame, a group that's technically still around though mostly inactive (think: Highlight pre-their wonderful comeback just now). He's back right off the heels of his enlistment and to everyone's surprised actually volunteered to help out here and there for Dream4U. You see, Chanhee is still very very pissed for how Produce 99 ended and how he feels like he was never able to really help the girls much, so this is his attempt to do better. Seems like he can never quite get away from Helix, but at least he can give his sweet old CEO a good migraine like the good old days.
 
Chanhee is generally a pretty chill guy, althought he definitely knows he's hot and is not afraid to broadcast it. Effortlessly charming and genuinely nice guy with the right flavor of sass thrown in for spice. Really, it's no wonder he became one of Korea's darlings.

FC: Lee Minhyuk, BTOB flavor, age 30 (1990), currently happily engaged and not up for love interest
MIN HANA as AN INVOLUNTARY MENTOR
 
faceclaim; any height or width works! the box will always be 125 x 125.
Min Hana of Troublemaker and soloist fame (just think Hyuna). Superstar Queen of Prism, a fairly recently disbanded group that could only be described as Hana and the Girls, Min Hana has been creating ripples and scandal around the industry since before the group had even debuted. She's known for being endlessly confident, feisty, and a little opinionated but nobody can doubt she's a star. Can she rap? That's debatable. Can she turn all eyes on her just by walking into a room? You bet your she can.
 
She's not involved in the program in any official way, she had enough of watching girls be manipulated for profit as a rap coach in Produce 99, but she does occasionally roam the halls of Helix, and she's never been able to keep her beautifully sculpted nose out of anyone's business. Be wary though, Hana has a strong set of opinions and a stronger aversion to bull. You can't your way out of a pickle if she's making the burger, you feel?

FC: Hyuna, age 27 (1993), also not up for love interests, Hana is beyond anyone's reach tbh
HELIX ENTERTAINMENT
 
faceclaim; any height or width works! the box will always be 125 x 125.
Helix Entertainment, newly made subsidiary of CJ after a takeover, is charged with managing groups. Officially Dream4U is under a branch of CJ named Off The Record, but in reality they use the building, resources, and staff of Helix. They're known as something of a burnt out company, one that lost most of its stars years ago (god knows Hana is just waiting for when she can jump ship) and hasn't been able to re-create the success since. Their takeover by CJ was a mercy kill.
 
Helix Entertainment is a former acting-focused company that debuted its first group AEON in 2010, one that reached heights oft compared to B2ST after an initial period of struggle. In fact it was Ex-AEON member Woo Chanhee who MCed Produce 99 and Helix-signed soloist Min Hana who appeared as rap coach. Most of AEON has long-since left Helix, but you might still see the imposing presence of Hana walk the halls and tremble.

Helix itself has many trainees. The Dream4U project, along with covid, scrapped a girl group they had in the works for early 2020 and the trainees in that project group have been put back into trainee status. Meanwhile the boy group project they had planned for late 2020 was moved up to mid-2020 to replace it. Eterne will debut in summer with high hopes on their shoulders of returning Helix to the prosperity and importance housing AEON had once given them. The project group has been formed, though of course there can always be additions or substractions...


Helix, AEON, and Hana come from my old fic (which I'm still slowly working on), mostly for the ease of not having to make up totally new things and for the fun of continuing that universe. If you're curious you can find the fic here, but it's not at all necessary as it characters will have cameos or very small side roles at best. (it's excellent long-burn angsty fic tho)

 
LUCY KING as GIRL BOSS'S CENTER, VISUAL
 
faceclaim; any height or width works! the box will always be 125 x 125.
Who can forget Lucy King from Produce 99? The clueless foreigner who kiwi valley girled herself into the top 2! Or at least, allegedly, since nobody knows what the actual ranking was like. This has netted her a reasonable about of hate as useless bumbling visual, but it also kickstarted a wonderful variety career so who's counting? 
 
