CHAPTER 02: UNEXPECTED WELCOME

My Destined Goddess

 

 

[Yuki’s POV]

 

I don’t know what has gotten into me and why I was crazy enough to touch that painting. It was as if the painting was calling out to me and I just had that urge to hold it.

Now I am in the middle of nowhere and this place has such a nostalgic feel and that sense of familiarity is here but I don’t know where I am. I am in the middle of the forest and my phone has no signal so I cannot use my GPS around here. I saw a trail which seems to be the path that is taken by the people so I followed it until I reached what seems to be the city.

It is funny since I am aware that I have always been regarded as someone who is quite weird but the people here, everyone I saw just throws a weird glance at me and I can hear some who find my clothes to be vulgar for them.

I am just wearing a typical jumper, denim dress which is even below my knee, with my white long-sleeved blouse and regular boots. I am not so sure what is vulgar with what I am wearing but since everyone I see is wearing a kimono, the set-up, the manner of speech, the items that they are selling -- I am not in the present time I suppose.

31 Jumper dresses ideas | jumper dress, dresses, fashion

Now, what should I do to go back to my current time?

Maybe I can go look for a shaman and ask for the nearest shrine.

 

I tried asking around but they all just gave me a weird gaze. Suddenly, an old woman collapses in the middle of the road and is having a seizure. Why isn't anyone helping the poor old lady? I may be at a different place and era now but I still am a medical practitioner and I can’t help but help someone in need of assistance.

 

They all just walk past her without a care. I ran to her to check her condition and she is indeed having a seizure. I loosened her belt a little and made my jacket as a make-shift pillow and assisted her to lay over it. I then let her be on her side and took away any stones that might injure her. After a while, she calmed down and is slowly gaining consciousness. I slowly assisted her to sit up and confirmed if she is ok.

 

“What do you feel now?” I asked as I held on to her pulse as well to check.

“This happens every once in a while young lady.” The old woman weakly said.

“Why are they not helping,” I asked curiously as the people just seem to just stare but do nothing.

“It is because I have nothing to pay dear. I cannot pay you for your assistance.” The old lady sadly said to me.

“It is ok. What is important is that you become ok. Let me assist you back home.” I said as I helped her get up.

“That is not fair. Tell me how I can help?” The old woman said as she held onto me weakly.

“After I send you back to your home, maybe you can tell me how to get to the nearest shrine? I need to speak with the head priest or shaman of the area for help.” I said since she is the only one who had the guts to talk to me so I had to take advantage of the opportunity.

 

“How lucky you are my dear! I am now staying at the shrine. Let me guide you there.” The old woman smiled as we then walked our way to the shrine.

 

=================================================

 

[Satomi’s POV]

 

Tall guy in with a symbol of a tiger claw…

Forest with wisteria bloom…

Poisoned arrow…

He looks at me and...

Blood…

 

“Save him…”

 

“AH!” I woke up panting with sweat all over me as I held on to my chest.

 

Ever since I was a kid, I have always had dreams that surprisingly come true, Some people call it foresight, some people say that this is clairvoyance. I do not have control over these dreams but I can manage to react effectively whenever the circumstance comes.

 

I never had a dream as clear as this but I basically don't know what to do. How can I locate that place and why do I have to save him?

 

But most importantly, where am I?

 

I looked around and I was in the middle of the forest. How did I manage to get here when we were just in the museum just a while ago.

 

I then took my phone out and of course, I have no signal in this place. Sorry GPS since I cannot use you at this moment. Maybe this is time for me to use my survival skills and I hope that all those readings and training will be put to good use.

 

What else do I have in my bag though?

 

I ransacked my bag to see my pen and notebook, basic make-up, my water bottle, my swiss knife, my fan, my phone, my first-aid kit, my alcohol, umbrella, and taser.

 

So basically, my only survival tool is my swiss knife and a taser. I am just glad I always bring one with me. I am a girl after all so I think that it is imperative for me to know some basic martial arts and some items for self-defense.

 

As I was walking, I saw some beautiful branches of wisteria flowers. I was then struck when I realized that this was similar to the vision I had in my dreams.

New Life for an Old Wisteria - YouTube

 

I then stopped and hugged myself to gather my thoughts. I then tied my hair in a bun and tried to remember the details of my dream.

 

The only way for me to stop that attack is if I manage to locate where the attacker will strike or if I can get to that tall guy with a tiger’s emblem and save him before the arrow hits him.

