Bad Aim

Defend the Past

Lee Rang straightens his suit leaving the top two buttons of his collar shirt open. Observing himself in the mirror Lee Rang can't help but smile to himself "I sure am handsome. I bet no one would ever look as devilishly handsome like me" with that thought he heads out to start his first day of guard duty. Looking over the scroll Granny gave him, Lee Rang decided to walk to his destination as he had no interest in doing what he was told to in any way or manner, maybe if he gets there late he could miss out on today and have fun- "ouch" before he could finish his thought a small pebble made contact with his head.

"Aish! Granny, really" with that Lee Rang sprinted towards the porridge shop just in time to see Ga Eul starting her shift. Out of breath Lee Rang decided to sit himself down on the bench across the shop, this way he doesn't get involved following the rules. The day went by and glancing at his watch Lee Rang was thankful it was almost time for Ga Eul to end her shift and then he can get back home already, just then another small pebble was tossed at his head "What the! I am here right? Why do you keep hitting me" With no response Lee Rang grabbed the pebble and tossed it up to the sky "how do you like getting hit." Lee Rang frowned, crossing his arms on his chest and sitting back like a kid annoyed. Just as he hoped Ga Eul would be heading out soon, he witnessed a man in a black suit head inside.

Lee Rang walked up to shop but stayed out of sight distance, "well this wasn't on the agenda" before Lee Rang could make out anything of what was happening, he witnessed the man drag Ga Eul out of the shop and into his car, and in seconds drive away before she could escape. 'Was she being kidnapped? Is this what I was supposed to save her from?' As thoughts entered his mind Lee Rang sprinted towards the direction the car headed and stopped at a studio where he saw the car parked. Peeking through the creek of the studio door he listened in as he was glad to see Ga Eul okay; he didn't want to get killed for failing on the first day.

Yi Jung flashes Ga Eul a charming smile and looks up to her as he places her cup of tea in front of her on the table. "Hey calm down. It's scary to see such a cute lady angry."

"Huh!" Ga Eul rolls her eyes and shifts her sight for a second away from Yi Jung and then back. "You think that if you make that weasel-like face, that everyone's going to fall for it, you tried it on the wrong person. I'll pretend I didn't hear anything today, ok then" Ga Eul gets up and begins to leave the living room. Her steps pause and she returns to Yi Jung. She picks up the cup of tea that was prepared for her and drinks it, finishing her tea in one sip, she places the cup back on the table, "...it makes me angrier the more I think about it..."

Lee Rang raises his brows and presses his lips together, "she sure is a strong one why would I need to protect her-" before Lee Rang could finish his thought he heard footsteps and moved away from the door.

Sending Yi Jung one last angry look Ga Eul marches away from Yi Jung and finding the door, quickly walks out. Yi Jung sits in place and can only smile at Ga Eul`s behavior. Hiding himself behind a wall, Lee Rang peaks towards the door seeing another guy heading inside but Ga Eul seems to ignore him and marches away. "Well this sure is interesting, looks like I will have to do my research now"


The sun blanketed the room as Lee Rang rubbed his eyes, and lifted his body to rest his back against the headrest of his bed. "Well good morning sunshine" Lee Rang shot his head up to see Lee Yeon flashing a smile as he tossed a shirt in his brother's direction.

"Aish! What are you doing here?" Lee Rang quickly pulled on his shirt with annoyance all over his face.

"What? My brother comes back from the afterlife and I wouldn't be able to sniff him out?"

"I am sure granny put you up to this? Or did you need something else from me?" Lee Rang rose from his bed walking past his brother and heading towards the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Lee Rang massages his temple. Last night had to be the worst experience ever and he knew, he had many of them but this topped them all.

Flashback

Witnessing Ga Eul exit the studio Lee Rang stayed close seeing what this brave and to his surprise sharp mouth girl would do next. Seeing her pace back and forth confused him. She would take two steps forward but then shake her head followed by stepping back towards the studio only to later repeat this process.

"Is she lost?" Lee Rang recalled how she was dragged out of the shop, sure she didn't know where to go. Straightening his coat Lee Rang decides to help her out, helping her was part of his tasks, afterall she would feel lucky to meet such a handsome lad. Lee Rang imagined Ga Eul staring at him without looking away for a second completely mesmerized. Carrying a big grin Lee Rang follows behind Ga Eul for a few blocks as he gets closer he walks up to Ga Eul "Well, looks like someone is lost. May I-"

BANG!

End Flashback

As he tried to reach for Ga Eul all he remembered it instantly got dark and he fell on the ground and now walking up in his room with his brot-

"Miss me even in your thoughts?" Lee Rang lifted his head to the reflection of his brother leaning against the doorframe.

"Aish! Ever heard of knocking? Leave me alone will you?" Lee Yeon couldn't help but smile as he recalled all the times he had to bathe Lee Rang and now he talks about privacy. "We have to talk, hurry and come out. Oh by the way your aim is pretty bad." Lee Yeon trailed off as he instantly turned around and tossed a pebble towards Lee Rang which he dodged just in time.


Preview of Next Chapter:

"Back so soon I see?" Yi Jung smirked looking towards Ga Eul whose breath heaved, being out of breath and scared to death. Without a word Ga Eul grabbed Yi Jung's arm and pulled him with her and headed out the studio, completely ignoring Woo Bin's presence as he sipped his tea. This encounter caused his lips to curve upwards and laugh to himself. This girl was really something and he couldn't wait to get to know her more.