Lucy debuted, woefully unprepared, in 6 member girl group GIRL BOSS about a 2 months after Produce 99 crashed and burned. The group was horribly rushed, the none of the girls trained at Helix for long, and they're truly a hot mess. They had great success with their debut I'm So Hot but fizzled out after Helix followed it up with releases that were basically just I'm So Hot Rehashed.  Lucy is still really popular on variety though and has her own YouTube channel that's quite popular among international fans so her group is abandoned but Lucy is thriving!

Lucy is still very peppy and bubbly and a little dumb, though she's not super pleased with how her company handled everything and has gained a smidge of maturity and quite a big swig of rebelliousness. If anyone knows the exact windows in the company that can be safely shimmied out of to escape nosy managers it is Lucy ing King. But hey, at least she knows Korean now!

Lucy is mostly hanging around the halls of the company, though she'll be tapped to MC the live shows and would definitely be curious enough to stick her head in every now and then.


FC: Nancy (Momoland), age 21 (1999)
 
BANG MANSAE as ETERNE'S LEADER, LEAD VOCAL, RAPPER
 
faceclaim; any height or width works! the box will always be 125 x 125.
Bang Mansae is the resident teacher's pet. He's a manager's dream, he always does what he's told, he's responsible and focused, and he actually really wanted to be leader. Well, he would be the manager's dream if his charges would actually listen to him. Unfortunately for Mansae, he doesn't have an authoritative bone in his body and while he is super responsible, he doesn't know how to impose that wonderful vision of an actually functioning boy goup upon others.

As such, Mansae does his absolutely best to stay away from the temptations of the opposite . No way is he going to get caught with a girl and have his dreams shattered! s rely on him (they really don't) and he'd leave them defenseless (he really wouldn't)!! Also who would be so stupid to risk their entire careers on some girl??


FC: Kino (Pentagon), age 23 (1997). Yes he is absolutely available as love interest. him up.
 
NOH WOOBYUL as ETERNE'S LEAD DANCER, RAPPER
 
faceclaim; any height or width works! the box will always be 125 x 125.
Truly, Woobyul is the himbo of Eterne. So sweet, so ripped, so very dumb. Really, you can tell him anything and he'll believe it (something Howon and Sihyuk take ready advantage of). He's truly a nice guy though, generally looks out for people and wants everyone to be having a good time. Not the most perceptive of others, but definitely the first to do something genuinely thoughtful.

He might look like he just wandered into the training room accidentally but you'd be surprised how much true passion lies behind that goofy smile. Woobyul is super passionate about dancing and becoming an idol, performing is his absolute dream and he wants nothing more than be successful. Unfortunately he lacks the charisma to really stand out.


FC: Moonbin (Astro), age 22 (1998)
JACK JUNG as ETERNE'S LEAD VOCAL, LEAD RAP
 
faceclaim; any height or width works! the box will always be 125 x 125.
Jack is probably the only one in the whole group with half a brain and you know what they say: self-awareness in a sea of stupidity is far crueler than it would have been to be equally dumb and oblivious. Jack has only been training for about 4 months but he's already regretting just about all life choices that brought him here. Is it too late to go back home and leave this accursed land to whatever will be left of it when Eterne is done? His contract is 7 years long? Well .
 
Jack is probably the only one who can get the idiots to somewhat fall in line, especially when he starts speaking English because half of them have no idea what he's saying and that just makes it scarier. Most of the time though he's content to roll his eyes and make snarky commentary. God forbid he accidentally take up some of Mansae's responsibities, now that would be an absolute nightmare.
 
And if someone even so much as looks at him with the intent of making him leader, Jack is turning this car around and going the back to Canada thank you.

FC: Lee Know (Stray Kids), age 22 (1998)
 
SHIN MINSEOK as ETERNE'S MAIN RAPPER
 
faceclaim; any height or width works! the box will always be 125 x 125.
It is difficult to gauge how many brain cells Minseok has, he keeps everything about his person close to his chest. He seems on good terms with the guys, is perfectly willing to go along with shenanigans, and he's perfectly polite when you speak to him. Then you'll walk away realizing you've been talking to him for an hour but still know nothing about him. Minseok is a private person and fiercely independent, it will be difficult to pin this one down.