 

But where can I see them -- Oh! If I go to higher ground, I can easily check the terrain and see if he is coming. It's better to reach the tall guy since it's difficult to look for the archer since he will most probably be in hiding.

 

From his tracks, we can deduce where the best spot is for an ambush and we can prepare from there. So this is what happens to someone who has been playing several videogames and is now under a lot of stress with all the deadlines.

 

To heck with those deadlines. I have a man to save.

 

I finally got on a good spot and saw the guy I was looking for. It is a bit difficult but I now need to go down and approach him before he reaches the ambush point. Goodluck. I would have been faster if I have been diligently working out and that is something I had no time to do. Well, I am basically sliding my way down and it's a little difficult with these wedge heels and this blazer is not helping at all but, let's do it.

 

I finally reached the guy and his company.

He seems to be that guy in my dream since he is wearing that garb and his back is laced with the tiger’s claw.

 

From the looks of it, he is not a common person since he is surrounded by a handful of guards.

Weird since this is a scene I usually just see on historical dramas and all.

 

Their clothes are like the clothes from the Sengoku Era but with a mix of Chinese elements in it as well. This is all confusing for me but is it really the time for me to discuss things with myself?

 

Unfortunately from my dream, he was clearly struck.

So I have to step in.

 

I saw him look at me and it struck me.

 

This is that moment when he was struck. As if on cue, I started running towards him and I saw some of the guards trying to stop me but for some reason, I managed to get to him and I jumped on him and pushed him away.

 

He sure looks surprised but right as he was now on the ground, with me over him, the arrow struck the place where he used to stand.

 

“Are you ok? I am sorry for being too close right now but someone is after you! That arrow is poisoned and it would have killed you in an instant.” I said as I stood up and now we see ourselves surrounded by a group of assassin-looking people.

 

Now as someone from the corporate world, I never experienced something like this. I may know basic fighting and have been through sparring sessions, thanks to my Aikido and Karate classes. But dealing with swords and knives and people who are out to kill -- can I even add this to my resume?

 

I have no choice but to take out my taser and stand there guarding this fragile-looking guy.

 

“I suppose I have to thank you later. Where is your sword?” He asks me as if it is the most normal thing to have.

 

“I am afraid that is something that doesn't fit my purse. I suppose I should make do with what I have. “ I said as I tested my taser.

 

“Oh! Quite peculiar, you are…” He said with his calm and gentle voice.

 

How can he be calm in such a situation?

I can get a sword if I manage to take down one of them.

 

The assassins started attacking and I had to just stand there and look around because, how do you actually react in an actual situation like this. In video games, I may be a badass but this is my first time so give me some slack!

I was at that moment where all the different inner me are fighting against each other when an angry assassin came towards me.

I then managed to react on time and evade his attack as he swung his blade at me. I was not that fast and I got hit at my arm but it's better than to have that knife buried in my torso. I then found an opening and struck him with my taser.

 

The sound and his reaction made the other assassins look at us as they seemed quite bemused by my unusual weapon of choice. I cannot kill people but this level of shock is enough to render him unconscious. I must have placed it too long on him though. He almost looks fried and in a seizure.

 

The other assassins seemed to be scared of my taser and decided to run away.

 

They must have thought that I was a witch or something with the ability to wield electricity.

 

I was panting and was in shock as I took out my scrunchy and let my hair loose since I felt like my head will appreciate a time to breathe as well since I am freaking out internally now. This all looked quite serious.

 

“Pardon me but… I never realized that you were actually a woman. I should have been more protective of you. Thank you for saving me.” The tall guy in my dream with the tiger claw adorned garb went to me and bowed his head.

 

“No need to thank me! I just have to do what is right. Though… I must admit, hearing you tell me that you got me confused as a man is quite insulting.” I said with a smile but the inner me wants to knock him out.

 

How dare he! I am at least a decent B-cu-- anyways… I do look quite boyish but I still have my make-up on. Dear me. My hourglass figure and all my effort did not deserve any of this.

 

“Forgive me!” He seemed quite startled despite seeing my smile. I think he knows that I am thinking of some morbid ideas but well, they have their place in my brain and maybe we should let them stay there for now.

 

“May I know my lady’s name?” He asked in his most gentle tone.

 

“Is it not the common courtesy to introduce yourself first before asking for a lady’s name?” I smirked as I took the question back to him.

 

“I am sorry but --” I was about to say something but I suddenly felt weak and out.

 

[End of Satomi’s POV]

 

“Your highness! She was poisoned…” His bodyguard, Nakajima Yuto went to check on the lady who just lost her consciousness.

 

“Let’s hurry back to the castle and have her treated. I will introduce myself to her by then.” The guy in his garbed smiled as he then started walking his way back.

 

[Rein’s POV]

 

“Urgh!” Now that’s all I can say after everything that has happened. Why is it so dark around here though?

 

I looked to my right and I was startled to see such a beautiful-looking creature. I am not so sure where I am or what the fudge is happening around me and why am I with such a… well, this girl surely raises my insecurities as a girl myself. I am not sure if the guys here just forgot to pay for their electricity bill and it is quite dark here and I can only see this beauty beside me thanks to the illuminating moonlight through the windows.

 

Now back to this beauty, look at that fair skin and long lashes and that peaceful and soft beautiful features. If I was a guy I would -- wait, is that smoke?

 

I tried to look around and NOW I AM IN A STATE OF PANIC SINCE THIS FREAKING PLACE IS ON FIRE! Like LITERALLY BURNING!!!

 

“Oy!!! Wake up! This place is on fire!” I am now frantically shaking this beauty in her… not everyone sleeps on a kimono nowadays but WHAT THE HECK REIN! THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO THINK OF THE APPROPRIATE NIGHTGOWN!

 

Sleeping beauty now finally woke up but this isn't a fairytale dear so why is she dilly-dallying urgh!

 

I took her by the hand without a care of what she looks like right now as I drag her down this -- why is this whole building all made of wood and all looking old school and how the freak and why in the world are we at the topmost floor!

 

I don’t remember how we managed to get out of that building but I was panting like crazy and I looked back to see Sleeping Beauty just looking at me and was all confused as he looked at me holding her hand.

Goju-no-to Pagoda, Miyajima, Hiroshima by Peter Stewart, via 500px. | Japanese  pagoda, Japanese buildings, Japanese temple

 

“Are you ok?” I asked while still panting but this fellow beside me is just all relaxed as she just dusts her -- wait -- she is a he?! I only realized since her, I mean -- his kimono already shows his bare top and I never expected such a toned torso despite that petite figure, and WHY IN THE WORLD DOES HE LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL?!

 

“Who are you?” He asked as he looked into me as if peering into my soul. Whoa! He looks calm but that is quite authoritative and smug and now I am starting to get irritated with his freaking face.

 

“Is that how you thank someone who just pulled you out of the instant barbeque house?!” I said as I straightened my body and took a deep breath. Now his voice is just irritating my senses for no reason. WHAT A GRATEFUL BEAUTY! Scratch that, I am pissed, and my brain is all over the place right now.

 

“Why were you there with me? How did you get in? Were you planning something to do to me? You do not have to deny it. It is clear with the way you look that you clearly take a fancy to me. I cannot blame you though.” He said with that smug face and look that is now making the internal me want to break at least half of his existence and I can only start cracking my hands and if this idiot starts uttering --

 

“Why the silence? Want to be my concubine?” He smirked as he went and whispered to my ear.

 

*slap*

 

For whatsoever reason, I lost all reasoning and senses and slapped him hard on his cheek.

 

“My lo --” I heard footsteps coming and they all seemed surprised and petrified in their place. I don’t freak care who this guy is, what is clear is that he pissed me off big time.

 

“Go f*** yourself!” I exclaimed as I ran off to wherever my feet can lead me.

 

[End of Rein’s POV]

 

“My lord! Chase that insolent fo --” A tall and cool looking guy said as he ordered the troops to chase the girl who just dared to slap his master.

 

“No need. Let her be.” The beauty Rein just slapped ordered as he caressed his now reddened cheek.

 

“But, your highness… she…” His bodyguard said as he looked quite worried looking at the still-burning pavilion that the others are now putting off.

 

“She will find her way back to me. Call Fujigaya and tell him to keep an eye on her. That wild kitten will make her way back to me. Especially now.” He just smirked.

 

“My lord, she just offered you an engagement deal. And her clothes are so weird too.” Yuya, his bodyguard, remarked as he simply tilts his head to the side.

 

“Exactly. Keep an eye on her. I think she might be the one we are waiting for. For now, we have to investigate who is behind this arson. Then I will decide if I should thank that person or let them beg for their death instead.” The emperor of the Southern Kingdom, Inoo Kei, instructed as he fixed his kimono.