FC: Woodz, age 21 (1999)
JOO YOOCHAN  as ETERNE'S MAIN VOCAL
 
faceclaim; any height or width works! the box will always be 125 x 125.
Somewhere, somehow, Helix have found themselves a Woo Chanhee clone. Unfortunately for them, this one is everything but star material. You see, Yoochan is a bit of a weenie. He's camera shy and ever anxious about every little thing he's doing when that red light on the camera is turned to him. It frustrated him to no end when everyone keeps telling him how much he looks like charisatic star Woo Chanhee, previously bread-winner of the company, and he just feels so much pressure to be someone he can ever actually hope to become.
 
Off-camera he's an absolute sweetie and much more comfortable. He really loves the guys and he does really want to do this. It's just so frustrating when his brain just won't work with him.

FC: Subin (TXT), age 20 (2000)
YANG SIHYUK as ETERNE'S SUB VOCAL, tentative VISUAL
 
faceclaim; any height or width works! the box will always be 125 x 125.
Sihyuk is hot and he knows it. In fact, he very likely things he's much hotter than he actually is. A cocky bastard, in Sihyuk's mind he's ready to show Helix what a REAL it-boy looks like. Step aside Yoochan, Sihyuk is here to save the group!!! And flirt with some girls while he's at it. He's very frustrated by the fact that the company seems only to see Yoochan and Howon as the group's future star were a. have you seen Yoochan and b. have you seen Sihyuk??? But whatever, he'll show them anyway.
 
Really though, he's a lot of talk (and definitely believes at least half of it), but he's also under a lot of pressure to succeed. Sihyuk has super supportive and proud parents, which sounds like the best thing right? But now he can't under any circumstances let them down, he has to debut. Not that there is any question at all whether he'll debut cause he's hot . And he absolutley has to.

FC: Taehyun (TXT), age 18 (2002)
LEE HEON  as ETERNE's LEAD DANCE, SUB VOCAL
 
faceclaim; any height or width works! the box will always be 125 x 125.
Where Sihyuk is over-confident, Heon just knows exactly what his worth is, which is not super high as a musician but you should see him get down to Beyonce. A kpop connoisseur might label him as a mood-maker, but really Heon is just doing whatever the heck Heon feels like doing, and you're allowed to share in the fun if you wanna.

He's loud, he's funny, he's friendly, and he's unexpectedly sassy. Also has zero respect for Mansae's authority, get rekt hyung. Heon's heart beats to the sound of his own drum, he's just gonna do him thank you very much. He's never abrasive or cocky about it, he's no Howon, but somehow somehow you'll find that in the end Heon managed to get his way anyway.

He's also very gay, though living in a glass closet. Really he's just seeing, for science of course, how open he can be about it before they figure it out. The tally so far is not in their favour.


FC: Minseo (Drippin), age 18 (2002). he's (obvoiusly) not available as a LI.
PARK HOWON  as ETERNE'S MAKNAE, M DANCER, L VOCAL
 
faceclaim; any height or width works! the box will always be 125 x 125.
Howon is a loose canon and one management still isn't entirely sure won't be cut before debut. He's impulsive, has problems with authority, and is just as likely to skip practice as he is to atttend in. Essentially, he's not committed. The problem is Howon wants it both ways, he wants both to be an idol as well as to have the freedom to do as he desires and might find out he can't have everything his little heart craves.

And yet he's such a charismatic performer and excellent rapper, can Helix really afford to let him go when he might be their group's second trump card? But who needs rumours of a bad past when you've got a bad present?
 
This just goes to show that you can never trust the maknaes.

FC: Dohyon (Bae173), age 17 (2003)
Layout by Viollium (ง ' ◡ ')ง